• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

That's the exact reason I stopped bagging Destroyers. I always loved them, and I've had some of my farthest throws ever with them, but I was always too nervous about losing my prized "perfectly seasoned" Star Destroyer. It takes way too long to get a brand new Star beat in enough for me to get nice turn out of them. Although the stock G-star's were almost perfect for me out of the box.

Both of my GStars are as beefy as my slightly seasoned Stars. Your old E*DS has become my standstill FH disc (350'+) and will season into my flippy spot hopefully. Dick's has a pink embossed one that has a lower PLH than all the others but I have yet to compare it to mine. I'm playing Sunday so if you have any others let me know as my partner can barely throw a decent shot which means I need 400' power. I could probably get away with 350' of consistent distance but my Eagle-X (easy 340') decided to flip up and over on my at Twin Ponds today. My CD3 is in the pond there so I'm counting on my Destroyers, TeeBird, Stag and Pegasus that I just traded for to carry me.

Finally felt up some of the embossed ones in person, seemed most had a moderate some but found one right at 170 that was flatter. The wing on it was much more flat similar to an L mold, felt awesome in a forehand grip. I'm curious to see how it flies.

They also had some embossed pro destroyers. Those felt really good too.

Just ordered some bottom stamped destroyers. Hyzer farm on ebay seemed to be about the only one with lighter white ones. Important for this time year at least the white color part.

Anyhoo.....thought I would post as this will be my first real effort give this disc a fair chance of making the bag.

With all the competition and the desire to try new companies (oldish innova thrower here) I just kind didn't want to really give the destroyer a fair try.

This month I've found 2 unmarked beat in destroyers on my local course and failed to find their owners.

One Star Avery and one Champ, I guess it's time to give my flows a challenge. :)

Just ordered some bottom stamped destroyers. Hyzer farm on ebay seemed to be about the only one with lighter white ones. Important for this time year at least the white color part.

Anyhoo.....thought I would post as this will be my first real effort give this disc a fair chance of making the bag.

With all the competition and the desire to try new companies (oldish innova thrower here) I just kind didn't want to really give the destroyer a fair try.
I have a few older bottom stamped Star Destroyers. They're all more overstable than the "typical Destroyer". What I mean by that is out of the box they have little to no turn. I don't know if that holds true for the newer bottom stamped Stars. I just thought I'd let you know that in case you a get some beefy Destroyers. Only testing out beefy Destroyers won't really give you a true feel for that awesome Destroyer flight.

rumor is the tooled star destroyers are flying similar to AJ destroyers. picked one up online, hopefully it comes in this weekend and i can put that to the test.

rumor is the tooled star destroyers are flying similar to AJ destroyers. picked one up online, hopefully it comes in this weekend and i can put that to the test.

So, all over the place from flat to poppy and straight stable to meathook? Gotcha.

(Not a criticism of the discs, I love Destros. But there are Patent# SDS AJs and flat flippy 2-line *DS AJs, and about everything in between.)

So, all over the place from flat to poppy and straight stable to meathook? Gotcha.

(Not a criticism of the discs, I love Destros. But there are Patent# SDS AJs and flat flippy 2-line *DS AJs, and about everything in between.)

Exactly. Even among 3 lines there is variability.

They really are all over the place. I was looking through a stack of them earlier this week and found everything from really flat to big pop top...and that was just among the max weight ones.

They really are all over the place. I was looking through a stack of them earlier this week and found everything from really flat to big pop top...and that was just among the max weight ones.

Yes, they are Destroyers. I don't want them all to be the same. But I also don't expect to be able to order one online and have it be something in particular. Snowflakes man. And I love them.

Yes, they are Destroyers. I don't want them all to be the same. But I also don't expect to be able to order one online and have it be something in particular. Snowflakes man. And I love them.

Yeah, agreed. The more I learn about discs, the more I like going through stacks of discs like digging for treasure. Though I can see how annoying/frustrating it may be to those who have to order online and can't see/feel discs in person.

I ended up buying one of the new Destroyers, even though I can't currently get as much out of one as I'd like. Still, after a few throws to figure it out, it gave me some of the longest, prettiest golf line throws I've had. Still not gonna bag it, but for now it should be good for checking progress now and then.

I have a half dozen of the new destroyers around 170. They all fly much closer to the numbers than the previous mcbeth run. Pretty nice.

My blank white, 168, 170 stars arrived. After about a half dozen throws I found that according to one user they are indeed stable.

Not sure where they will end up in terms of making the bag. Perhaps windy days. The plastic is beautiful white, tacky. They feel great. But a bit to os to warrant taking the slot for a long distance driver.