• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses you played when you were relatively new that you want to go back and play!!

only one course that i havent been back to. huntington beach central park. played that one with borrowed disc back when i didnt even own any.

everything else that ive ever played, ive been back to in the past two years

Burchfield (Devil's Den/River's Edge)
Independence Lake (Red Hawk)
Victory Park

All amazing courses, that I would definitely play better at now.

The 3 courses I would like to play again the most are all extinct.

The first one would be the original layout at Edora Park in Ft. Collins, CO. The course is still there, but has gone through several re-designs and is not as much fun as it used to be, IMO.

The 2nd would be Johnny Roberts, which also still exists, but has been re-designed.

The 3rd was a course in south Denver called Fort Logan. That course was only in the ground for a few years before being permanently being pulled due to the landowners getting sick of the douchbags continuously leaving trash all over the course. :wall:

My second full year of playing we went to Highbridge. I'd LOVE to get back to play the Highbridge courses, Sandy Point, and Standing Rock.

I'm still not that good, so I'll probably have to go back to these again in a few years, but here are a few:

Highbridge, particular Blueberry and Granite
Water Works
Fountain Hills
Circle C
Winthrop

I cut my DG teeth at Burke Lake Park in northern VA; after 20+ years of playing I have no urge to go back! Of course I've been trolling the Charlotte courses for the past 5 years.

I started playing in Santa Barbara, on what many people would probably consider a challenging pitch and putt, but pitch and putt nonetheless. Being a broke college student, with broke friends, none of us having reliable cars, road trips were rare. Waller Pines in Santa Maria was the first course I played outside of SB, and it blew my mind. 27 holes in a huge park, well maintained with lush green grass (not too common in CA) and several holes longer than anything I'd seen before. It was a dg experience I didn't want to end, it was like dg paradise to me at the time. (In Santa Maria of all places). I also played Lake Casitas shortly after it was installed, and it was a bit rough at the time--tiny fairways with shules filled with thistle and rattlesnakes--but I could tell it would be a destination course in the future.

I got a chance to visit Santa Barabara again a couple years ago. The SB course has become more challenging, but still is much the same, and still fun. I got a chance to play Casitas again, and it was a lot more forgiving in its broken in state. Kinda sad to see the effects of the drought on it though. I still want to make it back to Santa Maria one day, just to see if it'd be anything like my memory.

Austin Ridge Bible Church, TX
Tyler SP, PA
Leviathan, MI
Rollin Ridge, WI

Leviathan and Rollin Ridge I've played within the last year but I always like going there and getting my a$$ handed to me. I've scored decent but never shot a good round at either place.

Last edited:
Blue Valley destroyed me in '08. 100 degrees and 1,000% humidity. Every hole had elevation, wind, and distance beyond anything I was use to. Kansas City :clap:

There were no courses when I was new. I still play the first basket that I was shocked to see someone just left out there in the park all day for anyone to play.

Wawrick

The first course I played was Brakewell Steel in Wawrick, NY. It's the only time I've played it, but I got hooked there. I need to get back and play it again.

When I learned to play I mainly played Carter Park in Bowling Green Oh. We made trips to a course in Findlay, and Ottawa Park in Toledo occasionally, but we played Carter daily. I remembered Carter as being mildly challenging, and lots of fun, and Ottawa as being a real ball-buster. While visiting my parents last year I drove down to Carter and found that it had a ton of trees cut down, and is now mostly an open field with baskets scattered around it. All the challenge and fun are gone. Sometimes you really can't go home again. :( Even Ottawa was only a mild challenge though, so maybe I've gotten a tiny bit better since college.

The other would be Blendon Woods in Ohio. I played there quite a bit when I was in the area for college. But I was still very green. I remember it being a fun, challenge. But at just 3700 feet, it'll probably have a very different feel if I ever get back to play it again.
Don't do it man! I live in Gahanna, and played the Blender all the time when I got back into disc golf a few years ago. Just in the last few years it's gone from short but tight and somewhat challenging to short and fairly wide open. They've cut down tons of trees. Mostly Ash trees to deal with the Emerald Ash Borer, but they cut down a bunch of the white pines on hole 6 as well. Walking down the deeply shaded 6th fairway and smelling the pines was the best part of playing Blendon for me. Now it's a pretty course with tree lined fairways, but none of them are tight and challenging. You have to be pretty terrible to shoot above a 54 or the course as it sits right now. Since they only have an honor box, not someone in the booth collecting money, the course is full of pretty terrible players which doesn't really add to the environment much... Trust me on this, you're happier enjoying your memories.

Holler and Flip City
Flip is worth it no matter what level you're at. It is far and away the best course I've played, and I truly envy those who live in that corner of Michigan. They've got several courses to choose from that are better than anything near me. :\

While still pretty new to the sport the wife and I brought our discs on our 2nd trip to Europe. We played Roel Langerak Park, Rotterdam. Please excuse the spelling if I screwed it up. Just the thought of playing in such a far away place was cool. The course itself wasn't all that spectacular, but it did have some memorable holes. 17, I think it was 17, was unlike any I've seen to this day. A tunnel shot down the length of an overpass. Concrete pillars to take the place of trees! Lost 3 discs in the pond. I'd love to go there again.

I was just really getting the bug and started playing at least once a week when I lived in South Lake Tahoe for a few months in 2010. I loved Bijou and Zephyr. I wasn't bad by any means, but no where near the level I'm at now. I would love to plan a trip down there with the wife sometime!

When I first started dg my girlfriend and I brought her car up to SF from San Diego so we played Morley Field, Kit Carson and the front 18 at La Mirada on the way back. I was throwing around 275' on a distance shot at the time, now I'm around 400.' I'd like to play those ones again, maybe not Morley Field unless its glow at 3am (~4 hour round due to crowds during the day), but definitely La Mirada.

Flip is worth it no matter what level you're at. It is far and away the best course I've played, and I truly envy those who live in that corner of Michigan. They've got several courses to choose from that are better than anything near me. :\

Hour and a half max, from me ;)

Sky High is the only "wow" course that I played during my first year that I'd really enjoy playing again but to which I haven't gotten back.

Latest posts