• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Thats what I told him as well but he was having none of that. He was trying to tell me that even if an Avery stamped destroyer has patent numbers on it that it is still a Pre-Avery.

Well, I mean technically he's not super wrong. If it still has patent numbers that means it could have been molded pre avery, even if it wasn't stamped or sold until after. Granted calling an avery stamped pre avery is kinda ridiculous.

Shoot, I saw an patent # S/DS on ebay with a 2015 tournament stamp on it a week or two ago.

Well, I mean technically he's not super wrong. If it still has patent numbers that means it could have been molded pre avery, even if it wasn't stamped or sold until after. Granted calling an avery stamped pre avery is kinda ridiculous.

Shoot, I saw an patent # S/DS on ebay with a 2015 tournament stamp on it a week or two ago.

I love the new old stock discs. Most of my "pre-Avery" destroyers from the pop top overstable S/DS era have Avery stamps on them. They were way cheaper to buy than pre-Averys because either the sellers had no idea or the buyers didn't want to pay extra because of the Avery stamp.

I was warming up for some tournament one day and another guy warming up in the same area threw a Destroyer that was basically a mirror image of mine. Old run 170g pop top overstable marbled goodness disc. Only difference is his didn't have the Avery stamp. The factory ink on the back was even identical. I picked his disc up and gave it to him pointing out that we had twin discs and he had good taste... He dismissed it with the most arrogant tone of voice "mine is not like yours" and walked away. Okay, buddy :)

Last edited:
I don't throw destroyers.

I do however stash them, destroyers (much like rocs/aviar/teebird/gator/anything in PMB's bag) seem to sell.

like the above mentioned molds, Destroyers seem to have a largely anecdotal driving force in the market.

More mythos than anything. (considering old stock/new stamp, preavery/postavery/futureavery, DS/EDS/*EDS/EDSESDS/ETC.)

I don't throw destroyers.

I do however stash them, destroyers (much like rocs/aviar/teebird/gator/anything in PMB's bag) seem to sell.

like the above mentioned molds, Destroyers seem to have a largely anecdotal driving force in the market.

More mythos than anything. (considering old stock/new stamp, preavery/postavery/futureavery, DS/EDS/*EDS/EDSESDS/ETC.)

There definitely are differences between the various runs. Some pretty significant. The thing is that there are enough recent run Destroyers that do what old pre-Avery Destroyers did (both stable and overstable) where you don't really need the pre-Avery anymore. People just don't know that or don't know which recent runs fly like the ones they like. So they hunt out the pre-Avery runs they are familiar with.

That being said, I still don't know of any Destroyer run that flies like the old patent pending tooled pop top Echo Destroyers. I have a pretty big backup stash of those but I refuse to pay the prices they draw these days for replacements. Once they run out I'll just switch to something else.

I got my innova factory store order in today (some S-PD's and star destroyers) and I got some patent numbered, pearly stiff old school star, pop topped goodness ones! Hell even my S-PD disc was patent #'s.

they have that loud audible "heartbeat" sound that Dave Feldberg says when you press down on them. it really is the stiff old school pearly star blend.

16725143237_8b60be2f7c_b.jpg

what I forgot, and love about the factory store is that you can put in specific requests in the order notes and almost all to the time you will get what you asked for. I specifically asked for DOMEY 168g paired color stiff destoyers and got something even better than I expected.

They are white though which means I have to shelve them until the snow really goes away, but I decided I'm going to try dyeing them... these will be throwers anyway and its a perfect canvas since they are white.

So I decided to try out destroyers for the first time because I was doing a big order on the proshop and needed to add a disc for another discount.

I like gstar but when I got the destroyer and tested it, the thing looked like a roadrunner in the air... Is this how all gstar destroyers are?!

It also feels different than other gstar I bought, it is harder and holds shape when I bend it rather than springing right back.

Did I get a weird one?

yea i only had a gstar destroyer for a couple weeks before i tossed it into a lake but i never felt like it was a 'true' destroyer (whatever that means considering the numerous variations).

When Destroyers first came out, I was throwing Wraiths for distance and had 1 or 2 Teerex's in the bag for headwinds and big hyzers. The Destroyer immediately kicked the Teerex out of the bag, but I kept throwing Wraiths for big S-curve distance. The Destroyer was actually a little bit of a specialty disc for me at first. So even the old Wraiths were nowhere near the overstability of an average Destroyer.

