• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Any difference in flight in the color of Raptor Destroyers?
I have a few red ones and they're all shapes the same and fly the same. Any difference in color to dome and flight?

How's the stability of the Raptor, Sockibot, Ricky Signature and Luster. I currently have Luster and Raptors.

So, anyone here score a halo last night?

I got 2. I really had to convince myself to get them because the wraith and shryke don't seem to be any special. DGU always seems to be like 5 minutes behind so when I see the proshop post their message I just had to dgu right away and start refreshing.

And the $25 price tag. From the manufacturer. Woof. No thanks, and not with that ugly stamp. Few things from innova get me angered, but these do.

Each Destroyer is its own special snowflake. You have to check the rim, plh, and dome on each one.

I agree. I'm done making generalizations about Destroyers. Every time I think I know what's going on I end up trying some other Destroyer that blows up my assumptions.

The one thing I'll say is that having a flat (not concave) rim seems to make the disc less stable. I never saw any old run Destroyers with flat rims, but Wysockis seem to have it.

Okay, I feel like I am entering the Twilight in this discussion, but as far as I know neither Avery Jenkins Destroyers nor Paul McBeth Destroyers were bottom stamped ever, and dx Destroyers don't come bottom stamped either.
To me, by definition, an AJ Destroyer must have his signature on it. People can tell me if bottom stamped Destroyers ever had Avery's signature.

I can just hear Rod Serling speaking in my ears as I write this.

Last edited:
Okay, I feel like I am entering the Twilight in this discussion, but as far as I know neither Avery Jenkins Destroyers nor Paul McBeth Destroyers were bottom stamped ever, and dx Destroyers don't come bottom stamped either.
To me, by definition, an AJ Destroyer must have his signature on it. People can tell me if bottom stamped Destroyers ever had Avery's signature.

I can just hear Rod Serling speaking in my ears as I write this.

Bottom stamped Destroyers have existed for a long time, probably before AJs even started appearing.

I don't think bottom stamped Destroyers are any different than regular Destroyers other than the stamp.

I think Innova just bottom stamps certain Destroyers of whatever run they're doing.

Bottom stamped Destroyers have existed for a long time, probably before AJs even started appearing.

I don't think bottom stamped Destroyers are any different than regular Destroyers other than the stamp.

I think Innova just bottom stamps certain Destroyers of whatever run they're doing.

None of the bottom stamps have AJ or McBeth's name on them. Bottom stamp Wraiths don't have Climo's name on them either.

I'm not talking about the AJ signature destroyers, but the ones that have the "Avery Jenkins S/DS Star Destroyer" stamp. I saw one today that had that stamp on the top and the regular old pfn stock stamp on the bottom. I had never seen one with the other on a disc before and just wondered how common it was. I'll see if my friend can send me a pic to post.

I'm not talking about the AJ signature destroyers, but the ones that have the "Avery Jenkins S/DS Star Destroyer" stamp. I saw one today that had that stamp on the top and the regular old pfn stock stamp on the bottom. I had never seen one with the other on a disc before and just wondered how common it was. I'll see if my friend can send me a pic to post.

Not the most common, if I recall correctly they released these on discgolfvalues. This was at a time when SDS was oop and I dont remeber them flying off the shelves. This was also back when avery just got his name on the destroyer and they were not that popular because avery destroyers just didnt fly as well or mold up as good as pre avery destroyers. The disc is probably in the $30 range. The stamp really never held much value but the SDS mold for destroyers does.

Looks like the halo destroyers have a new bottom piece. Not sure if the Calvins did or didnt but you can def play a record on the bottom of the halo destroyers we got

Latest posts