• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Deleted UDisc reviews?

Thanks

I've been waiting to read this review.

I appreciate the shoutout and attention, JuanA. In just a few days, that review has earned the most thumbs of the 100 I've written, which included FIVE unique voters. :)

Keep up the good work with your reviews ... the Silver TR status is in your near future!

Compared to other Greater Knoxville courses

I have to say that I had no desire to play this course, but now I want to see if it is as bad as the review. :)

I'd say it's definitely a far cry from the quality of Admiral Farragut. It has some similar openness as a few of the holes as Plumb Creek and Pellissippi State do, but it falls short of the best holes at those courses. It might be a 1.5 for some, but I'm a touch more critical and demanding...

P.S. In this holiday season, give me a thumbs up if the review was helpful. :)

I'd say it's definitely a far cry from the quality of Admiral Farragut. It has some similar openness as a few of the holes as Plumb Creek and Pellissippi State do, but it falls short of the best holes at those courses. It might be a 1.5 for some, but I'm a touch more critical and demanding...

P.S. In this holiday season, give me a thumbs up if the review was helpful. :)

Honestly, it kind of sounds like the kind of courses I like. Give me some elevation and room to let me see my disc fly and I'm happy. With that said, I doubt it will be worth the drive/donation, which is why I'm yet to play it.

Did you play Yearwood in Oak Ridge?

Last edited:
I did. I've played Carl Yearwood Park (Secret City DGC) twice. I like it, as I do prefer technical courses. That quirky and fun course squeezes a lot of variety into a small area. Super cool Hole #9 basket.

I did. I've played Carl Yearwood Park (Secret City DGC) twice. I like it, as I do prefer technical courses. That quirky and fun course squeezes a lot of variety into a small area. Super cool Hole #9 basket.

That is by far my most hated course that I've ever played.:D

If you dislike Secret City DGC, then the American Legion course in Maryville just might be your cup of tea. That said, I'd love to read your review on Secret City. Maybe I need to write one also. Granted, the teepads are bad, the signage is worse and it can definitely rival a pinball game for bounces but there's something quirky that I liked about it.

If you dislike Secret City DGC, then the American Legion course in Maryville just might be your cup of tea. That said, I'd love to read your review on Secret City. Maybe I need to write one also. Granted, the teepads are bad, the signage is worse and it can definitely rival a pinball game for bounces but there's something quirky that I liked about it.

I probably need to play it again a few times before I can give it a fair review. I've also added some forehand rollers and flex shots and skip shots to my game that I didn't really have the last time I played it. So that might help.

I also probably need to play it during a drought. It was an absolute mudhole every time I've been. And I hate muddy conditions.

I forgot to post that they apparently got tired of mowing around the baskets at American Legion and raged pulled them without telling anyone about a month ago. I never got to play it.

I've also played Secret City a few times this year. I still think it is awful, but it is so different than the courses that I typically play that I don't entirely hate it.

Ah yes, I forgot about this thread, but I have been keeping up with the American Legion course drama via Facebook.

As I interpreted it, the American Legion pulled up the wooded teepad frames that were intended for pouring concrete but had remained empty for at least 4-5 months.

Then the course designers pulled the baskets and went on a rant on their Facebook page blasting the American Legion, though it appeared the course designers hadn't held up their end of the bargain in a timely manner. And when someone from the American Legion responded on Facebook, the course designers deleted his comments and have continued to criticize them in subsequent posts.

Yet in a several-month span, the course designers weren't able to get the teepads poured, have signs made or have a promised donation box installed. They're already guilty of deleting UDisc reviews they disagreed with. Draw your own conclusions.

Sorry autocrosscrx, that you didn't get to play it at least once, though.

And for some good news, the course designers have indicated on Facebook that they believe the they have a better location for their baskets in the Maryville area. Hopefully, that will yield a better course. :)

Ah yes, I forgot about this thread, but I have been keeping up with the American Legion course drama via Facebook.

As I interpreted it, the American Legion pulled up the wooded teepad frames that were intended for pouring concrete but had remained empty for at least 4-5 months.

Then the course designers pulled the baskets and went on a rant on their Facebook page blasting the American Legion, though it appeared the course designers hadn't held up their end of the bargain in a timely manner. And when someone from the American Legion responded on Facebook, the course designers deleted his comments and have continued to criticize them in subsequent posts.