Of course there is a much wider variety of Destroyers nowadays. And I have no experience with newer Wraiths.

Not to turn this into a wraith thread, but the stiff pop top star wraiths are OS. They will fight out of an anny and dump hard. They aren't common, but they do exist.

The flat gstars have a good amount of turn new once the flashing is removed. But the pop top ones r pretty sweet perfect distance disc new

The two gstars I have are strictly for rollers or sky anny shots. Thrown flat and hard they are insta rollers. They are not a destroyer at all.

The two gstars I have are strictly for rollers or sky anny shots. Thrown flat and hard they are insta rollers. They are not a destroyer at all.

How far are you throwing them?

I have a pop top that is going to ride right and fade back to past where I aimed at 400' or less, at about 425 is where the ride right and fade equal out to where I was aiming. I can't throw farther than that. But they don't handle serious headwind.

If you throw 375' or less, then they are a Destroyer flight. If you throw 400 or a bit more they are fantastic distance discs. I imagine big arm guys at 425'+ find them too understable to be as trustworthy as a real star Destroyer. But for most people with a decent arm they should be pretty much perfect for consistent distance.

FWIW I also have a beat up star Destroyer that has significantly more high speed turn than the G Star, so they aren't crazy flippy. But if you throw super far then they can probably be avoided and you can go to star and beat one in a bit or choose low PLH.

I got my innova factory store order in today (some S-PD's and star destroyers) and I got some patent numbered, pearly stiff old school star, pop topped goodness ones! Hell even my S-PD disc was patent #'s.

they have that loud audible "heartbeat" sound that Dave Feldberg says when you press down on them. it really is the stiff old school pearly star blend.

16725143237_8b60be2f7c_b.jpg

what I forgot, and love about the factory store is that you can put in specific requests in the order notes and almost all to the time you will get what you asked for. I specifically asked for DOMEY 168g paired color stiff destoyers and got something even better than I expected.

They are white though which means I have to shelve them until the snow really goes away, but I decided I'm going to try dyeing them... these will be throwers anyway and its a perfect canvas since they are white.

damn those are nice. Would love to get my hands on some of those. Might havr to hit the fsctory store

How far are you throwing them?

I have a pop top that is going to ride right and fade back to past where I aimed at 400' or less, at about 425 is where the ride right and fade equal out to where I was aiming. I can't throw farther than that. But they don't handle serious headwind.

If you throw 375' or less, then they are a Destroyer flight. If you throw 400 or a bit more they are fantastic distance discs. I imagine big arm guys at 425'+ find them too understable to be as trustworthy as a real star Destroyer. But for most people with a decent arm they should be pretty much perfect for consistent distance.

FWIW I also have a beat up star Destroyer that has significantly more high speed turn than the G Star, so they aren't crazy flippy. But if you throw super far then they can probably be avoided and you can go to star and beat one in a bit or choose low PLH.

On an average day I throw my destroyers 430-460' and the g stars never fade back unless there is tailwind. I have a star destroyer that is slightly beat in for my max d throws and a champy star wiggins for slight turn to strong fade.

damn those are nice. Would love to get my hands on some of those. Might havr to hit the fsctory store

You and apparently a whole lot of other people. I just talked to them on the phone because I hit them up for some old school Destroyers and they said they've gotten a bunch of orders for those lately, and there aren't many left in the F2 stock. I think a lot of people on DGCR saw those pics and made orders with requests for those. :)

You and apparently a whole lot of other people. I just talked to them on the phone because I hit them up for some old school Destroyers and they said they've gotten a bunch of orders for those lately, and there aren't many left in the F2 stock. I think a lot of people on DGCR saw those pics and made orders with requests for those. :)

I know I did, and they denied me saying there weren't any left the very next day.

I was recently given a max-weight GStar destroyer to try out (maybe three weeks ago) and it's already managed to become my primary utility driver. I bought two new max-weight ones, one with a big dome and one flat one.

They cover all of the lines I need, and I haven't had them flip over on me, they always come back. They shape REALLY nice lines for me. The flatter ones have a bit more turn than a regular star destroyer, but they still come back pretty hard.

Just for reference, I can consistently throw ~350, and generally max out right around 400. For my arm speed, the gstars are fantastic.

Haha, well if innovastore.net had any way to ship to the United States (that wasn't outrageously expensive), then maybe I'd order a couple of those. ;)