• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Curtis Loew needs some help!

Curtis Loew

This is my first post on DG Course Review and I welcome your feedback.

I am trying to pull a level throw on the back hand in this video.

Just one side arm throw for now but I will most more at a later date.

Max BH distance is 350 with Lat64 Bolt.

SW22 please show the me way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cr88xhK5Hw

Hey there fellow with the hair colored yellow. Whatchu tryin' to prove?

Slow down. You need to turn your hips/shoulders further back when you plant and keep your weight/spine more centered between your legs. You should be balanced on the plant leg through the finish.

SW22 - thanks for the feedback.

Do you have any side by side video so I can compare my form with someone you feel like would be a good model for me to copy? I am a visual learner and seeing how someone else is doing it correctly beside my form will help me understand better what I need to do for improvement.

I do understand the SLOW DOWN part, LOL!

I kinda laughed at myself with the up tempo when I saw the video which may come from years of tennis...

Can you see enough of my side arm to give me any feedback?

It looks like you are starting to swing early before your weight transfers the front leg and you need to get you head closer over the plant foot FH and keep the throwing shoulder lower through the finish. I'd try not stepping as far behind the front foot in the x-step as you do so you are more balanced.