• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] crazy price for first run buzzz

fishmich

Why didn't Winston take advantage of me instead?
hope im not breaking any rules here but i had to bring this up here. its not my disc but i wish it was. there is an auction on ebay right now for a first run buzzz that is blowing my mind. 7 days left and its at $163. thats just nuts. im interested to see how this one is gonna play out.

Now is the time to sell! I saw one go for 189 dollars on ebay not too long ago.

This is pretty retarded actually. Why did everyone start throwing buzzz's all of a sudden? 6-8 months ago you would have thought that 50 dollars was a lot to pay for these. I know I bought two on ebay for $48 shipped. I thought it was pretty high then however I wanted them because they were blue!

So anyway here is the deal. STOP BUYING BUZZZ's. Especially Second RUn ones. If all of you guys stop buying them then the price will drop back down and I can get some more for myself!!

I'm not a huge buzzz fan, but that thing is farkin gorgeous....

This is ridiculous. A buzzz going for that much should never happen.

Now is the time to sell! I saw one go for 189 dollars on ebay not too long ago.

This is pretty retarded actually. Why did everyone start throwing buzzz's all of a sudden? 6-8 months ago you would have thought that 50 dollars was a lot to pay for these. I know I bought two on ebay for $48 shipped. I thought it was pretty high then however I wanted them because they were blue!

So anyway here is the deal. STOP BUYING BUZZZ's. Especially Second RUn ones. If all of you guys stop buying them then the price will drop back down and I can get some more for myself!!

$50 is a lot to pay for ANY disc. :|
$160+ is just ridiculous.

Wow, guess it's time to sell mine.....$160+ should fill up my truck. That is, if it's only half empty :)

I got 2 Sparkle Buzzz's with fundraiser stamps on it and love them. My buddy bought two second first runs for 55 a piece, just unbelievable. I have thrown his and the feel is nearly the same but i notice no difference in the flight.

It's pretty logical in a way. Most people don't really know the difference between a good disc or a bad disc by sight. People latch on to things that don't really matter like right-facing Rocs because it's simple; it's something you can easily see and you don't have to really know anything about a good Roc to pick it out.

The early Buzzz have a perfect "don't have to know what you are looking for" crutch because of the Wasp tooling. As popular as the Buzzz has become, it was only a matter of time before people with disposable income and no feel for what a good Buzzz looks like would drive the Wasp-tooling Buzzz prices up.

Right now you have a funny situation with a really good production run of flat Z Buzzz being out right at the same time as the prices on the Wasp-tooling Buzzz are spiking sky-high. It just goes to show you that a lot of the disc value nonsense makes no sense. If you know what to look for in a good Buzzz, they are on the shelves right now for regular Z prices.

But the reality is that finding a good Buzzz to throw is no longer the point. People don't spend $160 on a thrower. Up until now, the Buzzz has been a thrower. It has now moved into the world of the collectible. These discs are going to hang on somebody's wall.

Last edited:
I find it kind of ironic that in the description he says he has a few of them, whats even better is he lives within 45min of the Discraft plant. I wonder how he is getting so many if they are so "rare". And then again maybe I'm wrong.

Latest posts