• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Deflector

I will probably buy when they are released, but I really hope the OS Axiom they talked about in the video is similar to a Verdict, then I can convert my entire bag.

I don't really need Justice levels of beef but it's nice to know that if I ever lose my domey Vector I can get a Deflector and replace it although I'll probably have to beat the hell out of it to fly like a Vector, or get a really light one.

Yea, even Discraft had to cave and start using the numbers as well. I agree with Aim about dealers. Watching KW's vids, he always has to look at his phone to see what the flight info is anyway. I'm sure he'll love the change. It was just one of those things that set MVP apart, and now they joined the sea of sameness. Such is disc golf (business), I guess.

Yes. At a retail standpoint the numbers are awesome. I'm constantly showing the numerous posters and charts, or looking up the arbitrary numbers that inbounds gives them. Numbers make both the dealers' job and customers' choice much easier. The numbers are just a great way to get a general idea of flight, and get a general comparison between two discs, with the obvious caveat that everyone throws different. No matter what any disc says, I still try and figure out how my customer throws before I suggest something.

20180622_103944_HDR.jpg

I don't really need Justice levels of beef but it's nice to know that if I ever lose my domey Vector I can get a Deflector and replace it although I'll probably have to beat the hell out of it to fly like a Vector, or get a really light one.

Same here. Took a pair from the order out to test... One sliiiiightly raised flight plate 172? Vs a puddle topped 178g. Rest were all pretty "normal" but both of these flew OS and landed near eachother multiple times so shouldn't really matter for daaa beeeef. Seems like these could go thru hell and back b4 seasoning much.

It is like a faster less glidey vector or what many probably wanted/expected the tensor to be. Pretty spot on to the 5|3.5|0|4 Not stupid OS as it will fly when mashed on due to speed or given a little anny but was always fading little after half the way into flight. Hell even trying to oat FH stuff it was still flexing out. Skips great for a mid and reminded me a lot of a easier to range resistor. No doubt it is a midrange in the hand when it comes to feel.

The neutron is tacky feeling and OM run is solid. Nailed a few trees hard with no issues... And yes the box moo's when opened.

Well domey vectors could be retired for OS stuff. They are great OS mids for doing work but hate the flatter versions and FH with the huge bead sucks.

Defector is like a nice domey max wt vector in LSS finish but starts earlier and will skip more etc(faster w/no bead). With my ions doing so much work from mid distances the vector got a little lost in the mix specially once wind picked up or for FH while with this new mold no worries. I don't love throwing stupid OS mids so don't get me twisted but this does the same work yet will fly. It is oddly satisfying to throw vs a lot of other similar LSS molds across the different speeds even.

Last edited:
Felt one up at a shop today. Flat and low profile, pretty sexy actually.

Took a Deflector Coil out for a test round today. I think it's going to bump both my Drone and my Justice out of the bag. For my noodle arm, I put the Drone at a turn/fade of -1/+4. Justice at +1/+4. For me, it seemed to be directly in between both of them which makes me agree with the 0/4 numbers. A tiny hair of anny release and it's like my flat thrown Drone. A tiny hair of hyzer release and it like my flat thrown Justice. Thrown flat it powered out straight with the big fade. Forehand flex is fun with this disc for sure! I love the disc.

How firm?

To be honest, I gave it back pretty quick cuz I have lotsa Zones and I didn't want to be tempted. I'd say fairly firm like almost all neutron I have. I only have one Proxy that isn't as firm as my other neutron discs.

Latest posts