• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] DD Help!

That looks pretty good to me. My only suggestions are dependent on what you consider US.

I haven't thrown the normal Truth much, but I don't know that I would call it US. I use a Warrant in that slot, and the Evidence is another great disc that I believe is in between the Warrant and the Truth stability-wise. Likewise, you might consider Breakout instead of Thief.

I was thinking of using the Truth like i would my Buzzz. it's got a similar rating and i tend to throw that kinda like a flex but haven't thought much about the warrant or evidence. ill have to look into those. Ill also look at the breakout. i was thinking the thief might be similar to a river/TL/leopard but i'm not fully sure about it yet

That looks pretty good.

You could throw a Freedom instead of the Renegade in the understable driver spot. Depends on what you're looking for. the Freedom is much wider rimmed and more stable, but its a pretty nice tail wind driver.

i currently throw a Wraith for my FH cause i don't throw that strong FH yet so i need something not as stable as say a Destroyer and b/c I'm Left-handed, i tend to throw a lot of Anhyzer BH so i know i need something US and figured it would be easier to do that with the Renegade. Thoughts?

So I've always been interested in Dynamic Discs and have recently thought about creating a whole DD bag, but I'm not really familiar with the plastic types per say. can anyone help me out? I mainly throw Innova now so if you know the similarities to that, it would be helpful. i'm guessing Prime is more DX type, maybe pro? seems like Lucid is Champ? and Fuzion is Star? if that's the case, what's biofuzion? TIA

also, if anyone has switched to DD from Discmania or Innova, can you tell me similarities b/tw discs and what they might fly like? i know just cause something has a certain flight rating, it doesn't always throw that way

So I'm not positive if you are trying to go full DD or full Trilogy. But I threw I nova and discmania and switched to a trilogy bag.

Here is what I transitioned to:

Aviar/D-Line P2 -> Classic Blend Marshal
XT Nova -> Fuzion or Lucid Warden
S-Line P2 -> Recycled Mercy

Champion Mako3 -> Opto Claymore
P-Line MD3/McPro Roc3 -> Lucid eMac Truth
C-Line MD3/Champion Roc3 -> lucid Verdict

2nd Run FD/Champion Teebird -> Opto Saint Pro
C-Line PD/Champion Thunderbird -> Opto Culverin
Champion Firebird -> Lucid Felon

First Run C-Line PD2/Star Destroyer -> Gold Line Cutlass
C-Line DDx -> Gold Line Havoc

For other popular DD molds, the convict is like an eagle, enforcer is like a seasoned PD2, Defender is like a fresh PD2 with higher glide. Trespass is like a wraith, wardens are like classic aviars, Sheriff is like a dominator, escapes are like seasoned s-line cd2s, justice is like a more stable gator, warrant is like a stingray.

Last edited:
Looks good to me, especially if for understable on the Truth you mean you want to use it like a Buzzz. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of those (aside from the Renegade which I have no experience with). My experience with the Thief was almost Valk-like. Very long driver for the speed but slow enough you can power it down to control it. I've only thrown it in Bio though, and it was like a River with a bit more speed and a bit more glide, and a bit more trustworthy. It went too far for me in that speed range actually so I traded it...funny problem to have.

i currently throw a Wraith for my FH cause i don't throw that strong FH yet so i need something not as stable as say a Destroyer and b/c I'm Left-handed, i tend to throw a lot of Anhyzer BH so i know i need something US and figured it would be easier to do that with the Renegade. Thoughts?

The Trespass is actually the same rim width as the Wraith, and is probably still the closest thing in DDs lineup.

The Renegade will give you better differentiation in your drivers, so I'd stick with your current plan. Even if it doesnt fill the spot you thought it would it might be really useful for lines you cant get to with your other molds.

The Trespass is actually the same rim width as the Wraith, and is probably still the closest thing in DDs lineup.

The Renegade will give you better differentiation in your drivers, so I'd stick with your current plan. Even if it doesnt fill the spot you thought it would it might be really useful for lines you cant get to with your other molds.

thats very good info on the Trespass. Everyone says its like a beat in Destroyer. would you say anything is similar to a standard destroyer? maybe a Defender? or the new Sheriff?

The renegade reminds me of a beast.

i don't throw the beast. i tried and it never clicked. i did at one point throw the archon and the katana and currently use the Tern as my long distance S-curve shot. would this work for either of those spots or fly similar to them? i just know that i threw too hard for the beast and it only turned over everytime but that could've been cause i didn't know what i was doing back then, but it just left a nasty taste in my mouth ever since if that makes sense

If you were using a archon and katana, then I would recommend picking up the new sheriff. I think that will be exactly what you are looking for. And the lat 64 cutlass will be like a beefy destroyer.

thats very good info on the Trespass. Everyone says its like a beat in Destroyer. would you say anything is similar to a standard destroyer? maybe a Defender? or the new Sheriff?

