• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

I am a big fan of the Flash, and I heard someone mention that I should try a Crank. We had a guy show up at the course today, with a huge plastic bin of discs. He told me that a friend told him that I liked to throw Discraft, and would I like to try the Crank. I said sure, and after a test throw, I was hooked. I bought it off him for $10, and new ESP Crank. I really like this disc. It goes straight for me, with some fade at the end, but I am sure it will straighten out a little bit as it beats in, but it does out fly my Flash for sure.

Stumbled across this info while on ebay:

"175-176g Discraft Magnet Stamped with SS Avenger Stamp & Rare factory burn in grip stamps Z GLO NUKE on bottom and top is Z GLO CRANK.
This is out of Private Stock! and he says this. I call that a Grip Stamp. It is legal because it was done at the factory, hence not a post-production modification. I have the factory burn in the grip stamps deeply."

This is a very interesting disc. Not sure how the logo will last for grip, but a neat idea. Anyways, this further confirms that GLO Cranks are coming out soon. Thought some might be interested by this.

I'm interested, but sure that a Z Crank would fly much different to the ESP version.

Great video as always Mike.

XYKf5LA.gif

Thank you Archon, just ordered one. They(Discraft) are insinuating drugs big time here. You would think they would push Crank as something mechanical like bicycles or ice cream makers. And we wonder why Disc Golf can't shake the label of "Druggies".

Thank you Archon, just ordered one. They(Discraft) are insinuating drugs big time here. You would think they would push Crank as something mechanical like bicycles or ice cream makers. And we wonder why Disc Golf can't shake the label of "Druggies".

I hate it personally. For a sport that needs numbers to be more accepted, this sure is the wrong message to send to our youth and their families. Breaking bad is an adult show, but disc golf is for all ages. Aligning your company's name with a show that glorifies drug crime is a stupid move in my book. Very short sided.

Breaking Bad was a very popular show especially amongst disc golf's largest age demographic. Players that liked the show will buy them and players looking for a Z Crank will buy them. If you're not one of those people, don't buy one. You people overreact about everything. "This will be the end of disc golf fo sho!"

I hate it personally. For a sport that needs numbers to be more accepted, this sure is the wrong message to send to our youth and their families. Breaking bad is an adult show, but disc golf is for all ages. Aligning your company's name with a show that glorifies drug crime is a stupid move in my book. Very short sided.

Glorifies? Have you even seen the show?

Discraft will be just fine, and so will the sport.. Don't be so sensitive.

Latest posts