• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crescent Bend Nature Park - Cibolo, TX

MacGyver214

Word is that tees are being poured. This is a flood plain being developed, so it will be some time before this is opened publicly. Only a handful of folks I hear have walked the intended course. Also there are no directions to the site at this time to prevent traffic until this is complete. This will be a great addition to the area that already boasts Champion quality courses in Live Oak, McClain, & Universal City.

ldp.jpg

So I've searched the "internets" over and can't find a relative street address for this place. Anyone have any more information about its location.

How near or far from UC or LO? Next to RAFB?

Okay guys, the directions would be FM 78 east from Universal City or Randolph Air Force Base, and about 3/4 mile after the 1103/78 intersection, you will take a right onto Main St. Then you will take your next right onto Schaeffer Rd. After the low-water crossing bridge you'll see the subject land on your immediate right.

thanks for the info. We travel up that way a good bit, as my wife's family lives all over San Antonio. It'll be nice to check it out when it's done. Who's designing btw?

10/09 Update

Good morning, I was out & about in Guadalupe County yesterday morning. Driving to 12805 Schaefer Rd. in Cibolo, TX, I found the park is open (from dawn to dusk) & has rock covered gravel paths for walking or biking, picnic tables, and a restroom building for current use. It's not been mowed, and looks to be the place to view a few wildflowers, butterflies, and birds. No sports fields or DG course have appeared yet. I called the offices of Bexar commissioner Tommy Adkisson to obtain a window of completion for the proposed DG course & sports fields. The lady I talked to recognized that those projects will be part of the park. As far as the exact time frame, the parks manager is supposed to give me a call back with more information, which I will reciprocate to you as soon as I get it.

Guru:

Luckily, you caught me as I was returning from Houston, so I drove through the park today. Unfortunately, there are no disc golf baskets in yet. I'm sure I will have to call Tommy Adkinson's office & find out why they are not installed yet & the answer will probably be $. However, the entrance to the park has a nice sign & the park walking/bike trails are nicely manicured. As far as the grounds surrounding the trails, except for the occassional picnic table, nothing much could be said except for the 20 foot tall weeds that nearly hide the trees. I chatted with a local walking the park & he apparently was aware also that they were supposed to install a course, but they just haven't done so yet. So there you have it!

okay so the park itself is open but no course, really. gotcha. i cant wait till there is some progress on this park. im getting burned out on the older courses here.

Greg, I don't know of any new news on this. The DG course may have fallen through the cracks. The master plan graphic with the dg course apparently is no longer available.

They opened a new course at Schlather Park though in Cibolo.