• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Designer Insider

Mash.......

not everybody takes your approach when writing reviews and not everybody has your experience in the game. Skill level doesn't really mean jack, if somebody has done their homework on design in general, learning the "craft" should translate to better reviews. Opinions will obviously vary and I do understand what this site is trying to do, but there is always room for improvement. Thats more or less what I am getting at.

4 years ago....before I really got interested in design. I was a decent player, but had little to no understanding about course design. I thought I knew enough, but over the last 4 years my opinions have changed on things I thought I was sure about. Educating players/designers (which of course will take time) is what should and is going on more and more. Hopefully over time this translates to parks/landowners/(players who think they know everything), to seek out the proper knowledge, or experienced designer to help them with a course.

Call me idealistic, but thats just how I see it.

4 years ago....before I really got interested in design. I was a decent player, but had little to no understanding about course design. I thought I knew enough, but over the last 4 years my opinions have changed on things I thought I was sure about. Educating players/designers (which of course will take time) is what should and is going on more and more.

Cool thoughts....and discussion-worthy. I'm gonna start a thread about this.

Mr Berry. I personally applaud you for creating frustrating holes. For creating holes that a person can't execute. No thats incorrect. A hole that a person has never SEEN executed or done themselves! Tight fairways are easy to make. But whenever I see a person park winters hole C, i nod in amazement. Tailings hole 13 is another rare park job. Any golfer, regardless of skill or experience will remember (or block from memory) how badly those hole demoralized them. And any golfer would definitely remember the day they dominated a hole like that. As I try my hardest to hook people on the game its never me that does it. Its holes that people like Mr Berry design that reels new golfers into the game and elevates them to the next level.

Latest posts