• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Cryztal Challengers

Love mine. I use it for drives off the tee because it seems to hold its stability more. I also use mine to putt on extremely windy days. I have a buddy that uses two exclusively for putting, but I prefer the Pro Ds. Cryztal Buzzz is also awesome. Most of my Cryztal plastic either has or is currently aging like fine wine. :thmbup:

I use my cryztal challenger for short drives, as well as hyzer approaches. Plastic is damn near indestructible.

I've recently moved away from my Cryztal Challenger but for one reason only.......$$$$$$$$

Cryztal isn't significantly more expensive than the other plastics...you can easily find them for $15, and they aren't rare at all.

Nothing bad to say but prefer an elite x hard (oop). Way more glide. The cryztal is nice once it gets gummy but it takes forever.

I love the hard x-challengers. I've been considering a crystal as an extra backup since the hard x's are OOP.

Less glide you say? How does it compare otherwise?

Nothing bad to say but prefer an elite x hard (oop). Way more glide.

I miss the hard Elite X. This was my first putter, but I moved away from Discraft for a time and never got it back from my buddy (his dog chewed it up). I'm probably going to try to switch back from my FLX to the X if anyone has any new 170+ they're looking to get rid of.

I love the hard x-challengers. I've been considering a crystal as an extra backup since the hard x's are OOP.

Less glide you say? How does it compare otherwise?

I've never thrown a hard X, but I've thrown just about every other kind of Challenger. I didn't notice that the Cryztal had that much less glide than my other Challengers. The one thing I did notice is that I could put a lot more snap into it without it turning over, which makes it an excellent driver. I even won some beer off my buddy the other day because he didn't think I could outdrive him with a putter. My Cryztal went at least 30' farther than his nicest drive. :hfive:

Crystal FLX Challenger

I am proud to have a disc that is difficult to find, but I hear the guy who owns the SWEETSPOT on Ebay...Don Jenkins may have some....guessing about 35$....may want to check out, since there were only a few made..not sure why.

Anyways, the disc is a great side arm approach disc, as the plastic is overstable, the disc is designed overstable, while it is designed for glide, the FLX property makes it not as glidey as it's brother the ESP version. Most importantly of all, side arms, especially huge anhyzers create roll when approaching with discs, but the FLX absorbs much of the shock, as others may have a tendancy to roll, which could horrible.

I also like the side arm putt with this disc in tight situations. Lately, I have been coming down to a knee to throw. The reason is so that I am more level with the height of the basket, making rainbow arc anhyzers into the basket easier, since standing up I would find myself overshooting the basket.

Coming to the knee is now keeping the disc lower to the ground, so even if I miss, the disc doesn't have as much room to roll around.

If your not much of a side arm approach or putter, I recommend coming to a knee. If you can find one of these glorious additions to your arsonal, more power to your game, otherwise just settle for a Max weight ESP FLX Challenger...gl

I never thought I'd say this, but the Cryztal Challenger is even straighter than the Buzzz.

I am proud to have a disc that is difficult to find, but I hear the guy who owns the SWEETSPOT on Ebay...Don Jenkins may have some....guessing about 35$....may want to check out, since there were only a few made..not sure why.

Anyways, the disc is a great side arm approach disc, as the plastic is overstable, the disc is designed overstable, while it is designed for glide, the FLX property makes it not as glidey as it's brother the ESP version. Most importantly of all, side arms, especially huge anhyzers create roll when approaching with discs, but the FLX absorbs much of the shock, as others may have a tendancy to roll, which could horrible.

I also like the side arm putt with this disc in tight situations. Lately, I have been coming down to a knee to throw. The reason is so that I am more level with the height of the basket, making rainbow arc anhyzers into the basket easier, since standing up I would find myself overshooting the basket.

Coming to the knee is now keeping the disc lower to the ground, so even if I miss, the disc doesn't have as much room to roll around.

If your not much of a side arm approach or putter, I recommend coming to a knee. If you can find one of these glorious additions to your arsonal, more power to your game, otherwise just settle for a Max weight ESP FLX Challenger...gl

Confusing post is confusing.

I've never heard of a Cryztal FLX plastic before, could you post a pic or two?

Assuming that you have a regular Cryztal Challenger, they're not hard to find, and $35 is absolutely ridiculous. I got mine for $15.

I use mine for approaches and putts. The only thing I don't like about it is that it tends to skip a good amount on approach shots, but I've been factoring that in to the shot so it's not too big of a deal.

Cryztal flx challenger

Nope....He is definatly talking about the Cryztal flx challenger. A disc that was only run for the players cup. They average a cost of 35 dollars as there were only 300 made.

Nope....He is definatly talking about the Cryztal flx challenger. A disc that was only run for the players cup. They average a cost of 35 dollars as there were only 300 made.

Dammit now I want one.

Both of you suck.

ya 300 were made for 07 players cup, and a 2nd run was made for the 08 Memorial but they were all ice clear. idk the number produced for the memorial but i have read they were gummier. but me and ryno both have 3. then 2 other friends have 4 more.

so thats where 10% of the players cup ones are but who the hell is sittin on the rest lol

Latest posts