• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Des Moines - First Class Challenge

gdl17921

Are you ready for the Challenge? The best 4 course tournament is back, with our title sponsor, First Class Credit Union back on board to sweeten that pot!

If you're heading out to Brent Hambrick, make Des Moines your Memorial Day stop! We have some big things happening in Des Moines this year.

- huge purse
- Iowa's first Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Saturday's player's party
- $500 skins match final sponsored by Wal-Mart(make sure you get your raffle ticket for your chance at the loot!)
- great player's packs for amateurs

Online registration is open, and here is the tournament website that might answer some of your questions.

Just a quick update on the host hotel information. We will not be using Holiday Inn this year and the website will be updated soon. Instead we will be using:

EconoLodge Inn & Suites
4755 Merle Hay Road
Des Moines, IA 50322
Phone: 515-278-8858

Starting 5/5, if you call and reserve with them for that weekend mentioning Des Moines Disc Golf Club / First Class Challenge the discounted room rate will be $59.99 + tax for two beds or $49.99 + tax for a one bed. This is more than $10.00 off of their normal room rates. EconoLodge is centrally located for the courses in the tournament and has numerous food and beverage options right there on the same road. Felix & Oscars (players party sponsor), Daytona's, Derry's Lounge, McDonalds, and many more up and down Merle Hay Road to choose from. It is right off the interstate for easy access and easy navigation to one of the five great courses involved with this years event.

Call your friends and make plans. Take advantage of this rate and open the doors for even better deals in the future.

man ive always wanted to play this or the DMO. with gas the way it si i dont think ill be able to afford many long DG trips this year :.(

yeah for sure! You won't be disappointed. :thmbup:

Smyith, I know Chad Nelson is coming from that direction. Hook up and car pool! We'd love to have ya!

Drove out from CO last year for this tourney and have to say it was amazing!
Absolutely sicko courses, large payout, and hitting an ace final round helped.
Get to Iowa if you can.

I'm hoping to get up and play this one as well. Need to redeem myself after a rough weekend in StL a few weeks ago. Plus, I've always wanted to go play some DSM courses, and this will give me an excuse finally :thmbup:

get registered Victor! I started playing disc golf when I lived in Columbia, but that was waaaaay back in 1999. George and I used to play pool all the time at Willie's and Columbia billiards back in the day....

Don't miss it!

I started playing disc golf in 1993 & since then I've lived in Kansas, Maryland, Indiana and Iowa. I've enjoyed playing many fine courses, but nothing has matched the four-course combo of Big Creek, Walnut Ridge, Ewing & Pickard. If you're thinking about this tournament, GET OFF THE FENCE & GET REGISTERED!

just signed up this morning. really looking forward to playing these courses finally. a lot of people from around here that played the Worlds up there (2004 I think? well before I started playing) said the courses are amazing.

Holy F that was a lot of steps to register. Anyway, I'm in - pumped, looking forward to seeing these courses - Pickard is the only one I've played before, that was right at the beginning of my DG addiction, so i'm excited to see that one again.

Anybody looking for a partner for Doubles by the Lake - Friday afternoon? I'm down to play pro or am.

just signed up this morning. really looking forward to playing these courses finally. a lot of people from around here that played the Worlds up there (2004 I think? well before I started playing) said the courses are amazing.

uploaded a bunch today. I assume you're Brandon. You're in, and you won't be disappointed.

Online registration ends tomorrow! We will be taking registrations Friday the 27th from noon to 8ish Friday at sign-in, so if you have a friend that's on the fence and is feeling spunky before you leave, kidnap them and bring 'em along!

uploaded a bunch today. I assume you're Brandon. You're in, and you won't be disappointed.

Online registration ends tomorrow! We will be taking registrations Friday the 27th from noon to 8ish Friday at sign-in, so if you have a friend that's on the fence and is feeling spunky before you leave, kidnap them and bring 'em along!

Yep that would be me. I'm hoping to get off work a little early so I can maybe play a few holes on Friday at the registration site.

We have some great news! LSDiscs will be on board to help merch the event this year, along with Glide, and of course our hometown hero, Proflight Discs! Having a few different vendors from different states helped us achieve our goal of wanting to provide everybody with the opportunity to get something that they want. There will be more than enough to choose from for the amateurs that cash in their divisions.

LSDiscs is also donating some of their merchandise that we'll give away at the player's party Saturday evening at Felix n Oscar's. Make sure you make it out for those giveaways, and much more, including a Chainstar basket! We'll have the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and some great times at Felix n Oscar's this year. Make sure you come out, these guys donated $1,000 to the tournament this year! Let's show them some return on their investment!

Also, when you check in, don't forget to grab some raffle tickets for your chance to play in the $500 skins final sponsored by Wal-Mart! If you want to see what it feels like on the big stage, this is your chance!

I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself!

128771794056.jpg

I've been looking at the courses online...

Will ADV be playing all long pins and positions at the courses?

Judging from last years scores I think the answer is yes...

Martin, give us an outsider's report! I had a hand in these courses -- so proud of them. But I can take the honest opinions -- I'm probably their harshest critic!

Latest posts