Yet in a several-month span, the course designers weren't able to get the teepads poured, have signs made or have a promised donation box installed. They're already guilty of deleting UDisc reviews they disagreed with. Draw your own conclusions.

Sorry autocrosscrx, that you didn't get to play it at least once, though.

And for some good news, the course designers have indicated on Facebook that they believe the they have a better location for their baskets in the Maryville area. Hopefully, that will yield a better course. :)

Kind of sounds like the area disc golf would be better off if the course designers stopped trying to put in courses. Half filled promises, thin skin and burning bridges are not hallmarks of a productive citizen, of any disc golf community....let alone a leaders of one. :\

without reading this full thread or knowing all the facts, I tend to agree with ru4por

I dunno.

I always had gotten a weird vibe with the American Legion relationship. I think they liked the idea of getting some publicity and getting some money out of it, but I don't think they understood everything that came with having an open to the public disc golf course. People are going to show up at all hours of the day and people are going to make some errant throws.

....I don't read Udisc reviews or give any credence to Udisc ratings whatsoever. No offence to Udisc, it's a good app and I do use it for the map feature. But for a course bagger, it lacks compared to the DGCR app. Just my opinion.

Agreed. Fellow bagger here. Thanks for eliminating my need to post.

A league I sometimes participate in uses udisc for live scoring. Their ratings and a majority of their reviews are complete nonsense. There's no way I would ever decide to throw a specific course based off anything listed on Udisc. Everyone tells me how much they like UDisc and it makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

A league I sometimes participate in uses udisc for live scoring. Their ratings and a majority of their reviews are complete nonsense. There's no way I would ever decide to throw a specific course based off anything listed on Udisc. Everyone tells me how much they like UDisc and it makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I don't get UDisc, but all the kids seem to love it and love their stats. More and more I'm realising at 41 I'm a grumpy old dinosaur.

I had a strop off rant about it a couple of weeks ago where a really good friend I've been playing with for 13 years has suddenly got on the habit and feels the need to record every single round we play "But I want to see how many times we've played together on the the played with rounds stat" I'm right here, your playing with me now, won't that do!!!

I just want to effing play and count in my head over/under on the threes like we've managed perfectly well with for years, stop recording my da^ned scores, grrrr, argh, get off my land.

I've just about given up trying to get people to leave reviews on DGCR, UDisc has become the only used app here now and it is very easy to report a review on that and it disappears for ever without any oversight unless it's subsequently challenged, in general terms once there are enough reviews it tends to equal out but a 4 star course on UDisc is probably a 2.5 star course on DGCR, 4.5 is closer to 3.5 and a 4.7/8 is around a 4.5 DGCR kind of course.

I'll just be the almost sole arbiter of review writing in the UK and if I'm way off base you'll all just have to lump it, or it would be great if a few more of you could make the trip over and play and review some!

I had a strop off rant about it a couple of weeks ago where a really good friend I've been playing with for 13 years has suddenly got on the habit and feels the need to record every single round we play "But I want to see how many times we've played together on the the played with rounds stat" I'm right here, your playing with me now, won't that do!!!

I just want to effing play and count in my head over/under on the threes like we've managed perfectly well with for years, stop recording my da^ned scores, grrrr, argh, get off my land.

I've just about given up trying to get people to leave reviews on DGCR, UDisc has become the only used app here now and it is very easy to report a review on that and it disappears for ever without any oversight unless it's subsequently challenged, in general terms once there are enough reviews it tends to equal out but a 4 star course on UDisc is probably a 2.5 star course on DGCR, 4.5 is closer to 3.5 and a 4.7/8 is around a 4.5 DGCR kind of course.

I'll just be the almost sole arbiter of review writing in the UK and if I'm way off base you'll all just have to lump it, or it would be great if a few more of you could make the trip over and play and review some!

I admire your rant, you grumpy old dinosaur... Being 20+ years more fossilized than you, I think part of it is the general need to record everything in life these days, like posting pictures of your breakfast, and uploading the results of your latest guided meditation session (Hey! Give me likes!!!)

But as a bagger of 75+ new courses a year, I find uDisc to be extremely helpful with on-course navigation. While the hole distances aren't always accurate, having an overall map on my phone helps me get from basket-to-tee the first time I play many courses (insert rant about the need for simple damn arrows on baskets and greensides here...)