• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

You do have a point & I did quickly jump to conclude the OP didn't do a search & I apologize for that. But in my defense I'm just really sick of threads that are created that don't need to be. It seems almost every day a new thread is made that the OP could of originally just searched for it & found a plethora of info on it. This thread is an exception, my bad.

Honestly, everything that can possibly be talked about on here has already been talked about at least a dozen times, so how about we stop being d-bags to all the new posters? No topic is original anymore, and some times it is useful to bring it up separate of prior information to have a fresh look at the situation.

There both unthrown too lol..... Havent been out to the course since I got them, been flipping over the SS lately on sidearms and the reg 164 Nuke still seem OS.

we're naming discs after street names for drugs that ruin lives, is that what we're doing now?

No. Surge is more overstable than a nuke.

This is my experience. I've had two 169 z surges that both flew the same at 350 feet and they were more overstable than any nuke I've thrown or owned except for ti nukes. I still have one of the surges, lost the other, and it still won't turn at 350ft. I think older surges, especially the esp nate doss surges, were less overstable and gave surges a bad rap so people have been throwing nukes instead for the longest time.

so would this be a fair comparison?

Innova Tern = Discraft Crank

I wonder if it's good in a headwind.

Its not like nuke os good. More like a fresh destroyer or worn force. Will turn some. But i didnt get any flips unless thrown on a pretty extreme anhyzer angle

Was too stable for me to hyzerflip in a moderate tailwind also. Fwiw

I've been throwing a Team Member Proto Type (realesed before Ams) for about a week now. I usually max out a drive around 450-475. I found if you throw it on an anhyzer line your better put it up in the air because it's very flippy. I get alot of snap out of a hyzer flip and sometimes the disc can't handle all I can put on it and crumbles as I like to describe it. When I do get a great throw out of it the disc flips up flat and starts a beautiful s turn and just keeps gliding forever and finishes very straight really like throwing it for long open holes.I really can't say what Innova disc it comes in comparison too because I have been throwing only Discraft for the last two years and I've improved tremendously since then. The proto I am also throwing is light and feels almost like Innova pro plastic.I also found if I throw it with 70% power it hold any line forever and fades out like any high speed driver. Very interested in throwing a max weight stiff crank....stiff crank haha

anyone know the release date of this disc?

The guy selling discs from his truck at my home course has stock stamped Cranks.

I took one toss with it. Have a ~340 arm, nice hyzerflip with a good fade at the end. If I liked the feel of rims this big I would've bought 2.

As a Pre-Avery Destroyer thrower, I found that I like the Crank. I bought three discs a Pink 170-172 which scaled at 172, a Blue 170-172 scaled at 171, and a 167-169g Purple scaled at 168. I typically throw my Destroyers at 170-172g.

First off, many of the stock stamped Cranks are overweight by well alot. Some 173-174's weighed in at 178! or 176. So, be aware of this when you are picking up a max weight Crank.

I throw Destroyers as my primary driver and like to flex mine out and allow them to achieve maximum distance. From many throws on the course and out in the field this disc allowed me to get similar distance but easier. I was also worried about the rim being too wide (2.3cm compared to 2.1 on the Destroyer), but I found it really didn't bother me very much. I was continually getting about 30 more feet on my drives when released on a slight anhyzer release. I was able to get my Pink out to around 400. The Blue was similar with it being a touch more stable. The Purple I was hoping to flip and go flat on hyzer release, but, this disc was very similar to the others but for some reason didn't go as far. I was able to turn over all three discs, but only on severe anhyzer releases. Most of the time the disc went to the right a bit and then faded back the same amount. I would probably rate it at around a 13, 5, -1.5, 2.

The ESP plastic was nice on all three, with the Purple having more flex. I am bagging the Pink and Blue for now and sold the Purple. I am very happy with the Crank and will have to test it out more before completely removing my Destroyers as my main driver. But, I think the disc will find its way into several players bags. Pick one up and toss it!