• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dangerous Course

mopar

Par Member
This is one of the worst I have seen.

This was on the local Disc Golf NW facebook page where someone was advertising a tournament on a new course in WA.

Fairways crossing on a private course where you are the only one playing it is fine...this guy is advertising for a tournament and trying to get a weekly group going.

Someone asked about the location/layout. A course map was posted and I literally thought it was a joke map...it wasn't.

I'm concerned for people's safety.

This leads me to a whole other thought process about safety and course design standards and who should be designing courses and common sense...
Tournament info:
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/e...qMWeaSpCDMIbyWM_y2o3Z1rjs5Obxou50T7-I-pgCHIJI

Attachments

• uncle.jpg
    uncle.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Its a private course. Who cares?

The individual that owns this property is going to get a quick lesson in what disc golfers are willing to put up with when hardly anyone shows up to play. Even the most passionate course bagger is not going to put up with that nonsense more than once.

This is one of the worst I have seen.

This was on the local Disc Golf NW facebook page where someone was advertising a tournament on a new course in WA.

Fairways crossing on a private course where you are the only one playing it is fine...this guy is advertising for a tournament and trying to get a weekly group going.

Someone asked about the location/layout. A course map was posted and I literally thought it was a joke map...it wasn't.

I'm concerned for people's safety.

This leads me to a whole other thought process about safety and course design standards and who should be designing courses and common sense...
Tournament info:
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/e...qMWeaSpCDMIbyWM_y2o3Z1rjs5Obxou50T7-I-pgCHIJI

Maybe he loved the old XFL and thought he would try it with disc golf. I bet his tee pads are trampolines and part of the strategy is to bean the other players! :D:D

Make the discs more like weapons. Razors, spikes on the edge. Oh, and the crocodile pit in the middle with a rope swing...

Who are we kidding, they probably already have this in Japan!

Definite advantage to carrying fewer discs, so you can sprint through the middle and are more agile when dodging discs. Though some might choose the shield-equipped Zuca carts.

As long as Debbie Downering, Intoxication seem to be greatest hazard in general with disc golf.

Armor? Maybe a hockey helmet with visor and a neck guard. Not gonna get much more than a bruise below the neck. Noting I have had 2 lacerations to my skull from errant discs. One sitting on picnic table and drunk buddy showing off. Other one I drunkingly stumbled in front of a tee pad taking a drive at 2 feet away. Same buddy, both absurd.

also noting I carrying a disc in my hand to block/swat with I spot in questionable spots.

If you start typing "Uncle Ando's" into google, it auto-completes with "Uncle Ando's Wurld of Weed"

Makes sense now.

Not going to click through to their website from work, but it appears the Centralia location would be most likely by looking at the satellite view on Google maps.

Strange, the aerial photo of Uncle Ando's Wurld of Weed, shows a barren field, with a few razed buildings down to the foundations. The street view is from 2012, and has plenty of mature trees.

Attachments

• Uncle Ando's.JPG
    Uncle Ando's.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 95
Full-contact disc golf...I like it! It'll be more credible than the NFL!!

These guys have been spamming our NWDG group relentlessly with their ads. Apparently they're having live music and parlor games thrown in, too. It sounds like it could be pretty fun, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be getting too high on their supply if you know what I mean.

As long as Debbie Downering, Intoxication seem to be greatest hazard in general with disc golf.

Armor? Maybe a hockey helmet with visor and a neck guard. Not gonna get much more than a bruise below the neck. Noting I have had 2 lacerations to my skull from errant discs. One sitting on picnic table and drunk buddy showing off. Other one I drunkingly stumbled in front of a tee pad taking a drive at 2 feet away. Same buddy, both absurd.

also noting I carrying a disc in my hand to block/swat with I spot in questionable spots.

Maybe this should be the tie breaker. They can line up and throw discs at each other from 2 feet away.

The ability to alter a competitor's round through in-air disc collisions should not be undervalued. Have a bone to pick with another local? Have someone on your card who is out of the running and can be bought? Really offers a whole new dynamic to the game play and gamesmanship aspects of our sport.

Now actually hitting an in-flight disc with another disc thrown from not that close a distance? Pretty hard to do, I'd wager.

How long are those? I mean if it's in a places back yard they're probably jump-putts for someone who's just a little better than me.