• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

all the flat high plh ones I have seen are the softer star plastic and break in to start turning for me within a month or two, but those pop tops don't break in nearly as fast

Just look at the plh. there are mega over stable flat destroyers out there that put any domey destroyer to shame. I even had one with patent numbers on it so it's not just a new thing. There's really no way to tell anymore, but most people agree a destroyer with dome has more of a chance at being what you are looking for in a destroyer.

Pretty much what I was trying to say.

Just got a new 2 line today. Feels awesome. PLH is a hint low. I'm thinking it will be a hyzer flipper.

Just got a new 2 line today. Feels awesome. PLH is a hint low. I'm thinking it will be a hyzer flipper.

My ultra domey white 2 line is a hyzer flip machine. Its awesome because its really not that beat in. MAYBE an 8-10. Im super mad because I threw it into an inlet by the beach where there is a pop up course some locals play. I have to get the snorkel out and get it back.

Just ordered four factory seconds from the Innova store and two of the four were really flat, gummy, and star swirled. The other two felt more like the Avery Jenkins destroyers with slight dome and more firm plastic. Can't wait to see how the flat gummy ones fly tomorrow.

Is there a price guide for all the "series" of destroyers? I have so many destroyers and not sure which ones are "sought after" or worth more than stock value

I was up at Pyramids/Marshall Street on Saturday for the New England Team Challenge Finals. I checked out their (somewhat) small selection of star destroyers. All were the new, small signature run, VERY domey, and definitely the softer star plastic. Not very appealing at all.

Fortunately, I found two max weight, white F2s that I think were from the big signature run. Stiffer and much less domey. Bought them on the spot.

Is there a price guide for all the "series" of destroyers? I have so many destroyers and not sure which ones are "sought after" or worth more than stock value
not really outside of the info in this thread.

off the top of my head some of the more sought after ones are:

- proto *D's
- pre-averey stamp S/DS's
- i think there was a japan open champ run that is valuable.

2 line AJ's it seems are starting to become a bit more sought after.

i'm sure i missed a few specific runs/variations that others can chime in on.

I checked out their (somewhat) small selection of star destroyers. All were the new, small signature run, VERY domey, and definitely the softer star plastic. Not very appealing at all.

Our local Scheels also got a big shipment of Innova and every single one of the Star Destroyers was like this. Same with all of the current AJ stamped stock that Gotta Go Gotta Throw currently has. Unfortunately I think Innova is running out of the 'old' star plastic because something has definitely changed.

Last edited:
At the event I was at this last weekend they probably had 20 stock stamp Star Destroyers. Almost every single one of them was super soft and flexy. Gross.

I had to work that morning so I caddied for a L64 sponsored pro (owner of the company doing payout for the event) 2nd round and he hooked me up afterwards. Let me pick through their inventory and grab a couple things i liked. I did find a really domey, stiff, 171g Echo Destroyer. It's a super bomber.

I have 2 orange Echos now and they are both really domey and long, long discs. I'm about to start hoarding them I think.

I am worried that innova is going to start making star too much like g star. G star has its place but I will never want a bag full of gummy flexy plastic.

Why do people want stiff Destroyers? Longer break in period (more OS)? Or do all you guys just prefer stiffer star plastic in general for all discs?

I prefer softer star but I don't have any clue if there is some correlation to Destroyer flight...

I like the way it wears way more. As far as I'm concerned they're more OS too. They wear in better and the feel. I also prefer stiffer Star in general. I wasn't a huge fan of Gstar. It isn't awful, it certainly has its uses, but I wasn't a big fan.

I like the way it wears way more. As far as I'm concerned they're more OS too. They wear in better and the feel. I also prefer stiffer Star in general. I wasn't a huge fan of Gstar. It isn't awful, it certainly has its uses, but I wasn't a big fan.

Fair enough, that's kind of what I was expecting to hear. I don't have the arm to need the mega OS Destroyers that don't break in much. But I do agree that stiffer star seems to break in a bit "better" (slower, less gouges IME), although I don't like the feel as much.

Why do people want stiff Destroyers? Longer break in period (more OS)? Or do all you guys just prefer stiffer star plastic in general for all discs?

I prefer softer star but I don't have any clue if there is some correlation to Destroyer flight...
if i find a star destroyer that i like... i want that baby to last. a long time.

seems like the stiffer blends wears in more evenly and stays in the sweet spot for a longer time.... albeit at the cost of taking more time to actually get to the sweet spot.

i think the firmer star plastic is probably the best blend for driver 'seasoning' as far as any of the premium plastics have ever been. i really hope it isn't completely tapped out.

i guess i should hedge that last statement with a nod to most of Discraft's ESP plastic as being a great premium blend for drivers that seasons well, lasts a helluva long time and is probably more consistent overall than innova.

if only they would run ESP Destroyer's....

First runESP cranks are garbage. They gouge almost as easily as dx

Old nukes are great, maybe the newer cranks are better. Discraft has some consistency swings just as innova does.

off the top of my head some of the more sought after ones are:

- proto *D's
- pre-averey stamp S/DS's
- i think there was a japan open champ run that is valuable.

2 line AJ's it seems are starting to become a bit more sought after.

i'm sure i missed a few specific runs/variations that others can chime in on.

Probably the rarest, the 200 Nightshifts.
First run mint green, pop top Echo D's, legendary for thier overstability, coveted by pros like Feldy.
Any old, original ☆ D's, the real " by the numbers " Destroyer, now they eat up long fairways with no strain at all.