• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

Now that I think about it... It reminded me of a first flight hurricane!

Fixed. The first flight hurricanes would turn when fresh. Newer runs are overstable. A sparkle hurricane is close to a z force.

The crank sounds a lot like a tern or trespass.

Fixed. The first flight hurricanes would turn when fresh. Newer runs are overstable. A sparkle hurricane is close to a z force.

The crank sounds a lot like a tern or trespass.

This is interesting, I found my Nukes to be less stable than my Trespasses, and these are suppose to be less stable than Nukes are they not?

This is interesting, I found my Nukes to be less stable than my Trespasses, and these are suppose to be less stable than Nukes are they not?

My post was just speculation. I've only owned one nuke a make weight Z and it was more stable than my 174 biofuzion trespass. I'm sure esp nukes would be equally stable or more understable than my trespass given a short break in period.

Lol I never said FIRST FLIGHT hurricane because it didn't fly like one. It flew like a regular old hurricane.

I feel like the heavier ones are coming out more stable than the lighter. I like my 170-172 because they do turn on the HSS but come back equally as much or more. It is a very straight disc. However, if you really try to turn the Crank, the disc does not reward you with heavy LSS fade back. I stand by my -1.5 HSS and 2 LSS.

The speed and fade are almost identical to my Pre-Avery Destroyers to the point I would rather just throw the Crank and not have to spend 20+ on the Destroyers I like. Plus, I get to chose my color combination with the Cranks and don't have to over spend on the ones I really want to get. The ESP plastic is nice on this run too.

Tried one yesterday. It was an instant hit! Long, easy to throw, & forgiving. Of course I only threw it FH, but then 95% of my drives are FH. Flew pretty straight with a slight fade at the end. I think I'll keep this in my bag for quite some time.

Tried mine out for the first time yesterday. It was surprisingly stable. Fought out of a turn quicker than my Nukes. Didn't flip any noticeable amount. Flew a lot like the current run of Hurricanes. Did I get a fluke Crank?

I threw one last weekend. For my power, it seemed like an X Nuke or maybe even a Vulcan. The shoulders sure look Vulcanish. I generally don't like the speed 13 stuff, but was pleasantly surprised by the result.

I threw one last weekend. For my power, it seemed like an X Nuke or maybe even a Vulcan. The shoulders sure look Vulcanish. I generally don't like the speed 13 stuff, but was pleasantly surprised by the result.

I'll second the crank looking a bit vulcanish. Tossed one on Sunday and it flew ok, straight with some fade. Little more fade than my bio trespass, but its a 168 and the crank was max weight.

Crankin' it!

I have only thrown mine a couple times, but
I can say with confidence that it's gonna have
a spot in the bag. The one I got is pretty domey
and marked 170-172. This thing has massive amounts
of glide. It flies for days! By far the most controllable
high speed driver I have thrown without it being a flip
machine. I agree with the longer surge surge comparison.
Almost identical flight paths. Very excited to see how the
flight changes as the disc beats in. Definitely would
like to see it released in Z plastic as well. Great disc
so far

Cranked it again yesterday. Definitely going to stay in my bag for now. Out of my hand it's a tad slower than the Nuke, as in not quite the distance. But perhaps it was the glide. And as rated by DC not quite as overstable as the Nuke. I still find it to be forgiving with a very dependable straight flight path with a little fade at the end. Like the plastic too.

There may be plenty of similar discs out there, but I haven't tried any.

I got two sometime last week. They are staying in my bag for now. I have a 171 flat one and a 175 domey one. The flat one definitely has some turn to it and fades back nicely. I got it out to 400 on a couple throws. Both of these have crazy amounts of glide. The heavier, domey one is a lot different. I can throw this one just as hard and it has almost no turn. It's a lot more hss than the lighter one. It seems to fade out just as much, if not more, than the blue one. They're both fun to throw, I seem to turn towards the blue one in most disdance situations though. I throw the red one into headwinds though, and only then do I get some turn out of this disc.

I bought a flat yellow 175g one (with a shiny metallic stamp) today and its a bit more stable than I thought it was compared to all the initial reviews I had read. Its more stable than my 175 star destroyer that I just got two weeks ago and almost as stable as my ESP nukes. And while the rim isn't as wide (it still shares similar depth) as the Nuke and the other super fast drivers, it seems to be a bit harder to grip. Maybe I am just way more used to the wider rims, but it just seems to release from my fingers just a tad too early. I don't have huge hands/fingers and yet it still felt almost cramped trying to hold the Crank (power grip).

I guess I will hold off on my judgement until it wears in a bit but for right now I will stick with my other discs.

One other thing I noticed is that the flight plate on the Crank is considerably thicker than a lot of other drivers out there. In fact its probably the thickest one I have come across.

Sat. I overheard Scott Papa telling someone its in between a nuke and a nuke SS
So, yes.

We just got in about 25 first run Cranks to our club... they were gone almost immediately. Is everyone still throwing these? I have three in my bag now.

Great disc! Very easy to throw and get big D with. Consistency is the key and this disc is easier to throw far accurately than a force or a Nuke. While a beat force might be similiar I think the crank is still going enough further to make it worthwhile! The nuke can be a bit touchy and the crank seems to be rock solid. I think it is really predictable and easier to get big straight D than any disc I have ever thrown. I still have to try it in the wind to see what it is like there. That will be an interesting test.

Latest posts