• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Yep, that's why Destroyers are so great... You can buy a bunch, find ones you like, sell the rest. The reason they have no problems selling is because your bad Destroyer is someone else's good Destroyer.

The reason they have no problems selling is because your bad Destroyer is someone else's good Destroyer.

Definitely. If someone has 350'+ of power (consistent golf line drive) they can get into Destroyers in the easier to use plastics. These are "bad" ones for big boys. The big boy ones would be a fast Firebird for lower powered throwers. But people from 350-500' can throw Destroyers if they use the right ones and get very similar and dependable flight paths.

The problem is if you know you need a specific one...

Some new (to me) destros. A unthrown 2013 USDGC, which is super poppy toppy and I believe the "PD2 top" run but I'm no expert. A pre avery *D that has had all the hard work done for me already, and the new stock (g)Star Destroyers. The new stock one has a great destroyer profile but its pretty soft. So far its made a pretty solid out of the box thrower, but I'm betting it will beat in too quickly.

Attachments

• destros.jpg
    destros.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
Lost 2 of my favorite destroyer's(star) recently. Really beefy destroyer's (although not bottem stamp beef). Any ways I purchased 4(star plastic) recently 2 in Wisconsin at glide dg shop and 2 at iron lion in the quad cities. All similar feel, slight dome, one that's gummier then the rest but all not as stable as what I'm looking for. Is this how the runs this year are? I may have to try some champion plastic.

Some new (to me) destros. A unthrown 2013 USDGC, which is super poppy toppy and I believe the "PD2 top" run but I'm no expert. A pre avery *D that has had all the hard work done for me already, and the new stock (g)Star Destroyers. The new stock one has a great destroyer profile but its pretty soft. So far its made a pretty solid out of the box thrower, but I'm betting it will beat in too quickly.

That USDGC Destroyer is from the same run that flies close to the old S/DS Destroyers. My favorite recent run and I stocked up heavy on it. Glad I did because they're harder to find now. I have 5 or 6 of those USDGC stamped ones :) The blues were my favorite.

Lost 2 of my favorite destroyer's(star) recently. Really beefy destroyer's (although not bottem stamp beef). Any ways I purchased 4(star plastic) recently 2 in Wisconsin at glide dg shop and 2 at iron lion in the quad cities. All similar feel, slight dome, one that's gummier then the rest but all not as stable as what I'm looking for. Is this how the runs this year are? I may have to try some champion plastic.

Yeah, the recent runs have similar tops but gummy star plastic. They're not nearly as high speed stable. I wouldn't call them flippy but they will turn.

That's a bummer dude.

I've got some extra star Destroyers I bought a year or so ago that are pretty beefy. I've also got two champs with the DX stamp I bought about a year or so ago too. Or maybe it was two years. All unthrown.

In any case, if you want to take a look at them, I'm willing to trade or sell them for what I paid for them (i.e. retail) if you happen to like them.

That's a bummer dude.

I've got some extra star Destroyers I bought a year or so ago that are pretty beefy. I've also got two champs with the DX stamp I bought about a year or so ago too. Or maybe it was two years. All unthrown.

In any case, if you want to take a look at them, I'm willing to trade or sell them for what I paid for them (i.e. retail) if you happen to like them.

Aaaand.. PM'd

That USDGC Destroyer is from the same run that flies close to the old S/DS Destroyers. My favorite recent run and I stocked up heavy on it. Glad I did because they're harder to find now. I have 5 or 6 of those USDGC stamped ones :) The blues were my favorite.

Yup I am digging it for sure. I've had absolutely zero luck for the last year or so at picking out beefcake destroyers from retailers. It got to the point where I started throwing Xcal's for OS destroyer duties. That USDGC gets me back to only throwing destroyers for my high speed drivers, which is how it is supposed to be. I finally just bit the bullet and said screw it, paying premium after market prices for something I know will fit the bill beats spending way to much time and energy trying to find one for retail price.

I say that now, but if the prices on good aftermarket destroyers just keep going up and up like this and Innova doesn't put out real star anymore I may well be done with destroyers sooner rather than later.

I say that now, but if the prices on good aftermarket destroyers just keep going up and up like this and Innova doesn't put out real star anymore I may well be done with destroyers sooner rather than later.

Nooooo we can't lose a family member:(

Don't be too sad. I should be set for at least a couple of years as long as I don't loose a pile of them *knock on wood*

The crap star coming out these days is just really disconcerting to me, and its more molds then just destroyers.

What other molds are you seeing it in? I wanna steer clear. I've only had my hands on new run Destroyers lately. That suckssss.

The new star roc3's and deadulus (or however you spell it). Those 2 and the destroyers are the only for sure new star stock I've seen anywhere. Everything else has been either sitting on shelves in the store or is backstock with new stamps from innova. I feel like real star is pretty much a thing of the past at this point as they continue to mold and sell tons of G star. I saw a retail store recently that had ZERO star plastic in it. I don't know anything for absolute certain, but I have a very strong suspicion that traditional star is going the way of the dinosaur.

I'm afeard you're right. There is a local guy I swear to you has only Gstar in his bag.

I pretty much hate the stuff. Only when I need a pre-beat-in-to-flippyish Destroyer or Teebird will I throw Gstar.

Is the orange Destroyer actually a Destrulcan? It's a two line (idk if that matters).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 60
destrulcans are usually pretty flat with a noticeably sharp angle where the leading edge meets the flight plate (at least IMO).

I first noticed the "new" star plastic last month. It sucks and feels like crap.

I could very easily be wrong, but I don't think it is a Destrulcan Jcough. It looks like it has a really low nose/plh though which is probably the problem.

Thanks. It seems like an oddly shaped Destroyer so I was suspicious. It's pretty worn in so maybe that contributes to it's flippiness. Do Destrulcans typically fly less stable?