• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] D2 vs. Destroyer

Ok so I attempted to take some photos of the defect... The first 2 photos show the side of the flight plate with the indent, and the 3rd photo is the other side of the disc where it has a nice smooth dome.
Am I out of line here to say that this is a defective disc? I realize there's always some variation in flight and stability, even with the same molds. But this disc is absurdly overstable, and clearly (to me) has a production defect.

got a destroyer like this, a friend told me to put it upside down on a pot and pour some boiling water into the flight plate and let it sit for a couple mins. Worked like a charm, but ive never tried it on prodigy plastic.

got a destroyer like this, a friend told me to put it upside down on a pot and pour some boiling water into the flight plate and let it sit for a couple mins. Worked like a charm, but ive never tried it on prodigy plastic.

Hmm interesting... Maybe I'll give that a try.
I'll report back.

Although I did tell my distributor that I was going to return it for a refund. I'm not sure I feel okay returning it after boiling it.
Debating returning it and buying a Barsby Eagle. Need me a fresh Eagle anyways.

Last edited:
I just got a 400 D3, which has exactly the same defect and it is also absurdly overstable. It pretty much has a stability of a new Discmania PD2.
I may try this boiling water trick as well.

Latest posts