• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

^ A fine point made by this gentleman.

I've seen the show: Walt makes a boat-load of money, and doesn't actually get caught. He gets to pass some of it on to his kids.

It amazes me that people will defend it: Wendy the addict is unforgettable–that's where meth really leads.

Open your eyes.

"Sensitivity" has nothing to do with calling out a company who has lost their sense of creativity and marketing.

methinks you should focus your outrage on a more appropriate target

this is a small batch, limited run
not something that will be displayed at gas stations and big box stores across the country

I hate that the sport has a connection to drug use at this time, but I don't see a problem with the Breaking Bad homage here.

Breaking bad was one of the best, most watched, tv show in the history of television. Would you feel just as offended if they came out with a Sopranos theme?

They glow green.

These first 2000 are all blu-glo z. The production runs will more than likely be in a lot more colors. I don't mind a blu-glo one though. Especially if it actually glows blue.

I am looking forward to seeing the thing. I didn't buy one because the disc looks like crystal meth that Walt cooked. I got it cause a blue glow disc in Z plastic sounds awesome.
With a name like Crank I just would have thought Discraft would distance themselves from any sort of drug reference.
NEWAY still like Discraft and the Buzzz is still about a bee to me.

Since when have disc golfers been associated with meth, anyway?

Now if Gateway came out with the Cheech & Chong-branded Blaze, then I could understand the uproar.

I think these Breaking Bad themed Cranks were a great idea. Great company making a fund raiser disc from one of the greatest shows ever made.

Glorifies? Have you even seen the show?

Discraft will be just fine, and so will the sport.. Don't be so sensitive.

:thmbup: It's refreshing to see a company create something like that without the "protect the children" filter.

Sweet, just found me one for sale. Can't wait. I've been wanting to try the Crank for a while now I've got a great excuse.

stopped by the shop at lunch, they had a stack of them

appeared to be at least 4 different shades of blue, all the same weight, and the light blue seemed to glow the brightest

Latest posts