• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Destination tournaments

For me, the first one that popped into my head when I read the title (before I got to the part about hotels and meals and such), Ozark Moutain Open (or whatever they call it these days, if they still hold tourneys out there...) is definitely high on my list of destination tournaments. I haven't played it, but I will before it's too late.. Because the 3 courses are F-ing incredible, and I can only imagine the crowd that will gather to play those courses and camp out for a weekend. It's one of those places where the hotels are too far away and everyone must camp.

Wildcat bluff open is right up there too of destination tourneys that I must play someday for many of the reasons above. Camping on site, great scene, killer course, glow rounds and bonfires are right up my alley.

For me, the first one that popped into my head when I read the title (before I got to the part about hotels and meals and such), Ozark Moutain Open (or whatever they call it these days, if they still hold tourneys out there...) is definitely high on my list of destination tournaments. I haven't played it, but I will before it's too late.. Because the 3 courses are F-ing incredible,
Even though I don't play sanctioned tournaments, and haven't been to Vichy, this was the first place to pop in my mind as well. Three high quality, temporary courses that are only maintained for tournaments...that's a destination for me.

Last edited:
Sandy Point Resort and Disc Golf Ranch host the Midwest Team Tourney every Memorial Day Weekend and the Northwoods Open every Labor Day weekend. They did allow camping one year, but that was a one time thing I believe.

Sandy Point Resort and Disc Golf Ranch host the Midwest Team Tourney every Memorial Day Weekend and the Northwoods Open every Labor Day weekend. They did allow camping one year, but that was a one time thing I believe.

Except this year... decided to go the week after memorial day weekend for some reason :(