• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

creating a vector to be plotted

tyler_580

when i went to the sign shop in town where i live the guy gave me a bunch of vinyl and transfer tape for free and wouldn't take any money, so i told him i would be back and id have him plot me out something so i could give him some money.he said i needed the file to be in eps format but is that all i need? or do i need to do more than just save it into eps format?:wall:

.eps is a vector file - to create an image it uses paths and nodes instead of pixels
download inkscape (free) and figure it out a bit and you'll get a .eps pretty quick

i have photoshop and i have an image saved in eps format but i wasnt sure if i had to cut it out of the background or not. that makes it alot easier if all i have to do is save it in eps format

saving a file from photoshop as an eps file does not make it a vector file, it is still a raster file. you would need to convert it to vector in either Illustrator or InkScape.

Latest posts