• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Deflector

thePiRaTE

Eagle Member
Was having a look at the PDGA approved discs and noted the MVP Deflector approved Feb 26.

MVP Disc Sports Deflector 178.5 21.5 2.0 1.3 18.3 1.6

1.6 is a rim width not produced yet by MVP. This would put the wing 1mm smaller than the Relay and 2mm wider than the Matrix for comparison of nearest neighbors in the MVP stable and equal to mostly speed 6's elsewhere (Leopard, Stalker, Gazelle, for example). The max weight of 178.5 is fairly ambiguous as well, but other driver molds (the Stalker) share a similar dimension and max weight.

I hadn't read anything about this disc yet nor seen a mention in a thread on a search here - any more news or testers out there yet?

Most likely a speed 5 or speed 6 OS disc. Most over on MVP Fan FB page feel it is going to be a speed 5 mid that is essentially an OS Matrix.

We talked about it briefly in the main MVP thread when it first popped up on the approved list but since MVP doesn't really give out any info before official announcements we really don't know what it is. There has been rumors of an OS mid in the works though...

Sometimes their naming convention gives clues as to the intent of their discs (Resistor, Limit, Shock, etc).

Dictionary definition of Deflector:

a device that deflects something, in particular.
a plate or other attachment for deflecting a flow of air.

I'd side with the implication of a wind fighter based on the evidence. Not gonna lie - I'd like a gyro Justice.

16mm is the Relay class. But this is wider diameter and heavier. Could be the old PDGA measuring again. Time will tell.

Any ideas on a release time frame? Id be interested in an OS matrix, but itd have to be pretty darn OS. I bag a max weight proton matrix in my OS mid slot. I love that disc, but its already pretty stable.

Any ideas on a release time frame?.

Nope. PDGA approvals do not really mean anything in regards to when a mold is released to the masses in full production.

MVP generally has monthly annouments around 1st week on new molds, products or options for xyz lines..

Might find out... tomorrow?

If thats the case i doubt its the extra OS mid thats been rumored. Would they throw a OS meathook into the circuit pack?

I doubt that it will be a meathook. We can't be for sure without seeing the profile, but from those numbers, I am guessing a slightly more overstable Kaxe.

While OS, that is still fine for the Circuit.

I doubt that it will be a meathook. We can't be for sure without seeing the profile, but from those numbers, I am guessing a slightly more overstable Kaxe.

While OS, that is still fine for the Circuit.

Im unfamiliar with the kaxe. I heard the rumors of an os matrix. The matrix being an already os mold, an os version would have to be pretty beefy.

All we can do is guess and hope though lol

My Vectors and Tensors are more stable than the 2 Matrix I have. I hope it's a full grown cow meat hook, but I don't think they're going there yet.

My Vectors and Tensors are more stable than the 2 Matrix I have. I hope it's a full grown cow meat hook, but I don't think they're going there yet.

But perhaps the name "Deflector" is more of a clue than just the dimensions?

My Vectors and Tensors are more stable than the 2 Matrix I have.
I agree, although I only have 1 Matrix.

Im unfamiliar with the kaxe. I heard the rumors of an os matrix. The matrix being an already os mold, an os version would have to be pretty beefy.

All we can do is guess and hope though lol

The Kaxe is a tweener.
Bookend it between a Roc and a Teebird, if both the Roc and Teebird are one of the overstable variations.
I have heard others compare it to a gazelle, but I have never thrown a gazelle to know.

Have they ever debuted a disc in Plasma? Because the Circuit site says the Mid and Driver will be in plasma. The Space race and MVP v Axiom have a mid in Neutron though...

Have they ever debuted a disc in Plasma? Because the Circuit site says the Mid and Driver will be in plasma. The Space race and MVP v Axiom have a mid in Neutron though...

Not to my knowledge, but they have debuted a plasma version as a curcuit disc.

...but heres hoping this is a first. :)

Latest posts