• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Yes, the Echostar Wraiths that I have held were not quite as firm as I would like, but I only have experience (and not much at that) with what I expect are discs from a newer run (2015ish?).

The Echostar Wraiths that I have held seem to have more dome than that mold typically has in other plastics. The only Echostar Destroyer that I own is also domey, and has a good deal of turn, but always comes out of it with a healthy fade. I have wondered if domey Echostar Wraiths might behave that way also.

I have 4 echo stamp patent # wraiths, one is pretty flat and has been my favorite distance driver for a long time. Got it used and it probably flew about -1/2 for a long time but it's getting kinda flippy. The other 3 are max weight, slightly domey and pretty beefy.

been bagging my philo b's., swirl star. beautiful plastic. had to wate to get these in the bag cause the plastic was a bit too soft for late summer play as when these came out.

these are all light upper 160's the way philo and myself like them. softer star, grippy. perfect for when it is too warm for gstar and not warm enough for the hard star plastic.

they have been pairing well with my icon outlaws which are in a softer tacky plastic as well.

been bagging my philo b's., swirl star. beautiful plastic. had to wate to get these in the bag cause the plastic was a bit too soft for late summer play as when these came out.

these are all light upper 160's the way philo and myself like them. softer star, grippy. perfect for when it is too warm for gstar and not warm enough for the hard star plastic.

they have been pairing well with my icon outlaws which are in a softer tacky plastic as well.

I met a guy golfing last week and he suggested I borrow his Philo 168 Destroyer. I have to find one. I threw it three times and absolutely bombed it. Destroyers for me seem the most sensitive. I have a 163 new than turns over, so I got a 175 that is a ridiculous meat hook. The Philo 168 was the perfect combo for me. My longest non wind driver is usually a Star Wraith, but that day the Philo was quite abit further.

I met a guy golfing last week and he suggested I borrow his Philo 168 Destroyer. I have to find one. I threw it three times and absolutely bombed it. Destroyers for me seem the most sensitive. I have a 163 new than turns over, so I got a 175 that is a ridiculous meat hook. The Philo 168 was the perfect combo for me. My longest non wind driver is usually a Star Wraith, but that day the Philo was quite abit further.

Try a regular 167 or 168 star Destroyer. They're generally very throwable. You will get the occasional overstable pig, but most Destroyers aren't that way.

Try a regular 167 or 168 star Destroyer. They're generally very throwable. You will get the occasional overstable pig, but most Destroyers aren't that way.

I did with my 167 or 168 gram Champion Destroyer and it is not overstable, I need more 167 gram Champion Destroyers in the low dome with flat top like that and the 170 gram one I have.

So you're telling me I should buy the ones I saw online last night for $11.99 and wait for the inevitable 100%+ increase in value?
If you saw them, it was a site that hasn't taken it down yet. You will inevitably find "out of stock" when you try to add to your basket. Otherwise, pics or it didn't happen ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or are embossed Destroyers across the different plastic lines less stable than penned ones?

Recently picked up a new embossed G* and it's less stable by a bit more than my penned ones. Same with Star it seems.

all the embossed stars I've thrown have been less stable than the previous mcbeth run

all the embossed stars I've thrown have been less stable than the previous mcbeth run

I'm actually liking the embossed Destroyers. They're a slight bit less stable than some of the really beefy earlier McBeths. I haven't run into a really flippy one though. IMO the embossed Destroyers fly pretty true to the numbers.

The splatter Brinster Destroyer (embossed) is like 12, 5, 0, 4. Massive beef.

I've also found the current embossed run to fly very true to numbers. If you find a nice dome to one they fly pretty beefy in my opinion. I also like the stiffness and grip they have. I bag a domey beefy one and a slight dome straighter one. Love them.

I'm actually liking the embossed Destroyers. They're a slight bit less stable than some of the really beefy earlier McBeths. I haven't run into a really flippy one though. IMO the embossed Destroyers fly pretty true to the numbers.

The splatter Brinster Destroyer (embossed) is like 12, 5, 0, 4. Massive beef.

yeah i was surprised that people who pay top dollar for AJ destroyers (especially those who didn't really throw the previous AJ destroyers) save money and just throw current embossed destroyers.

it seems like a good alternative to just break in a current embossed destroyer you can buy for retail prices then drop $40-50 on an AJ destroyer. AJ destroyers, for the most part flew true to numbers too, were less durable and almost g-star like. people HAAAATED THEM at the time.

Its the weird cycle/mentality of destroyer buyers who seem to just not like whats current even though they clamor for whats in front of them for retail. When AJ Destroyers were current in 2014 people were complaining there weren't enough beefy destroyers from previous runs. Then the new McBeths came out (which were in fairness were BEEF and stiff and durable) they complained that AJ Destroyers were perfect :doh: and miss the old run. Now we have seemingly perfect to flight numbers current embossed destroyers people are paying out the nose for AJ Destroyers AND older beefy runs and outrageous prices for first run ★D (which honestly actually almost flew like terns) :p.

its comical.

don't get me started on echostar destroyers.....

Everyone still hates the beefy mcbeth destroyers.

I like the newer run but the plastic is a little soft and weird feeling

those beef non embossed mcbeth destroyers were just like those stiff patent # destroyers before the AJ destroyers though. People pay a ton for those patent # beefcakes when they can just find beefy non-mcbeths. :p

yeah i was surprised that people who pay top dollar for AJ destroyers (especially those who didn't really throw the previous AJ destroyers) save money and just throw current embossed destroyers.

it seems like a good alternative to just break in a current embossed destroyer you can buy for retail prices then drop $40-50 on an AJ destroyer. AJ destroyers, for the most part flew true to numbers too, were less durable and almost g-star like. people HAAAATED THEM at the time.

Its the weird cycle/mentality of destroyer buyers who seem to just not like whats current even though they clamor for whats in front of them for retail. When AJ Destroyers were current in 2014 people were complaining there weren't enough beefy destroyers from previous runs. Then the new McBeths came out (which were in fairness were BEEF and stiff and durable) they complained that AJ Destroyers were perfect :doh: and miss the old run. Now we have seemingly perfect to flight numbers current embossed destroyers people are paying out the nose for AJ Destroyers AND older beefy runs and outrageous prices for first run ★D (which honestly actually almost flew like terns) :p.

its comical.

don't get me started on echostar destroyers.....

I agree. Much Destroyer hysteria/neurosis out there. I've thrown pretty much every form of star Destroyer since the mold was introduced. I've never run into any really flippy. Some of the early McBeths were massively overstable though. There is some mold variance with Destroyers. The only real way anyone will know which Destroyer is for them is to actually throw the disc. You can't just generalize all the time and HOPE that a certain Destroyer will fly a certain way based on what run it is. Every batch will have freaks in it.

The embossed Destroyers are very worthy discs. I figure I've thrown about a half dozen of them. All flew decently and had good glide. I like the very slightly gummy and shiny star plastic on the embossed Destroyers too.

I'll admit, the first couple McBeth star Destroyers I threw kinda put me off the mold for a bit. They were SOOOOOO damn overstable and glideless. I was losing at least 50' compared to the proto star Destroyer in my bag. The discs weren't even REMOTELY similar.

I'm liking the embossed Destroyers a lot better. They have some high speed turn and seem to glide well. The plastic definitely is different. Shinier and slightly gummy.

what do you mean by embossed?

JkD0c7V.jpg

there is raised marking of the disc model.