• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Deflector

Love the speculation and anticipation, so here's stirring it up with my $0.02
The Stats on the PDGA spreadsheet list the Deflector having:
Rim Width 1.6
Rim Depth/Diameter Ratio = 6.0 (The other MVP Mids have 6.0 ratio except Matrix with 6.5)

Selecting other discs that have 1.5-1.7 Rim Width and Ratios of 6.0-6.5 we have some interesting overstable comparisons:
Discraft Drone
Dynamic Discs Justice
Innova-Champion Discs Griffin
Innova-Champion Discs Viper
Innova-Champion Discs Whippet
Kastaplast Kaxe
Kastaplast Kaxe Z
Westside Golf Discs Bard (Laulaja1)
Westside Golf Discs Pine (Hornan Honka1)

One more thing:
The nose or profile is very close in sharpness to the Justice, slightly sharper than the Drone and the Bard, but not as sharp as the Kaxe... way less blunt than the Viper.

One more thing:
The nose or profile is very close in sharpness to the Justice, slightly sharper than the Drone and the Bard, but not as sharp as the Kaxe... way less blunt than the Viper.

Where in the specs do you see that?

...but if that is correct, and the shoulder height is equidistance, with the rest of the numbers, that gives more credance to my theory of a Kaxe OS.

Last edited:
I researched the PDGA attribute Rim Configuration. That number is a proxy for sharpness where 26 (the minimum allowed) is the sharpest discs. The Rim Config for the Deflector is 40. Viper is like 29. The Justice is 39.5. The Kaxe is like 38.

The Deflector might be a little domey like a Vector?
Ion = Height 19mm/Rim Depth 16mm kinda flat
Vector = Height 21mm/Rim Depth 13mm (8mm diff) a bit domey, at least the one I own is
Deflector = Height 20mm/Rim Depth 13mm (7mm diff) a bit domey

for comparison (Eric McCabe loves domey and consider the EMAC to be more stable)
Truth = Height 17mm/Rim Depth 12mm (5mm diff)
EMAC Truth = Height 18mm/Rim Depth 12mm (6mm diff) domier

Last edited:
My experience was my domey Matrix was more HSS than my flat top Matrix. I miss that disc and haven't been able to replace it. All my other domey discs are more HSS compared to their flatter equivalents. On the other hand, I only play once a week and therefore I'm really a novice.

Vectors are weird like that. Domey = more HSS Flat = less HSS.

The 2 matrix I have are flat and not that HSS

My experience was my domey Matrix was more HSS than my flat top Matrix. I miss that disc and haven't been able to replace it. All my other domey discs are more HSS compared to their flatter equivalents. On the other hand, I only play once a week and therefore I'm really a novice.

Where does one find a matrix thats anything less than board flat? Ive never seen one that even resembles a dome.

Some circuit matrix molds are domey. I have two blue sparkle ones that have dome. I'd also say I find both the dome and flat to have the same flight.

Deflector being released 6/29. Stock stamps will all be new now with flight ratings stamped on the plate. Not sure I like the new change in the stock stamp. I realize the need to market to people that don't throw MVP, but I am not really in favor of it. Looks like I will be wiping that stamp. Can't wait for the disc though. Nice and OS it looks like.

attachment.php

The Deflector is here to combat headwinds and produce powerful overstable flights in all conditions. Deflector answers the call of many fans looking for a slower speed disc with powerful overstability. On an anhyzer release the Deflector will fight out of its turn and flatten out to fade. On a hyzer line the disc will follow a smooth fade with a pronounced stable finish.

The Deflector is currently the only MVP disc in the 14.5mm Midrange Driver class.

Attachments

• home18-deflector-se.jpg
    home18-deflector-se.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Latest posts