• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dependable anhyzer driver?

There are actually two ways to throw an anhyzer shot, and depending on which one you do, you choose that disc.

I'll bold the best ones for new players

For turnover anhyzers in higher end plastic (star/champ)(flippy, release flat or hyzer):
Innova Leopard
Innova Stingray (slow speed)
Innova Beast
Innova Monarch
Innova Sidewinder
Innova Roadrunner
Discraft Xpress
Discraft AvengerSS
Discraft XL
Discraft Cyclone (slow speed)
Latitude64 Vision

Then you can throw an anhyzer that has an anhyzer release. Using a more stable to slightly understable disc this can be a slightly easier to control anhyzer. Generally it's best to just get a low end plastic disc of your choice and beat it in. As they beat, you can throw them on about any line, but being base plastic they can eventually turn into your turnover anhyzer disc.

Good choices would be:
dx or pro Innova teebird
dx Innova gazelle (I think dx is the only one currently made, but there are other plastics out there for the gazelle)
dx Innova Eagle (these, like the valk, have more fade at the end and will tend to want to come back at the very end)
Elite X Discraft Avenger (a little faster)
base line Gateway Sabre

Dude, you can never go wrong with a Roadrunner right out the the box...or an ESP Avenger SS

This fellow speaks the truth. The Roadrunner is excellent...throw it flat for an anny, or hyzerflip it for a dead straight shot.

The Avenger SS is also great, and maybe even easier to throw. ESP is fantastico.

I have a max weight ESP meteor that flips to flat when thrown at a hyzer and will slowly track off to the right for the rest of it's flight. I'm sure that the left to right movement would increase if the disc were lighter.

beats are my disc of choice for anhyzer. i put a little hyzer on it and watch it flip up flat and just glide and glide and glide to the right. my 171 dx i can put on a huge hyzer and it will anny a lil and fade back at the very end of the flight

I used to go for Monarchs, Visions, and Beat Valkyries.

Nowadays I always reach for my 161 Star Vulcan. This disc is a turnover machine.

Go to a store and hold a Roadrunner and a Sidewinder. Whichever one feels better in your hand is probably the one you want. I would recommend the RR because it is a bit less stable, but they have a goofy convex wing, and some people don't like the way it feels.

My vote is Avenger SS hands down imo. Thrown flat it goes right and does not come back. If your an innova guy, sidewinder is the same disc basically. If you want slower speed leopard meteor,comet,stingray, buzzz SS come to mind.

I use a champ beast for a long anny, a beat to hell champ teebird for a shorter anny, and a goldline fuse for a short anny.

I sometimes substitue the beast for a pro or beat champ wraith but they are pretty close to the same shot for me.

I see a lot of good turnover discs mentioned but OP says anhyzer driver, I don't consider them the same thing.

For turnovers, I need an understable disc.
For anhyzers, I want a fairly stable disc with minimal fade so it will hold the line instead of turning into a roller or flexing out at the end.

Pro leopards are good hard tuning anhyzer discs if you can find one. I recently got rid of mine and have been trying to break in a Champion Leopard to it's sweet spot. Really beat TeeBirds are good also.

xpress is a really good understable driver. also recommend a sidewinder for a bit faster one, avenger ss and then vulcan if you're looking for higher speeds.

Latest posts