• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dallas to Destin

chopz33

Eagle Member
any decent courses in or around the Destin area?

will have a vehicle so driving a short distance from Destin isn't an issue.

any local mini's at the courses. will be there for over a week

I played Blue Angels Park last summer when we were staying in Pensacola. Three awesome courses in one location. Looks to be about 2hrs from Destin.

Small world? Or maybe its just that Destin is the closest, "nice" beach to TX? I just went from Houston to Destin last week.

The closest/best option is Ferry Park. It was about 15 min from our hotel and the Air Force Armament Museum is another 10 minutes. Its free and they have a bunch of badass planes/guns/bombs (B-17, B-52, All the F series fighter planes. Even a Mig 18). Another 10 minutes beyond that and there a course on Eglin AF Base. I'm not sure on the access but check the course page. Anything else is probably and hour or more and not worth the drive IMO...Including Blue Angel

And I looked at blue angel but Pensacola again, is 1.5+ hours away, that was just not time i was willing to give up on my vacation. However, there are 3 courses on site.

Last edited:
Hey chop. I second the Ferry Park idea. It's a nice little course. Blue Angels are great but as has been stated a long drive. When are you going to be down there. I'm going to be in Gulf Breeze July 5-11 and might play Ferry during that time. I had knee surgery and have not been playing but am just about healed.

Latest posts