• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

Considering the Ridge Roller is considerably cheaper with similar specs, I am really surprised that Delta is still offering add-on items while raising the price. I do love my 10, but I would love to upgrade the storage, particularly to get the ice-capable cooler. There's no way I'm dropping that kind of coin to do it though.

I was happy to buy mine when I did because:

I was too lazy to build one
I was happy to buy locally
I was happy to buy from a guy who designed it himself and is building his own small business
He did the 'pour water over the seat cover' dog and pony show which was cool. doesn't soak up a drop of water.
I got to customize the colors and the thing is just silent bouncing around
I could get it repaired locally with real delta parts if anything really bad happened ("just pop a few rivets and we'll replace any panel needed")

I really shouldn't be that hard on them for not accommodating my liquid bottle of choice (32oz grape powerade) but a cart should carry everything, without compromise. That's why it's a cart.

Just like Grip bags were this crazy high expense, lots of people got them. Then after 2-3 years we have these sub-$100 bags that are very similar in design. The Delta cost more because the parts are custom designed he has them made probably in small batches relatively speaking.

My cart idea seems too obvious to me and if I had some capital I could make a bunch of them, but you'll just have to wait and see the results...

Count me in on this project :hfive:

You can certainly build a cart for alot less, but it will also be alot less cart.
Zero chance you will build a cart on the same level for lower cost.

But that might not matter to you.
If I wanted a cheap cobble job cart I would have bought a Zuca.

My cart idea seems too obvious to me and if I had some capital I could make a bunch of them, but you'll just have to wait and see the results...

Well that's cryptic. I'll be waiting to see this... There's certainly a lot of design options to be explored. I would like (and expect) to see some more designs and companies jump into the cart market.

In the spirit of DIY carts - I've seen a couple gotta go carts converted to be "delta-esque." That is, instead of putting a bag in the cart, they built walls around the box. Seemed to work okay. Plus it has the backrest. My issue with the those carts though was that I'm tall and the preset height of the handle is too low, causing it to bash my heels as I walk while pulling it behind me.

You can certainly build a cart for alot less, but it will also be alot less cart.
Zero chance you will build a cart on the same level for lower cost.

But that might not matter to you.
If I wanted a cheap cobble job cart I would have bought a Zuca.

My brother in law is a welder and has a nice set up at home, so I can definitely build a better cart than either company for a lot less.

New pictures of the cart are up. They blue-balled us so hard. "Hey we're coming out with a new cart! Psych! Old cart, new color, new name, and we're charging more!" I though they would at least adjust the putter pocket to hold 2 instead of 1.

So it's a different color finish and the drop in cooler is waterproof? If I WANTED to buy a new cooler it might fit my 10?

I'd call this the Delta 10.0.1

I used to be heavily involved in the cycling community and have a number of friends who are still actively involved. I was telling them about Disc Golf carts and the increase in bag prices each year. It's interesting when you get an outsider perspective, to them paying $430 for a cart that would be used weekly is a good deal - they upgrade and buy new bikes each year for a lot more. They cited "your hobby is cheap compared to most". Found this interesting, not that it will change my opinion, but I will say as a Disc Golf community we have been fortunate with prices remaining relatively cheap for most products.

I used to be heavily involved in the cycling community and have a number of friends who are still actively involved. I was telling them about Disc Golf carts and the increase in bag prices each year. It's interesting when you get an outsider perspective, to them paying $430 for a cart that would be used weekly is a good deal - they upgrade and buy new bikes each year for a lot more. They cited "your hobby is cheap compared to most". Found this interesting, not that it will change my opinion, but I will say as a Disc Golf community we have been fortunate with prices remaining relatively cheap for most products.

Not a lit of dirty hippies in competitive cycling, I'd wager.

From what I can tell in one of the new pics they changed the inner setup, like they said in the description, from a cell phone pocket to the mesh pocket on the flap. So instead of being able to leave the zipper open a little and getting your cell out fairly easy like before you now have to just toss it in the main storage compartment and feel around for it every time you need to use it. Yea you could buy one of the clips to put on the handle that offers little to no protection and none if it rains but that doesn't seem like the best alternative. I didn't get a chance to own a 10 and I know you can customize these things a lot but it's starting to baffle me a bit how they can seemingly ignore any suggestions from the last one and make 2 mostly pointless changes and charge more money. The wraps are nice and all but I'm pretty sure almost everyone who's either bought a 10 or have been interested in these carts for awhile would put those last on a list of things they would have liked to see changed for the 11. Hate to say it but it's pushing me to the Zuca more and more each day. I debated for awhile waiting for this to come out on spending that much money for something I dont know I'll fully like and won't be able to use all the time depending on the course I play. Told myself what I'd like to see changed or added and things I'd like to at the very least stay as they were. So far they are failing pretty bad.

I use the pocket on the seat for my phone because the mesh pocket in the box was too small for my LG G4 in a small case. Unless you have small phones, that mesh pocket is tits on a bull.

It's like the Delta 10 updated it's firmware.... as well as the price.

Good to know, Phil. I'm not planning on testing any further, but it sounds like I made the right choice. I think "true" is a good word. As much as I thought the bounce was a good thing, the cart just rolls so much better with the solid tubes. I've even been back to Goshen (Osage Grove) where I got my punctures and loved not having to worry about getting another one.

Hey Tbird, I was reading through this forum and saw Goshen in your post. Is this Goshen, IN you are referring to? Small town? Just curious because I have a client there and visit semi-regularly and was unaware of any nearby disc golf. Thanks

Hey Tbird, I was reading through this forum and saw Goshen in your post. Is this Goshen, IN you are referring to? Small town? Just curious because I have a client there and visit semi-regularly and was unaware of any nearby disc golf. Thanks

Apologies for the confusion, Lazer.

The course I was referring to was Osage Grove in Goshen, OH on the NE side of Greater Cincinnati. Philman is a local like I am, and I've always heard the course referred to as "Goshen" around here.

So the Delta Cart 11 costs $30 more than the old one, despite no real improvement in design? What gives?