• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Deflector

overmold…

He came across a batch of Relays that the OM was more like a pencil eraser. I am guessing that now he checks that first thing when opening new boxes...

They weren't more like... They literally erased pencil and could get indented with finger nail but those were old matte finshed/axiom too. Any of the new stuff since high speeders seems better.

That **** had me heated. These deflectors dont care about tree hits or oat or wind or or or

Took a Deflector Coil out for a test round today. I think it's going to bump both my Drone and my Justice out of the bag. For my noodle arm, I put the Drone at a turn/fade of -1/+4. Justice at +1/+4. For me, it seemed to be directly in between both of them which makes me agree with the 0/4 numbers. A tiny hair of anny release and it's like my flat thrown Drone. A tiny hair of hyzer release and it like my flat thrown Justice. Thrown flat it powered out straight with the big fade. Forehand flex is fun with this disc for sure! I love the disc.

You are such a GYRO pusher. :p oddly satisfying OS disc to throw. I have thrown more FH vs any mid in years with this being it feels nice in the hand and is slower vs drivers so easier control in the woods vs trying to anny something hard right that is faster or needs height.

Vector was never too FH friendly and I have never loved dumpy OS mids but this seems to have that true OS gyro fade where initial angle holds but then designed flight kicks in like many MVP molds and agree on the 0/4 fa shizzle.

Last edited:
You are such a GYRO pusher. :p

Heck yea! Michigan gotta support a great Michigan company! For 5 years my bag stayed 90% the same. For the last 2 years my bag has turned to 75% Gyro. Soon to be 95% now that I have my Drone and Justice replacement, and the Clash/Crave combo is going to boot out my 11X Eagle X's and L's. I'm sad to drop the Eagles but I hate throwing $30 discs lol. I still can't quite get anything to work to replace my Trident. Working on the Resistor but it's not as OS as I would like it to be.

Who has Deflector's on-line? Couldn't find any at infinite or marshall street. :(

Yep like PMantle said, Friday is launch day. Everyone will have them then!

Not much below 173 gm, but I have an orange coil stamp 172 gm. Maybe some exist that are lighter.
All the rest of mine are 174 - 180 gm.

Got this one at 172. It's a unique feeling disc. Kinda blurs the line between fairway and mid. Flies as advertised. Very similar flight to my Resistor at the same weight with midrange control. Definitely giving it some playing time to see if it fits in my lineup.

Attachments

• DSC_2013.jpg
    DSC_2013.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_2014.jpg
    DSC_2014.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 52
I got my 174 g Deflector on Thursday so have only had a limited number of throws. Mine seems to fly between my Harp and my Justice. It really feels nice for a flick with the thinner rim so I'm swapping out my Harp for the Deflector for now.

Harp Justice Deflector.JPG

A few rounds in with mine now. For me, this disc's highest and best use is on our par 4s. Ours(4s) tend to be wide open holes with the baskets tucked into a small grouping of trees. Straight at the basket is usually a no-go. I am not great at high hyzers. With this disc, I can rip it flat and hard, and the end of the flight is the perfect larger hook around the side of the trees under the basket.

I was a Hornet thrower and now have gone on to the Drone. Not in love with the Drone yet so is this disc at all comparable? The OS Mid slot in my bag just compliments my Buzzz's.

I was a Hornet thrower and now have gone on to the Drone. Not in love with the Drone yet so is this disc at all comparable? The OS Mid slot in my bag just compliments my Buzzz's.

Comparable to what?

It is a hair slower vs a drone and a lot like a hornet but more of a striaght edge wing design vs a curved concave bottom wing.

I assume you don't like the drone b/c it is faster and more OS (less glide too) vs a hornet? And I have never really liked the feel of the drone (or stalker but tossed both for a while b/c they worked) but deflector feels good in the hand both fh/bh and doubt you will find domey ones like many OS molds. Hornets are most deflector like when max wt as the lighter ones are more zbuzzz w/some fade. I would say the deflector is in the middle with less glide vs hornet w/ just the same no turn/solid fade flight of a drone but will fly when mashed on unlike many similar OS molds.

^Disagree a Drone is faster than a Hornet (yes I know Drone rim is .2 wider). Thanks for the Deflectors:thmbup:

^Disagree a Drone is faster than a Hornet (yes I know Drone rim is .2 wider). Thanks for the Deflectors:thmbup:

For sure splitting hairs. IMO the drone design (like stalker and some of those other odd DC drivers .. XS) just have that older school slower driver fast mid feel/flight.

Love you buddy.

I'm about to leave for vacation but might have to test the Deflector before hand...first time a disc has ever felt like it could replace my decade long Drone carry. We'll see.

It's interesting how over the years you can successfully interpret and hypothesize a discs flight from shape alone, finer nuances especially.

These sound fun, I'm going to have to order some to try out. Might be the first new mid in the bag in some time.

I had a lot of lucky throws and some great putting. This disc carved up the tight fairways like a champ. The deflector is a great addition to the MVP midrange lineup. It was well worth the wait.

Latest posts