• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

Quick little mod job at work and water is no problem. Next up. Disc gator/umbrella storage. Once I fiqure out what kind of clips, I will mount a removable pvc pipe to slide it in and out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 287
Quick little mod job at work and water is no problem. Next up. Disc gator/umbrella storage. Once I fiqure out what kind of clips, I will mount a removable pvc pipe to slide it in and out

Where did you get the bottle holders from? I'm looking at potentially buying this cart, but not loving how it doesn't have bottle holders. The drink storage would work for most rounds, but in the heat or during a tourney I think I'd want to add something like you did.

I have a buddy with this exact set up (same location, same fastening, same looney bin bottle cages). He's been running it at least two years without a hiccup.

Where did you get the bottle holders from? I'm looking at potentially buying this cart, but not loving how it doesn't have bottle holders. The drink storage would work for most rounds, but in the heat or during a tourney I think I'd want to add something like you did.

http://www.amazon.com/Arundel-Looney-Cage-Black-Size/dp/B00JMLULB6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464290654&sr=8-3&keywords=adjustable+water+bottle+cage

I had to add about 4 washers on the back to clear the lip and used #10-32 screws to mount.

I went a little higher then some people with it so the tops come above the seat. It test with no real problems. Only thing I don't like is they are plastic but I wanted to have the ability to change sizes. A 16oz mt. dew is a little loose when tightened all the way and a large water bottle no problem.

So I used my delta cart for one round last weekend. (second round was going to be rain) I kept kicking my waterbottles. Wondering how high does everyone have the handle set? Just a ball park. I would think around the arm pit height?

I've been on the fence between the Zuca and the Delta for a couple of weeks. I actually ordered the Zuca because the Delta won't fit in the trunk of my 350Z. And then I called and canceled the Zuca when I realized that adding saddle bags ($65) and a rain fly ($25) was putting it close to the cost of the Delta - which has more non-disc storage space (no saddle bags needed) and comes with a rain fly. The Delta looks (to me) to be extremely well engineered. It will be a PITA with the cart not fitting into the Z trunk, but I figured with an appropriately-sized plastic container to sit the cart in, I could just sit it in the front passenger seat (with the pole off, obviously). Truth is most of my driving to the DG course is solo, meeting friends at the course, rather than having them ride with.

Interesting point regarding the seat height, that helped me make the decision: the Zuca is taller, but the Delta at 18" is pretty much the height of a standard (US) dining room chair. That's a reasonable height, IMO - and a bonus for the wider seat for my XXL arse, too!

Pictures hopefully incoming in about 10 days, when the Blue Machine gets here!

Just FYI for those who are considering the DIY pouch: ripping those seams is a PITA, at least for someone with no previous experience. Having said that, I plan to persevere - and then do a comparison between the DIY pouch and the new pouch form Zuca.

I am STOKED - my Delta cart will be here Wednesday! With the rear-mounted water bottle holders, I want a place to mount a cage that handle a 32oz HydroFlask (might eventually kick it up to 40?), but I don't want to compromise the cart's ability to be rolled up stairs. I bought the Looney Bin adjustable water bottle cage. If you had a chance to do it again, would you go with the center-mounted option, or maybe mount the box-screwed cage higher on the cart (where the cage or cages is mounted on either side of the pole)? I can't see too much disadvantage to having the bottle stick up higher than the seat - it seems less cumbersome than having the water bottle mess with the wheel clearance when being pulled up stairs.

Thoughts?

Mine are mounted up high. I haven't seen any problem and I've gone over some tall stuff no problem. As for stability. Don't think it changes the center of balance all that much.

Thanks for the feedback! Hellbound: have you had any more issues with kicking the cages? Did you just drill the sheet metal and mount it flush with a bolt from the inside?

I got my cage from Velo Orange (from an online bike shop), was about $27 and then I got 2 post mounts for 1", but that's farther up the pole. Fits the 3.5" diameter bottles.
At the base the pole is about 1 1/8" diameter, but there's only about 1/8" between the pole and the box

Balances great, never kick it, no problem with stairs, easily in reach while walking.

Dumb Question: Anyone know where you can buy just the towel ring for the handle of the cart. I would use para cord but I didn't get my merit badge in para cord art yet.

Dumb Question: Anyone know where you can buy just the towel ring for the handle of the cart. I would use para cord but I didn't get my merit badge in para cord art yet.

I'll sell you a $9 towel ring. Comes with free towel!

I was going to pick up a linchpin (after Badger45 told me what it was called :eek:) at Home Depot/Lowe's before trying the "already have paracord so let's try free first" route.

The paracord badge is pretty easy to obtain by the way.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! Hellbound: have you had any more issues with kicking the cages? Did you just drill the sheet metal and mount it flush with a bolt from the inside?

I don't have any more issues with kicking the cages after I made the handle a little taller. What I ended up doing to clear the lip was adding 3-4 washers between the cage and the bottle holder. Mounting it lower like everyone else its not an issue but higher up you will need an extra 1/8 to 1/4 inch to clear the lip. I used a couple of smaller screws and cut off the excess on the inside of the storage pockets. I think they were 10-24 screws I used. (work in a machine shop so I had just about any size I can think of)

I will try to get close up pictures a little later.

Latest posts