• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] D5

The only main difference between the D5, and D4 is that the D5 has a disc height of 1.6cm compared to 1.9 of the D4. The D5 is the only disc that has a rim width of 2.4cm. The rest are 2.3.

I would assume that it would be more understable than the D4.

Maybe the D5 will actually be understable. I can't find an understable D4 anywhere and I have bought 4 now.

I bought only 1 D4 (First Run stamp) and was feeling the same way. Not understable :\

Plastic is awesome, but how it molded up was disapointing. Looking forward to maybe trying a D5 when they come out.

Maybe the D5 will actually be understable. I can't find an understable D4 anywhere and I have bought 4 now.

Really!? Mines a first run and I throw it on an almost 90 degree hyzer and I still can't trust it to come back. I throw it around 430 for reference; if it comes back.

My proto D4 is under-stable. I have to throw it with a slight hyzer so it doesn't turn and burn on me. Which type of plastic are the protos made of? Which type of plastic are your D4s?

My proto D4 is under-stable. I have to throw it with a slight hyzer so it doesn't turn and burn on me. Which type of plastic are the protos made of? Which type of plastic are your D4s?
The protos are 400s. I'm throwing the 400G. However, I have bought a 400s D4 and it too was slightly overstable.

I had a proto 169 D4.
It didn't last in my bag...I didn't find it all that understable.
I've been liking the D3 though...enough to make me want to try other molds.

The D5 might be interesting but that is an awfully big wing

Fatbackbob got a D1, D2, and a D3 in winnings at this weekend's tourney. D1 was the least overstable of the bunch. The D3 was super beefy and on a flat throw he didn't make 300' and I've seen him hit 400' with a Sword and Destroyer:confused:

The most overstable of the bunch, D3, had a little nipple on the center top of the flight plate so I guess that little bit of dome was enough to make it crazy overstable:\

Get a proto D4... they've got some turn, if you can throw over 350'.

My Proto D4 is overstable as hell. I had a local pro give it a throw on one of the field holes at my course, and he turned around and looked at me after and said "That was supposed to be the understable one?!? :confused:

I have 3 D4 (2 1st Run, one proto) in 400s. They are all similar in flight and understable with strong end fade. I can't throw them flat or they turn into rollers. I get 320-350ft when throwing reduced power straight hyzer flip shots. I max out around 400'. Based on how careful I have to be with the D4, I can't see any value in a more understable variant.

My two Proto D4s behave just like my two Proto D1s.

I got a 400g and a 400s D4 about a month ago and they turn a *little* bit, and one is still a bit less than the other. Both finish left (RHBH) when thrown flat.

I have found that D4s have a pretty noticeable point where they begin to flip, but prior to that point they appear pretty overstable and after that point that turn over pretty hard. So if I don't get one up to speed, it stays pretty beefy. But once I hit that point, it's turnover city. It makes the disc unreliable for me.

I wants me one(D5 that is), have a D4 and is a good turning driver for me even with my lack of skill, power(I max out at 350').

I got First Run D1's, D2's and D'4. All fly the exact same, slightly overstable. THe D3 was the only one that flew how it was suppose to.

Latest posts