• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Date/Time discussion for National Event

jrawk

* Ace Member *
A lot of us are eager for some dates. So while we figure out if and where we will hold this, let's begin narrowing down the calander. Here are questions to start us off:

1. Spring, Summer, or Fall?
  2. Surrounding/nearing a holiday?
  3. Nearing other (non-DGCR) disc golf events?
  4. How many days?
  5. Starting mid week and ending on a weekend?
  6. Or starting on a weekend and ending midweek?

-- Lets get some good discussions going and figure out a date range. We are not trying to determing exactly when, but we need to have an idea so we can start planning.

-- Play devils advocate if you see an opportunity to do so, but do not say, "I can't make it July 10th." Instead say, "July 10th would be a date to avoide because NASCAR is racing at Michigan that weekend and the campgrounds will be full."

-- Keep in mind, if we try to find a date everyone can make, this thing will likely never happen.

ok so we can rule out:

May 7-9 (Mother's Day)
May 28-31 (Memorial Day)
June 18-20 (fathers day)
July 2-4 (Independence day)​

i would say late june to early july would be best. i would start maybe a friday and end on a sunday. that limits the amount of time people have to take off work.

Current Course Schedules

Some dates to work around/with:

Flip City already scheduled events
MAY 30 FLIP CLASSIC C-TIER

JUNE 12 FLIP CITY FISH LIGHT OPEN

JULY ? MEMORI-ALE XII

JULY 31 ROYAL CROWN MEMORIAL TOURNEY

AUG 7 OLD AUGUST MOON CLASSIC

AUG 14-15 FARM CLASSIC B-TIER​

I'm looking for other course's calanders but having a hard time.
Help would be appreciated :)

I'd say summer.. maybe early June before it gets too hot?
    Schedule-wise that would be nice since a lot of people wouldn't have to take a day off. I usually take my trips on those weekends. If the meet is at a private or out of the way course then crowds are a non-issue.
    I vote not.. why compete with them?
  4. How many days?
    Weekend.. Get there friday, head home sunday unless it's a holiday weekend in which case, head home Monday :)
    Attendance will be poor for this scenario.
    This

Playing devils advocate for discussion purposes. my comments are in red.
    I'd say summer.. maybe early June before it gets too hot?
    Only downside i see to early June is a lot of schools are still in session. But if done on a weekend, shouldn't be a problem.
    Schedule-wise that would be nice since a lot of people wouldn't have to take a day off. I usually take my trips on those weekends. If the meet is at a private or out of the way course then crowds are a non-issue.
    Solid point. Some will have other non-disc-golf plans those days, however.
    I vote not.. why compete with them?
    What if there's a pdga event the following weekend. Maybe some will stick around to play? It may or may not draw a higher turnout.
  4. How many days?
    Weekend.. Get there friday, head home sunday unless it's a holiday weekend in which case, head home Monday :)
    So 1 day and 2 nights for 'events'. And any that want to come earlier or stay longer can. Can't argue with that.
    Attendance will be poor for this scenario.
    This