• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Which destroyer is off the shelf most understable, not counting dx?

Whichever one has a flat/straight wing. Usually they mold up like that in GStar, and sometimes in Star. I'm sure they exist in Pro and Champion, but I haven't seen them personally.

Which destroyer is off the shelf most understable, not counting dx?

I agree that its G*. G* Destroyers have some high speed turn, and they hold it for a long time before gently fading.

G* Destroyers are generally longer and have more glide than regular star Destroyers.

I agree that its G*. G* Destroyers have some high speed turn, and they hold it for a long time before gently fading.

G* Destroyers are generally longer and have more glide than regular star Destroyers.

Find a flat top G*, it has all the glide and distance without having the turn. It's what I throw and look for. Currently holding onto a healthy stack of penned G* Flat Destroyers and they're amazing.

Find a flat top G*, it has all the glide and distance without having the turn. It's what I throw and look for. Currently holding onto a healthy stack of penned G* Flat Destroyers and they're amazing.

The few G* Destroyers I've seen have all been domey. They glide well and tend to have high speed turn. They almost fly like a slower Shryke.

Flat drivers in any plastic tend to be really beefy.

Newer Wysocki star Destroyers seem to be somewhat flippy too. Noticeably different flight than McBeth Destroyers.

I went through a stack of bottom stamped Destroyers. I managed to find two max weights with straight wings and mild dome. They were even a bit on the softer side. I bet they will bomb.

The few G* Destroyers I've seen have all been domey. They glide well and tend to have high speed turn. They almost fly like a slower Shryke.

Flat drivers in any plastic tend to be really beefy.

Newer Wysocki star Destroyers seem to be somewhat flippy too. Noticeably different flight than McBeth Destroyers.

Not my Champion dome to flat top lower dome 167 gram Destroyer, that is about average flight with the S shape flight to the disc. It is my 170 gram normal dome Champion that is beefy and that is due to the nose being sharper on the disc then the odd Distructulan top. I also know with high speed discs that are 12+ to not get over ~165 grams +/-- 2 g for a disc as the wight also helps make discs more beefy.

But as evidenced my almost flat top Star Valkyrie is a Viking flight compared to my low dome Champion. Well for one Star is more OS then Champion unless the Star disc is pop top dome and second The Star even if the disc was Champion would be more OS the the current glow Champion as the Star disc is nearly flat top.

Halo Destroyers

Found this destroyer at an academy sports the other day and thought it looked cool and then realized it's almost like a proto Halo destroyer 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_184731__01.jpg
    IMG_20200306_184731__01.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 45
For someone that is looking to purchase their first destroyer and doesnt want a beefy one what should you look for other then the flat/straight wing that g* has

For someone that is looking to purchase their first destroyer and doesnt want a beefy one what should you look for other then the flat/straight wing that g* has

Pro plastic, not Star or Champ.

To clarify, there are some runs of Star that aren't too OS. And I can't comment much on the Champ. But Pro is guaranteed to beat in more quickly, so any initial beef you may encounter will be short lived.

Last edited:
Anything specific I should look for on the Pro plastic ones?

Go for your typical weights and colors that you like.

Domey ones will flip more when they flip, and fade more when they fade. And are more likely to stall/hyzer out when they are nose up. Whereas flat ones are a LITTLE BIT more likely to fly straight, but you sacrifice some glide.

But...they're high speed drivers. Even the flatest will flip some, fade for sure, and they don't take kindly to a bad nose angle. So it's kind of a "pick your poison" situation.

I have 2 pro 169...one is pretty understable and cant he thrown into a wind no matter how much hyzer...but is great down wind...the other is more neutral but shorter..they look the same go figure..2 Ricky's 169 flattish wings...same thing blue one is noticeably understable under power orange one not so much...the pros are longer..the stars can handle some wind but will drift right noticeably..1mcbeth 169.....pretty flat..concave wing..was pretty overstable new...1 year later is a reliable straight flyer...probably best overall disc...point is..today's understable disc will get flippy...the beefy one will break in perfectly...the pros become rollers

Echo* 2019 Amateur Champs

Anyone familiar with this 2019 run of echo star destroyers with the amateur championships stamp? It's really flat just like the new echo dd3s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200315-065810.jpg
    Screenshot_20200315-065810.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 64
Has anyone thrown the 2020 Steve Brinster Tour Series Star Destroyers? Some of the ones I've picked up in past couple years have been so overstable I didn't have much of a use for them. Just wondering how they compare to past Brinster runs and the recent stock-stamped stuff. Thanks in advance for any info!

I've been looking for some back-ups for my super gummy and understable AJ Destroyers. Long turnovers/rollers. I found out that the Echo S-line DD3 is nearly identical in flight. Another option was the Pro Destroyer, but i have not thrown one in a while.

I've been looking for some back-ups for my super gummy and understable AJ Destroyers. Long turnovers/rollers. I found out that the Echo S-line DD3 is nearly identical in flight. Another option was the Pro Destroyer, but i have not thrown one in a while.

tip I bought a Pro Destoyer in the Summer from a NY State park that has the course stamp on it, they use the funds of the Stamped discs with a set of Pro tournament discs they get direct from Innova online to pay for some of the funds of the park that are more related to the Disc golf course. They disc was soft almost a G-Pro with a stiff rim and the place the disc were in was not hot so no softening that way, the thing is others have found disc like this in 2019. Not sure if they still have some discs mold up like this but judging how the run of production Star Ricky Wysocki Max weight were over the 175 gram limit at 176-177 grams yeah I get the feeling that the Pro Destroyer is still going to have the soft runs.

Only reason I got the disc was it is near the two relatives a cousin and uncle who got me into Disc Golf.