• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses with camping

Copied the basics from other posts here.
Maybe someone can better organize it.
----------------

Bill Frederick Park, Orlando, full hookups

Warriors Path, Kingsport, TN, full hookups

Panther Creek, Morristown, TN, full hookups

Clover Park, Clover, SC, full hookups

Codorus St Park, PA, full hookups

IDGC courses are in Wildwood Park, Appling GA, and they have full RV hookups.

Maggie, in Live Oak, FL has RV spots with electric, and a bath house, as well as tent camping.

Stoney Hill has tournament camping No full hookups, but if you set up near the house, you might get to run an electric line. Outside of tournaments, we've done it a few times for travelers.

Ashe County (NC) has tournament camping, though I don't think there are hookups. Right on the course.

Mississenewa, Miami State Recreation Area, near Peru, IN. Most sites electric, possibly some full hookups.

The Lodge in Pawhuska, OK has Rv hookups and camping onsite.

Bootlegger's Cave in Tylersport, PA is on/directly next to an RV campsite.

Flip City has rustic camping with a porta potty.

Link with the State Parks of Idaho that have courses: https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/activities/disc-golf/ All but Lucky Peak have camping.

Raptor's Roost has camping, RV hookups, cabins, and yurts in the same complex (Shenandoah Crossing).

Sasquatch DGC has camping and rental cabins adjacent to the course.

The Kraken, in Semora, NC has camping and rental cabins adjacent to the course.

Highbridge has rustic camping with several port-o-johns and water access onsite. Shower building in the plans for this year.

Wildcat Bluff in Urbana, Iowa has a campground with electrical hookups, but no water connection.

Last edited:
Unless someone copies all these courses into a single post (VIP style), it will become pretty useless.

If you fast forward... it'll become a bunch of posts about courses that have various levels of camping accommodations, spread out across several pages of the thread, with no way to find what you're looking for.
:\

Lol....people posting about obscure, middle of nowhere courses, with camping. Hey, Keweenaw Mountain Lodge has a course and camping??? :hfive:

Northwest River Park in Cheasapeake Virginia has RV hookups, campsites, and a few cabins with atmosphere control. Also showers available. The local club host a few tournaments a year, they had their Ice Bowl last month.

North Bend River Park in Boydton Virginia a 9-holer has RV hookups, campsites, and showers. There were six "primo" RV sites within a minute walk of the first tee, and 30 seconds of the #9 basket. Don't know if they host tournaments.

Spent four days at lake casitas in Ventura, CA a few years ago. The course runs through the campground. Full hookups and everything

I'll add to the ensuing chaos:

One of the most amazing campgrounds I've ever visited happens to have a fantastic disc golf course in the middle.

Big Eau Pleine county park in Mosinee Wi

In Oregon:

Whistler's Bend - tenting for sure, may have hook-ups but I don't remember

Milo - same

Horning's Hideout - same

Dexter, OR - full hook-ups across the street from the course at an RV resort. The Dexter Lake Club where the Otis Day scene was filmed for Animal House is next door. I got to blow harmonica with the house band on that very stage while passing thru one night. Woke up early the next AM to see if there was any DG in the area and found one of the best courses I've ever played was right across the street! This was pre-DGCR.

Last edited:
Muddy Run in PA. Which I believe is the current best rated course in the state is located in a camping area with RV hookups, snack bar, and all that jazz. Not sure I like this course more than Moraine and Deer Lakes but it's definitely pretty sweet.

I'll see what I can add off the top of my head.. not necessarily RV (hookup) specific, I camp in my van. I'll be mostly regional to the midwest, but will include whatever else pops into my head (and mostly avoid what has already been said)

Maidenshade, Morristown, MN
Chains Edge, Ogilvie, MN
Wilderness, Monello, WI
Tjader Acres, Siren, WI
Mont du Lac, Superior, WI
Veteran Hills, Viroqua, WI
CCO, Fairmont, MN (not necessarily camping year round, but for the event, camping is available)
Big Sioux Recreation Area, Sioux Falls, SD
Forest City, IA
Land of Memories, Mankato, MN
Axldog, Brillion WI (Private camping available any time)
Dream Big, Tigerton, WI (only 12 holes, but well worth it)
Bald Eagle Experience (since we're talking events, my event is camping, camper, cabin friendly for all, pretty much everybody stays on site) Stockholm, WI
West Lake, Quad Cities, IA
Rodeo Park, Ft Madison IA (3 awesome courses)
Walnut Ridge and Big Creek, IA
Paradise Pointe, Smithville, MO (3 solid courses, camping isn't right at the courses but close)
Eisenhower State Park, Osage, KS
Basecamp Adventure Lodge, Moab UT (Ok, RV is going to be tough at this one, but I've heard it's been done, and well worth the trip)

I've got at least 100 more stored up in my brain.. but I'm bored with it at the moment, I'll be back..

Muddy Run in PA. Which I believe is the current best rated course in the state is located in a camping area with RV hookups, snack bar, and all that jazz. Not sure I like this course more than Moraine and Deer Lakes but it's definitely pretty sweet.

Damn good course. I've only played two rounds there but I've been dying to go back. Tee signs are top tier!

EDIT: removed a derail.

Wilderness in Montello, WI has been mentioned a couple of times, but without info about hookups. They have some areas with full hookups and some with electric & water but not sewer. The seasonal rental sites are closest to the course, but there are daily areas within 1000'. The course is one of the best in Wisconsin, and there should be at least one tournament there this year.

The two Dane County Parks courses are in parks with campgrounds that have mostly electric hookup sites, but the courses are 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the campsites if that matters. The Vallarta-Ast course is at Token Creek County Park northeast of Madison, and the Capital Springs course is at Lake Farm County Park south of Madison. The Mad City Open will use both courses (plus Hiestand Park in the City of Madison) but players only get one round at any course.

There are some other campgrounds with courses within an hour or so of Madison, but these are low-rated 9-hole courses that probably aren't what you're looking for.

I'll see what I can add off the top of my head.. not necessarily RV (hookup) specific, I camp in my van. I'll be mostly regional to the midwest, but will include whatever else pops into my head (and mostly avoid what has already been said)

Forest City, IA

While here you could also do a side trip to Winnebago Industries for a factory tour. You know, if your the kind or person who might need a RV of some kind in you life.

Lol....people posting about obscure, middle of nowhere courses, with camping. Hey, Keweenaw Mountain Lodge has a course and camping??? :hfive:

That's exactly what some of us are looking for. In fact, I base my dg road trips on where I can camp for the night and if I can throw a round. I'll choose the campground that has a course on site, even a nine-hole course, every time. Sometimes these courses are in the middle of nowhere.

I was thinking about making this exact post a couple weeks back. I want to compile a list of courses with camping on site or adjacent to the course.

Love those tee signs. I've only played 2 rounds there myself I can't wait to go back up there this Spring.

Central Texas, Moody's Disc Golf Country Club has a primitive cabin on Airbnb. Julie is a superhost! It's a working ranch with two eighteen hole courses on site.

Highbridge has rustic camping with several port-o-johns and water access onsite. Shower building in the plans for this year.

I'm not sure if HH has RV hookups though.

I thought they were only offering tent campsites at the moment but have plans on building cabins you can rent eventually.

I'm not sure if HH has RV hookups though.

I thought they were only offering tent campsites at the moment but have plans on building cabins you can rent eventually.
No official RV hookups currently. Certain things have to happen there that will determine the timing for planned enhancements like RV hookups and cabins for rent in sufficient quantities to promote them as a regular option.

Latest posts