• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

How do the echo star destroyers fly compared to g star, the factory second echo stars are only $8 which is a steal. Are they domey? Also hows the plastic? Feel and durability?

How do the echo star destroyers fly compared to g star, the factory second echo stars are only $8 which is a steal. Are they domey? Also hows the plastic? Feel and durability?

I know the echo star plastic in general doesn't get a ton of love from most people, but I really like my echo destroyers. Grippier then your average star without being flexible or floppy at all. Mine all have a bit of a dome, not extreme by any stretch. Threw nice and stable brand new and broke in really nicely. I'm bagging 2 echo's right now and love them.

I know the echo star plastic in general doesn't get a ton of love from most people, but I really like my echo destroyers. Grippier then your average star without being flexible or floppy at all. Mine all have a bit of a dome, not extreme by any stretch. Threw nice and stable brand new and broke in really nicely. I'm bagging 2 echo's right now and love them.

Sounds pretty promising to me, I wonder why they aren't very popular.

Ive been calling them half vulcan tops lol but they r all quite beefy. But this newest run is really flat and overstable from what ive seen

Most Destroyers I come across have very little dome. I know this isn't the case everywhere. I prefer very flat D's.

Some of the new echos with the mini robot stamp have a bit of a pop top and super low plh and are flippy. I've seen a handful of red ones like this.

Some of the new echos with the mini robot stamp have a bit of a pop top and super low plh and are flippy. I've seen a handful of red ones like this.

I've handled quite a few reds in stores and they were all like this. I own one and it was super flippy out of the box. Actually I own a couple red stars as well with big pop top domes but they bomb: only slightly flippy and they always come back unless there is a headwind. I look for the red stars in the high 160s now for precisely that reason.

Are the 2line aj destroyers generally less overstable than the new ajs?

I know it depends on plh and dome/weight etc, but overall.

I'm just wondering if when they changed the stamp, they changed something in the process or mold bc seems like every older 2line I get isn't as domey or overstable, but almost every new one I get is money.

I've handled quite a few reds in stores and they were all like this. I own one and it was super flippy out of the box. Actually I own a couple red stars as well with big pop top domes but they bomb: only slightly flippy and they always come back unless there is a headwind. I look for the red stars in the high 160s now for precisely that reason.

That sounds like the Destroyers the pros were throwing across the lake at Winthrop. They were so flippy that most of the throws just flipped completely over and went straight in the water.

I picked up a Echo Destroyer from Spinners purely on cosmetics(it's real purty), and I must say I'm loving it lots right now. A ton of glide, with a touch of turn, and a consistent forward fade...and did I mention it's super pretty? Well... it is. There is a dome, and it's considerable, but it doesn't interfere with a comfortable grip IMO. I seriously think this one has more glide than my old Pro plastic Destroyers.... which is saying something.

I picked up a Echo Destroyer from Spinners purely on cosmetics(it's real purty), and I must say I'm loving it lots right now. A ton of glide, with a touch of turn, and a consistent forward fade...and did I mention it's super pretty? Well... it is. There is a dome, and it's considerable, but it doesn't interfere with a comfortable grip IMO. I seriously think this one has more glide than my old Pro plastic Destroyers.... which is saying something.

Sweet, really want one now.

seriously think this one has more glide than my old Pro plastic Destroyers.... which is saying something.

Yup exactly. I used to cycle pro destroyers back in the day when the mold was more consistent. I've obviously had to move away from that with the variability in destroyers these days. My Echo's remind me a lot of the old pro's, with the added benefit of being more durable so I won't blow through a stack like I used to.

All that being said the echo stars are still a destroyer, so you do have to know what you're looking for as far as dome, pop top, and plh. If you know what you want the echos are really nice. If your just gonna grab a few at random they may be all over the place.

Can any of your Destroyer Destroyers help me out here? I picked up a pop-top G* Destroyer at a tourney recently. Any info as to their availability? I haven't had another one quite like it. Are these rare or desirable for any reason? It flies quite a bit different than what I'm used to...

Can any of your Destroyer Destroyers help me out here? I picked up a pop-top G* Destroyer at a tourney recently. Any info as to their availability? I haven't had another one quite like it. Are these rare or desirable for any reason? It flies quite a bit different than what I'm used to...

A tournament order I placed over the summer included some pop top gstars, they were the dull blue with sparkles in the plastic, all upper 160s. Plh looked low on them compared to the others I received. I didn't throw one, but I've thrown the pop top new run ecos and don't care for them at all.

I had a poptop pink gstar that was my favorite of my gstar destroyers it was the most overstable and flew really well

IMO the best destroyers are those with good dome. It might make them a touch more stable, but they also complement that with very good glide. Some of the longest drives I've ever thrown have been with domy Star Destroyers. The flatter the Destroyer the less overall performance I get out of it.

IMO the best destroyers are those with good dome. It might make them a touch more stable, but they also complement that with very good glide. Some of the longest drives I've ever thrown have been with domy Star Destroyers. The flatter the Destroyer the less overall performance I get out of it.

I agree with you on Star Destroyers. However, the EStars and GStars I've seen/thrown with pop tops have had significantly lower PLH and have been quite a bit LESS stable than their non-pop top counterparts. So I would say the way they mold up makes those generally less desirable than pop top stars.

I agree with you on Star Destroyers. However, the EStars and GStars I've seen/thrown with pop tops have had significantly lower PLH and have been quite a bit LESS stable than their non-pop top counterparts. So I would say the way they mold up makes those generally less desirable than pop top stars.

I know I've thrown a couple Star Destroyers with ridiculous domes. They are stable, but if you flex them out and make them S curve they'll stay in the air a long, long time. All the flat Destroyers just seem to flip over a bit and then have a sharp fade. Less glide. I think that's why I have trouble with Katanas. They're flat and fade out too sharply. Less glide than Destroyers.