• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Des Reading Firebird

Bump. I am curious as well. I have a KC champ that is super beefy, just how I want my FB. Looking to get a couple of backups. Debating between these, Brinster's, or Avery star.

Bump. I am curious as well. I have a KC champ that is super beefy, just how I want my FB. Looking to get a couple of backups. Debating between these, Brinster's, or Avery star.

Brinster Teebird and Avery Teebird's are certainly overstable, but they are not Firebird overstable. Go with the Firebird!

If you want back-ups, look for more of what you have or the glow champs!

Got mine today. They are jolly launcher, and flat. Got a sweet Orange with Red and yellow streaks and a pearly rim. Post pics tonight.

Curious to know how these throw as well. I have a Star Firebird that is completely flat and has been run through the ringer.I could use a new one. :D

I'm really happy with the Brinster Teebirds I bought last time around. Innova impressed me so I picked up a couple new Firebirds to add to the fairway arsenal; really looking foward to tossing these!

Are they the hard jolly launcher like the brinster teebirds or the softer kind like terns or roc3's?

What I would return it if it wasn't I mean it says flat and delicious in the description for god sakes!

Hey new did you see it in person was it the brinster jolly launcher or roc and tern jolly launcher

they're not quite pancakes, at least the pair i got. not super red, either. would consider them more on the 'harder' jolly launcher side

i'm too sleepy right now. need some coffee and sunlight. ha. i'll put some up here in a couple hours for the rest of the morning (super late night) crowd.

Cool thanks digital! I really wanted to grab a couple but want to see the dome first.

West Sound disc golf association has some really nice
Board flat, CFR glow Firebirds from the series championships for $15.oo
I picked up four of them for prizes for my glow series at Shelton springs.
I could probably get you some, if you are interested.

Man you guys got a glow series down in shelton I might have to come check that out I love glow!
Just played glow at riverside sumner tonight!

Man you guys got a glow series down in shelton I might have to come check that out I love glow!
Just played glow at riverside sumner tonight!

Kevin knew about it.
This year its 1st Fri. Of the month @ 6pm, Nov. - March.
Random dubs.- I am going to make it a series --
your score carries with you each round
best total score of 4. Rounds, wins
Come.on out.

What do you dislike about Jolly Launcher? It's the best plastic Innova has come out in a long time IMO. Even McBeth says that the Brinster (Jolly Launcher) Teebirds are like the old 11x KC Teebirds, which are sought after by many people. The ability to get a disc that is very close to a KC Teebird for a fraction of the price is amazing in my eyes.

I don't like my jolly launcher Brinster teebirds as much as 11x KCP because they are domey. I've owned 5 KC Pro teebirds and none had near the dome of the Brinster TBs. Also, every KC Pro TB that I've ever finger banged was a softer gripper plastic than the Brinsters. The Brinsters are nicely OS so I agree with that comparison.

I'd bet the world champion has access to all the best discs before we get what's left. He may in fact have requested flat and grippy and I've sure Innova was happy to find him a match. As for the rest of us, these Brinster Teebirds are NOT like the 11x KC Pros that I know. It wouldn't surprise me if Paul even said these were like 11x even if they didn't have the same feel but flew in a similar way. Every company I've ever worked for I had to believe that they had a great product, its just good business, don't be naïve.

To anyone who has these in hand - do the Des Reading Firebirds have a slight plus rim like the Brinster Teebirds?

sorry for the delay. took the pictures this morning but didn't have the time to put them up. they'll be here in a few.

Latest posts