• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to throw OS MVP drivers but the US seem to fly decent for me. I'm content with my Destroyers but I feel like I'm not getting max D with them. The Trespass is almost exactly what I'm looking for as is the Punisher but I need to try more in order to truly see if they will be the exact flight I'm looking for though I've heard good things about the Scorpius but never handled or thrown one.

Shryke and Trespass don't feel much shallower to me, where I'd say a Tern does.

Agree. I'm a Tern thrower, and didn't adjust well to the Shryke's deeper (than the Tern) rim (my fault, not the disc's).

P.S. Congrats on post 2000 in the thread. :clap:

For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to throw OS MVP drivers but the US seem to fly decent for me. I'm content with my Destroyers but I feel like I'm not getting max D with them. The Trespass is almost exactly what I'm looking for as is the Punisher but I need to try more in order to truly see if they will be the exact flight I'm looking for though I've heard good things about the Scorpius but never handled or thrown one.

What kind of Destroyers are you throwing 350? Star? Is that more of a straight to fade line? I would say grab a GStar or Pro Destroyer and season it a bit and you'll start getting a lot closer to a max D kind of disc. Star Destroyers take a looooong time to break into max D bombers. GStars and Pros tend to start out less overstable and season more quickly.

The 2.1 and newer 1.7 runs of Sirius Scorpius I've tried were also on the more overstable side. The first runs were slightly more mellow if you can track one of those down. The Q Scorpius also tends to be a bit less overstable. Even a Q Scorpius or first run Sirius isn't probably going to be a max D kind of disc without a lot of seasoning though.

Wooh that would have felt better if I knew it was happening, could have put in something like this for everyone's favourite hard to backup but too good to actually replace disc:

rogue_one_aesthetics____by_aggeiw-d9ytkjo.jpg

Wooh that would have felt better if I knew it was happening, could have put in something like this for everyone's favourite hard to backup but too good to actually replace disc:

rogue_one_aesthetics____by_aggeiw-d9ytkjo.jpg

Yep, my conspiracy theory is that they named the plastic "Star" so they'd have the "Star Destroyer". ;) (tongue firmly in cheek)

Hahaha

Problem with the shryke I've seen is they beat in mega flippy. It starts beat destroyer, hard to get the same lines as a destroyer after a relatively short while. You'd be better off getting lower weight destroyers. Not to mention I prefer to have that stability to "knock" off instead of having it start in the spot I want it. I tend to shy away from discs that have a nice beat in style flight out of the box... after a couple months I have to replace it, and so on and so on.

However the shryke could be a great replacement short term while another destroyer is worn in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Champion Destoryers more to the Flat side, because it seems all the Star Destroyers with different players names on them fly differently, Paul Macbeth ones are not that beefy and the Big Jeremy ones are very domed as much as I have seen on the Destoyer as the Avery Jenkins Star ones are not as beefy as a Big Jeremy model but more then the Paul Macbeth Star ones and then the Pro ones also have the Paul Macbeth and then the others. The Champion plastic is better for the High speed drivers anyhow as the ones in Star have the extra bit of plastic on them due to the molding process and thus I find it hard to grab a new Destroyer in Star when the very edge of the disc comes to almost a paint more so then the less speed discs anything under speed 12 or almost speed 12, 11 discs. I do feel the Champion driver and Longer midrange discs hold their flight longer by a 2-3 years then Star. I can get one Destroyer, the lighter 167 gram one to do the flight path with the slight curve out and back to one side like Paul and others with strength have shown they can with some Destroyers. The other 170 gram Champion Destroyer I am not quite able to get the full flight from the disc but can do almost the same end point, just not quite as far.

All the best Destroyers I've thrown were old ones, made within a couple years of the mold being introduced. They were stable, but would turn if you really put some arm on them. Great glide too.

Destroyers nowadays have become more like XCalibers. VERY stable and almost impossible to get any high speed turn out of. They also don't glide as well as they used to.

Champion Destroyers are absolute beef. Never thrown one that had even a hint of high speed turn.

I like the Champion Destoryers more to the Flat side, because it seems all the Star Destroyers with different players names on them fly differently, Paul Macbeth ones are not that beefy and the Big Jeremy ones are very domed as much as I have seen on the Destoyer as the Avery Jenkins Star ones are not as beefy as a Big Jeremy model but more then the Paul Macbeth Star ones and then the Pro ones also have the Paul Macbeth and then the others. The Champion plastic is better for the High speed drivers anyhow as the ones in Star have the extra bit of plastic on them due to the molding process and thus I find it hard to grab a new Destroyer in Star when the very edge of the disc comes to almost a paint more so then the less speed discs anything under speed 12 or almost speed 12, 11 discs. I do feel the Champion driver and Longer midrange discs hold their flight longer by a 2-3 years then Star. I can get one Destroyer, the lighter 167 gram one to do the flight path with the slight curve out and back to one side like Paul and others with strength have shown they can with some Destroyers. The other 170 gram Champion Destroyer I am not quite able to get the full flight from the disc but can do almost the same end point, just not quite as far.

