• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

Fairly straight flyer. Reminds me a bit of the Tern. Pretty user friendly for a high speed driver. I used it for a few rounds this weekend and as of now it will probably stay in the bag.

Can't compare it to a Nuke SS for FH (since i don't throw Nukes) but I was throwing nice low laser beams with it.

Discgolfcenter.com just got em. Got 2 on the way, hope this disc is what desribed!

Yeah I just ordered mine from DGC earlier today....hope the Crank fills the slot that the FLX Nuke SS didn't. It was more overstable than my FLX nuke.

Hope it arrives by Friday so I can test it out before the tourny on Sat.

disc_qualified: low lazer beams....sounds perfect....thats how I like to throw'em lol

Threw one today. It was a heavy one... 177... Not sure why it was stickered 173-174... But it flew pretty much like a straight force to me... At 420' it power pretty much stands up flies straight with good glide. The only thing I didn't like was the rim was shallow like a nuke ss. But still a straight flyer same size rim width as the force to me... It maybe should have been called a force ss

I am, I really like it for big distance. It has a combination of glide and speed that allow for Max D. It feels really nice in the hand.

What distance are u getting? Im hoping to throw it at a mini hyzer angle and get the s-turn. I got 2 at 173g on the way

Threw one today. It was a heavy one... 177... Not sure why it was stickered 173-174...

Side note: I find Discraft deviates from their weight sticker much more frequently than other manufacterers stray from what they have on their discs. Strange, particularly when you consider their method of specifying a range (i.e. 173-174, rather than the single number of 173 or 174, like other manufacterers) is more forgiving.

/ thread drift.

Im not sure it would be like a Teedevil or a destroyer. It's like a more stable tern... Shallow rim, a bit wider rim then the tern, but it just stood up flat and glided far with almost no turn.

To me it has more glide then anything innova makes other than the tern...

I just picked one up this weekend and have played 2 rounds with it. I am enjoying it a lot. I have a surge as one of my go to drivers. Nice hyzer shots or super straight with a nice fade if I throw it hard enough. I think its max weight. I also have a nukess which I loved, but now I turn it over almost every time. I recently picked up a nuke thats 170 and I can almost flip that one over too, it has nice turn for me. The crank is just like my surge, just longer. I can get maybe 30-40 ft more than my surge, with the crank. I am happy with it. Just imagine a surge with nuke speed.

i should have 2 of these in my hands within the next 2 days, i havnt been excited about a new disc in a while. I was patiently waiting for discraft to come out with a disc like this. I like the feel of the force but it was too overstable, i like the D of the nuke but it was a bit too finiky for me. I hope the crank is the perfect disc for me. i really havnt changed my bag much but i had to jump on the crank wagon,

everybody wants a ride on the crank wagon

Last edited:

Latest posts