• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Can any of your Destroyer Destroyers help me out here? I picked up a pop-top G* Destroyer at a tourney recently. Any info as to their availability? I haven't had another one quite like it. Are these rare or desirable for any reason? It flies quite a bit different than what I'm used to...

Different how? I have a super poppy max weight, it seems like quite a few people have domey G Stars. I will also agree that the wing is kind of low on it, lower than a flat star that I have. It's not crazy stable either, max I throw it is 380-400 and it gives me some ride to the right and a medium fade without much skip. A domey star is wayyyyyy beefier from my limited experience.

Different how? I have a super poppy max weight, it seems like quite a few people have domey G Stars. I will also agree that the wing is kind of low on it, lower than a flat star that I have. It's not crazy stable either, max I throw it is 380-400 and it gives me some ride to the right and a medium fade without much skip. A domey star is wayyyyyy beefier from my limited experience.

Mine is rather understable compared to the other Destroyers I've thrown. It is a light weight (168g) but I can turn it over easily. This has NEVER been the case with any other Destroyers I've thrown with the exception of the Blizzard plastics. While it's not what I'm used to, this disc does have a spot in the bag at the moment. It flies like a longer Teebird right now...

Picked up a matched pair of dayglo S/DS destroyers today. Slight dome, 170 g. They have the new AJ stamp. What's up with the S/DS marking? I thought the current was *DS? The shop just got these in in the past couple of weeks.

Either way they have tons of glide. Not quite as much as a Pro, but way more than any of my *DS destros. Can't wait to beat these in.

Picked up a matched pair of dayglo S/DS destroyers today. Slight dome, 170 g. They have the new AJ stamp. What's up with the S/DS marking? I thought the current was *DS? The shop just got these in in the past couple of weeks.

Either way they have tons of glide. Not quite as much as a Pro, but way more than any of my *DS destros. Can't wait to beat these in.

It's just how they're marked unless they have patent numbers. I have s/tb from current runs and gstar s/ds destroyers. You can't really use the markings. They vary. Maybe you got old stock with new stamp but unless you got super lucky then I doubt it.

Thanks koda

Yea there are no patent numbers. That was the first thing I checked. It just caught my attention because my new ones fly nicer than the *ds that I've been chucking for most of the summer. I'm just gonna chalk it up to dome.

I had another question for you Destroyer aficionados...

This concerns the Avery Jenkins signature Destroyers that have been run recently. A buddy told me that two versions of this are out and one is considered to be more valuable (as it is an earlier run) and one is much more stable than its counterpart.

I have a couple of these discs and wanted to know which was which. In one of the stamps, Avery's signatures cross and in another, the line work in his first and last names are completely separate. Can anyone tell me the difference between the runs in terms of value and flight? Any help here is much appreciated!

This concerns the Avery Jenkins signature Destroyers that have been run recently. A buddy told me that two versions of this are out and one is considered to be more valuable (as it is an earlier run) and one is much more stable than its counterpart.

I have a couple of these discs and wanted to know which was which. In one of the stamps, Avery's signatures cross and in another, the line work in his first and last names are completely separate. Can anyone tell me the difference between the runs in terms of value and flight? Any help here is much appreciated!

I think your buddy is a little out of the loop. Yes, there are two main stamp variations for AJ Destroyers (three if you count the different sizes of AJ signatures with overlap). There have been several runs for each stamp type as well. There are probably at least 6 runs covering the various signature stamps, and that doesn't take into account that often times old stock gets stamped with new stamps. I wasn't aware of any run being more valuable than the other, but there are various runs to cover most stability levels ranging from flippy to FAF Firebird overstable.

I think your buddy is a little out of the loop. Yes, there are two main stamp variations for AJ Destroyers (three if you count the different sizes of AJ signatures with overlap). There have been several runs for each stamp type as well. There are probably at least 6 runs covering the various signature stamps, and that doesn't take into account that often times old stock gets stamped with new stamps. I wasn't aware of any run being more valuable than the other, but there are various runs to cover most stability levels ranging from flippy to FAF Firebird overstable.

And the flippy ones are..?? I'd like to get ahold of one.

The AJ's with the non-overlapping signature with patent numbers are worth more on facebook apparently. I also saw someone refer to them as "Two-Line" since the text by the signature forms two lines instead of three like the overlapping Y and J version.

And the flippy ones are..?? I'd like to get ahold of one.

The "two-line" without patent numbers are probably considered the least stable Stars. This is the same mold as the Wiggins Destroyers and has the "Vulcan" type wing (don't get me started but they are not Destrulcans). Dome affects how beefy these are with the lowest dome being the flippiest.

The "two-line" without patent numbers are probably considered the least stable Stars. This is the same mold as the Wiggins Destroyers and has the "Vulcan" type wing (don't get me started but they are not Destrulcans). Dome affects how beefy these are with the lowest dome being the flippiest.

Perrfeccttttt. I've got a flat 2-line on the way. I'm needing a flippy one to kick out my DX destro I'm running right now. It's temporary until I can get a Star to flippy.

Perrfeccttttt. I've got a flat 2-line on the way. I'm needing a flippy one to kick out my DX destro I'm running right now. It's temporary until I can get a Star to flippy.

DX really are the best for that shot imo but I will also use a Star Tern. It will definitely take some time for that Star to replace that DX, I think.

DX really are the best for that shot imo but I will also use a Star Tern. It will definitely take some time for that Star to replace that DX, I think.

I tried getting ahold of more from the particular tourney this one was from, but there are only 50 in existence and it was 4 years ago. Mega stiff, literally concave, and a straight bomber. Specially with a tailwind.

I second your friends desire for a certain run of avery destroyers.

Released in 2013, the pd2 topped destroyer was released. It has a wing resembling the blunt nose of pd2. This disc is a hog. I throw sds, and the one recently bagged is capable of replacing them.

When I shop for them, I do not look for specific avery stamps. I just inspect the wing.

Do they have a crazy high plh? I have one that I bag instead of something like a Max, flies something like 12/5/0/4. It's a weird blend of Star with a stiff rim and a soft flight plate.

I guess compared to a *d it's high. But it's not a one of a kind freak. I have multiple that are identical.

I like the pd2 topped ones they are sweet and pop topped I have two-line and three-line pd2 topped ones tho. but now I think I will just be switching to s-line pd2s because the pd2 top ones are getting harder to find and the pd2 will stay overstable longer

Would you qualify the last as a PD2? And @ Shooter: The profile pic of the first two are the mold people consider the least beefy.

1. 2-line v Wiggins

2. 3-line v Wiggins

3. PD2? v Wiggins

image_zps6a2dd4bc.jpg

image_zpse4c49d88.jpg

image_zps5591c256.jpg

Thanks HiFi, that helps. I'll try to post up a profile pic of mine when I get it. It's ~7/10 and flat 2line. Hopefully without a whole lot of work it'll be nice and flippy. And if anyone has any good flippy destros to get rid of hit me up.

I'm really just getting into the world of Destroyers here recently, and they've impressed so far. What's the general opinion of the Wiggins? Are they beef? Not so much? How are they?