• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Sad day guys. I have officially began looking for "stiff" Star. I have a Gstar Destroyer and Star Destroyer that are total opposite stiffness's. The Gstar is wayyy stiffer than the Star I'm referring to. They're backwards. Noooo.

The soft star make good out of the box throwers, but they don't last nearly as long as the stiff ones.

Sad day guys. I have officially began looking for "stiff" Star. I have a Gstar Destroyer and Star Destroyer that are total opposite stiffness's. The Gstar is wayyy stiffer than the Star I'm referring to. They're backwards. Noooo.

The soft star make good out of the box throwers, but they don't last nearly as long as the stiff ones.

:sick::sick::sick:

Its always been such a pain to be a destroyer thrower.

I knew I wasn't the only one who had noticed this ... can't wait to see the market correction on the "good" 3-line AJs as a result ...

If innova goes soft on us I will ditch destroyers. I love them but soft star is disgusting. The G star destroyer I bag is strictly for rollers because it flies like crap. It lost all of its stability so fast.

It totally sucks. The Gstar in question is stiff enough that I'll actually throw it when I need another Destro in the bag.

When you move away from Destroyers Skizz hmu. I want.

Destroy who? Destroy Her

I carry 4 destros in my bag, 2 of which are 175 old champion pop tops, linked below.

I can throw my beat in pop top 375 dead straight with a hefty fade at the end. Do the pop top star destros act similarly? Any idea what to look for specifically when I'm trying to find more of these destroyers? (good luck, I know)

Cheers!

Attachments

• poptop.jpg
    poptop.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 25
  • poptop2.jpg
    poptop2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 27
I carry 4 destros in my bag, 2 of which are 175 old champion pop tops, linked below.

I can throw my beat in pop top 375 dead straight with a hefty fade at the end. Do the pop top star destros act similarly? Any idea what to look for specifically when I'm trying to find more of these destroyers? (good luck, I know)

Cheers!

Some do some don't. Your best bet would be to check the PLH between the Destroyers and the shape of the top wing to make sure it's similar to what you have.

I have a solid stack of destroyers for the time being. 2 wiggins, 1 Christmas 2014, 2 domey 3 line, 1 mild dome 2 line, 2 g stars, and a pre numbers *d

I have a solid stack of destroyers for the time being. 2 wiggins, 1 Christmas 2014, 2 domey 3 line, 1 mild dome 2 line, 2 g stars, and a pre numbers *d

Who has the largest dgcr destroyer collection these days? Notroman? Hammer? El Niño used to have a stack about 200 high. All pre aj if I recall correctly, but I believe he sold a bunch.

Destroyers are the only disc other than P2s that I have more more than 3-4 of. Pretty much whenever they pop up for less than $15 I grab them.

Who has the largest dgcr destroyer collection these days? Notroman? Hammer? El Niño used to have a stack about 200 high. All pre aj if I recall correctly, but I believe he sold a bunch.

Ha, definitely not me. I have plenty but I'd be surprised if there aren't a handful of people that have more. I'm picky about which I keep. If I don't like the Destroyers I have I tend to just sell them.

Yeah I'm a little interested in the general stability of the Wraith also since the only # difference from a Destroyer is the speed rating. I had my first and only Wraith throw today and it shocked me...it was a champ Wraith and I threw it 375-400' on a line drive and it turned right pretty hard and kept going right the whole flight. There is no way a star or even G-star Destroyer are anywhere that understable. Did I throw a weird one or do they need some hyzer flipping?

Saw this old comment, quite interesting since I have both a G* Warith (175g) and a G* Destroyer (171g) and the Wraith is a bit of a meat hook for my noodle arm, but the Destroyer will always turn over for me when thrown 3-320'.

Yeah, I have a tough time picking between the Destroyer and Wraith, both in star and I can throw them the same distance but I feel like my wraith is more stable

Saw this old comment, quite interesting since I have both a G* Warith (175g) and a G* Destroyer (171g) and the Wraith is a bit of a meat hook for my noodle arm, but the Destroyer will always turn over for me when thrown 3-320'.

If your Destroyer is turning over for you when thrown 300 - 320 feet, you're either throwing with very bad form (OAT) or else that is a freak understable Destroyer. G* does tend to be a bit more understable than star, but none of the G* I've thrown would turn at all when thrown 300 - 320 with good form.

Generally what most Destroyer throwers here would consider a "good" Destroyer would not have any turn when thrown with that level of power. I have encountered some echo star Destroyers that were probably flippy enough to turn when thrown that short, so I'm not saying those discs don't exist; just most of us don't like them.

I know I have the arm speed for a destroyer, Mine is 167 star with a little dome,if I remember correctly.
I've thrown both my star wraith and star destroyer 415'. It's been so windy in MN lately that I haven't had too many reliable throws with my max D discs, just been chucking my fds, pD PD2 and DD.

I took my Destro out of the bag for now for my S DD, which is pretty beefy right now and I have a 170g champ DD2 but it's beefy being fresh. just trying different things.

I should throw destroyers but I just have no idea which ones are good and which ones are bad haha

I should throw destroyers but I just have no idea which ones are good and which ones are bad haha

Well that is the annoying thing about throwing Destroyers (or any Innova high speed driver in my experience). Inconsistencies in molding get magnified by high speed molds and especially in a disc that's supposed to sit in the "sweet spot" of the stability range (when thrown with good form and the right speed, just a little turn and a healthy fade). It seems that the super understable molds or super overstable molds don't have quite as many inconsistencies because they have either really high PLH or really low PLH in the mold, but molds that need to sit in that sweet spot in the middle suffer more.

Of course, it's not just Innova either; I've heard plenty of people talk about the inconsistencies in Trilogy, Discraft, and Legacy high speed drivers as well. MVP seems a little more consistent in general, but they don't have anything really high speed yet so we'll see when they start cranking out 21.5mm and (hopefully) 23mm distance drivers whether their consistency suffers at all (I hope not).

Anyway, looking for "good" Destroyers usually means comparing the parting line high (the height of the little line around the edge of the wing when you set the disc on a flat surface) and the dome with another known good Destroyer. Usually similar levels of dome and a similar parting line height will mean a similar flight. Lower PLH = less stable and higher PLH = more overstable. So if you have one you like, take it into the shops with you when you're looking for another one that's similar.

Vogurt, "Good" and "bad" destroyers is a subjective rating. The pd2 topped variants, what i call good, are not going to do much good for most disc golfers. I see plenty of people doing great things with slanted/Vulcan topped destroyers that I wouldn't put in my bag.
My 960 rated friend has 9 destroyers in his bag. Champ proto, *d, xxl stamp, two line, three line, wiggens, Etc. Its a high speed driver, give it a rip, see what it does, if it works for you, bag it, if not, pass it on.