• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dallas Fort Worth Courses (Wet or Not?)

SpaZuM

For those of you around the Dallas Fort Worth area! Do any of you guys know if the courses are still extremely wet from the latest rain?

I have an itch to play, but I don't want to be in the mud all day. Any suggestions around the area (especially either Fort Worth, Arlington, Mesquite, or Rockwall)

Veterans in Arlington takes rain very well. Lake park in Lewisville is also very playable after a rain.

I have been knocking out some Texas courses lately but have only been to Dallas/Ft. Worth area once for Lester Coyote. There are so many 3.5 and up rated courses around Dallas. Heavily wooded are my favs. Some courses as heavily wooded have only 9 or 10 wooded holes and some have as many as 15. What are the really heavily wooded courses around the DFW area that you guys suggest? Even if it is not a highly rated course.

I have been knocking out some Texas courses lately but have only been to Dallas/Ft. Worth area once for Lester Coyote. There are so many 3.5 and up rated courses around Dallas. Heavily wooded are my favs. Some courses as heavily wooded have only 9 or 10 wooded holes and some have as many as 15. What are the really heavily wooded courses around the DFW area that you guys suggest? Even if it is not a highly rated course.

Towne Lake is fairly wooded. Lester Lorch is really as wooded as they come in DFW. Gateway Park is wooded but new and rough

is gateway hard to navigate? I have been drooling over east metro and cameron east, it would be about 760 round trip for waco but with 2 highly rated courses it would be worth it. I would have to be really well rested and leave about 5 am. and what about navigation at towne lake?

a local at U.T Tyler said that the new Lindsey gold course is heavily wooded and very hard to navigate but it is not listed yet as a course on this site.

towne lake is super easy to navigate. gateway is semi-impossible. I think you can find a link to a map on the pdga course directory.

towne lake is super easy to navigate. gateway is semi-impossible. I think you can find a link to a map on the pdga course directory.
thanks it makes a big difference in my enjoying a round when I know going into it that it's going to be a lot of walking just to find the next tee or the basket that you are aiming at with your tee shot. If it is a killer woods course then it won't matter to me. Plus almost every Texas course I have played has been busy enough to where I could follow the locals which is nice.

towne lake is super easy to navigate. gateway is semi-impossible.

ditto.gif

The Gateway map is on DGCR too: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3024&mode=lf
But it's not really detailed enough to guide you down the paths. I would not try Gateway without a local guiding you for your first time.

Latest posts