I am aware of Jeremy Koling Star Thunderbirds, but haven't seen a Koling Destroyer. Does Innova make these?

If you think that McBeth Destroyers are not beefy, then you have a much better arm than me. I have tried some in the low 170's. Beefy for me.

I am aware of Jeremy Koling Star Thunderbirds, but haven't seen a Koling Destroyer. Does Innova make these?

If you think that McBeth Destroyers are not beefy, then you have a much better arm than me. I have tried some in the low 170's. Beefy for me.

I don't think there is a Koling Destroyer, but maybe he meant the Brinster Destroyers current available from the Factory Store? I have no idea about the dome on those since I haven't handled one in person. Most of the rest of what he said doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Most of the 4x McBeth Destroyers are pretty beefy although I hear the latest embossed run is slightly less so. Certainly McBeth Destroyers are more overstable on average than Avery's, although the early S/DS Avery's were quite overstable so maybe he's referring to those. I also have no notion of the stuff he's saying about champion Destroyers vs Star. I think maybe he's referring to flashing around the edge of the disc on Star Destroyers? Certainly, there are examples of just about any Innova disc with some flashing around the edge, but I've not seen it with many Star Destroyers.

What kind of Destroyers are you throwing 350? Star? Is that more of a straight to fade line? I would say grab a GStar or Pro Destroyer and season it a bit and you'll start getting a lot closer to a max D kind of disc. Star Destroyers take a looooong time to break into max D bombers. GStars and Pros tend to start out less overstable and season more quickly.

The 2.1 and newer 1.7 runs of Sirius Scorpius I've tried were also on the more overstable side. The first runs were slightly more mellow if you can track one of those down. The Q Scorpius also tends to be a bit less overstable. Even a Q Scorpius or first run Sirius isn't probably going to be a max D kind of disc without a lot of seasoning though.

I have a pop top (7/10) 165 Pre Avery, a 175 GStar (7/10) that has some turn but is not as glidey as I would like, a 17? (6/10) flat Champ that is almost the same as the GStar, a 175 Pro (8.5/10) that hasn't reached the sweet spot, and pretty fresh backups for the GStar and Pro that were identical in PLH and Dome. I also have a Lucid Trespass and a Z Punisher that seem to fly how I want a Destroyer to fly but I prefer Star/ESP type plastic and I know Fuzion beats in too fast for me. I max out at about 400' but that requires a good pull for me so I'm probably closer to 350'-375' on average. I typically throw on straight to fade lines but would definitely appreciate some turn if I knew that I could trust my timing, but my timing is currently a mess.

[url="http://imgur.com/dIDPTcK]Anyone help tell me when this *DS is from?[/url]

It's from the North Texas Tournament Series. I've owned the disc for 3-4 years at least. So I'm assuming it's AJ 3-line era?

If someone knows a value, too? (I know there's a thread, but there are plenty of Destroyer nerds out there!). It's pretty dirty, but it's probably 7.5/10 with no ink, 170g. Thanks in advance!

Used three line

20-30 depending on color and condition

But I feel like discs without the AJ stamp from that time go for a little less.

Right, I'd assumed since it's not stamped with the AJ stamp. Is from the time, though. Thanks much!

Have been loving the pairing of a new star & pro destroyer in my bag this summer. Both are recent/stock runs.

167 embossed star (dayglow) started out freakishly OS; basically fading immediately out of my hand even on full power rips. Was used mainly for utility throws until it beat in enough to hold straight for ~200' before starting to fade. Still super reliable into headwinds and for downhill shots. Occasionally shows a small amount of turn, but always comes back to a strong fade. Have been learning FH/OH rollers with this disc as well.

169 pro started out as the perfect straight-to-fade disc. Has since worked in to have a decent amount of turn. Definitely the longest disc in my bag when I get a full S curve flight, but also does straight-to-fade placement distance shots on a slight hyzer flip.

After having all of my distance slots covered by Wraiths for over a year, the Destroyer seems to give me about 30' of easy distance on most throws. I find the Destroyers to be just as controllable.

Right, I'd assumed since it's not stamped with the AJ stamp. Is from the time, though. Thanks much!

It's weird but the guys buying on Facebook go more crazy for the AJ stamps than discs that are clearly from the same time period.

So how do people feel about the DDX as a suitable replacement for a semi worn Destroyer? I have one I bought on a whim and it seems like a good candidate. However, I found that it lacks the glide of a beat/semi-beat Destroyer and has a pretty shallow hand feel. Anyone else come to that conclusion?

Latest posts