Destroyers are really all over the place, so "standard" Destroyer is pretty subjective imo.. Trespass will range from distance Destroyer to beast Destroyer, which is a pretty usable stability range for distance drives until your distance is over 400'.

The Enforcer ranges from moderately OS Destroyer to srsly OS Destroyer. Biofusion Enforcers are pretty useable and long for as OS as they are. Both the moonshine Enforcers I've had are total meat hookers.

Defender is supposed to be in between the Trespass and Enforcer, but I havent thrown them. Someone else might be able to give you more guidance on Defenders, but that may be closer to what you're looking for.

I agree with World Eater. Trespass is anywhere from my beat star Destroyer to a Gstar Destroyer (meaning either S flight max distance that doesn't fade much, or mild turn and mild/moderate fade straight consistent driver), in the 400'ish range. Bio Defender is like a good useable overstable Destroyer that will hold lines for a while. Lucid Defender is like an overstable Destroyer...I have only thrown a fresh one and don't know how they beat in to handle OS roles for their whole life (Bio will turn if you have big power or big winds). For my arm I could get away with a couple Trespasses, a Bio Defender, and Lucid Defender. A bigger arm would likely want a Trespass, couple Defenders, and an Enforcer or two. Lucid Enforcer is far too much for me, I can control a Firebird or Felon better.

Edit: TLDR for me if I want long/useable Destroyer then it's Trespass, if I want useable overstable Destroyer it's Bio Defender.

Last edited:
Quote from ringer: " The Truth is a GREAT Roc clone, "

The mace is the roc clone. The truth is really a hybrid of a buzz and roc.

Looks like the anchor is going to be good roc clone too leaning more towards the os spectrum.

would anyone say that the new Sheriff would fly like a biofuzion Defender? my thinking is that since the Sheriff is a little US or good for an S shot, i know from this thread that biofuzion flies more US than Lucid or Fuzion

also, if i decided to do an all Trilogy bag instead of just DD and i was planning on getting 10 to start with (3 discs in Long range drivers, Fairways, and Mids and 1 putter) that could cover most shots, what would you guys suggest and why?

also, if i decided to do an all Trilogy bag instead of just DD and i was planning on getting 10 to start with (3 discs in Long range drivers, Fairways, and Mids and 1 putter) that could cover most shots, what would you guys suggest and why?

Wow, you're going to get a lot of answers for that. You also should examine the Marshall Street Flight Guide to see what's there from Trilogy.

Just speaking from my own experiences:
Drivers - Destiny (stable to US), Cutlass (stable to OS), Scythe (OS)
Fairways - Fury (understable, a favorite of mine), Saint (stable), Culverin (more OS). Side note: the Felon is DD's near-equivalent of the Firebird. Also, the River as a stable-to-understable disc in the TL speed range is very good, and the Spark is OS in the Teebird speed range.
Mids - Gotta be honest: i never took well to Trilogy mids. That is not an attack upon them, but I just prefer Innova and Discraft mids. Having said that, the Compass and the Core are good discs.

Putters - the Warden is my putting putter. The Marshal will be a great throwing putter whenever they bring it out in a more durable plastic...

Wow, you're going to get a lot of answers for that. You also should examine the Marshall Street Flight Guide to see what's there from Trilogy.

Just speaking from my own experiences:
Drivers - Destiny (stable to US), Cutlass (stable to OS), Scythe (OS)
Fairways - Fury (understable, a favorite of mine), Saint (stable), Culverin (more OS). Side note: the Felon is DD's near-equivalent of the Firebird. Also, the River as a stable-to-understable disc in the TL speed range is very good, and the Spark is OS in the Teebird speed range.
Mids - Gotta be honest: i never took well to Trilogy mids. That is not an attack upon them, but I just prefer Innova and Discraft mids. Having said that, the Compass and the Core are good discs.

Putters - the Warden is my putting putter. The Marshal will be a great throwing putter whenever they bring it out in a more durable plastic...

i figured i might get a lot of different answers, but was going to see if there were a few regulars that everyone has, like Innova and the Destroyer/Firebird/Teebird/Roc combo that everyone basically uses. What you wrote was the right lineup type I was looking for, an straight/US slot, main driver, and OS for each spot

Harp - OS driving putter
Pure - Neutral driving putter

River or Seer - leopard
Stag - Eagle-x

Sorcerer - Champ Tern
Giant - nice OS to mildly OS Destroyers
Scythe - nice shallow OS forehand driver
Destiny - Katana maybe? Easy to flip up without full power but strong fade at the tail. Actually if I had to recommend an US forehand driver it would be this over the freedom or renegade.

does anyone have any info on the knight or the sword? i'm looking for something as like a max distance Tailwind Driver that i would be using as a replacement for my Tern. doesn't have to be an actual Tern replacement, but somewhere in that range or like a DDx potentially

Latest posts