• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

IMAG0648.jpg

Got this bad boy last week.

I just got 3 170 gram AJ Destroyers in the used bin all worn in different stages. They are flat and really really nice. The flight plate is a little gummy so it has excellent grip.

When I'm not so tired I will post pictures of them.

That team stamped one looks like the nice red champy stars plastic. I've got an AJ stamped one in the bag currently. Might get a group pic soon...

Here's a new *DS (yellow) compared to a fairly new (new stamp) B/S *DS. The yellow is probably the least stable out of the box I've gotten in years. It's a few grams lighter and flatter and is the old AJ stamp in the post 3 pic post above. This isn't one of the funky tops is it? I can crush it already but fear it's going to break in really fast. I had been stockpiling the older stamp B/S redish/purple ones but can't find them anymore. They were money.

IMG_20130804_172235_794_zpse7f0dce0.jpg

IMG_20130804_171955_040_zps6702bc61.jpg

Stumbled across this champ destroyer yesterday while playing at Sugaw Creek (Charlotte). Was just sitting in some thick weeds a couple feet off the fairway. Great condition! No name or number on the back. Now I have 5 destroyers in my bag...

1S8gT5F.jpg

more brand new avery goodness. i'm finding a lot of flat ones out there. also, it starting to appear that the prism stamps are exclusive to only one retail store!

asxxxx_zpsc246ca84.jpg

I found it in a park, w/out a course. It looked like someone was using it for a dog toy.

Never thrown one before but was shocked I could throw it about 300' easily even w/ the broken part flapping in the wind.

I found it in a park, w/out a course. It looked like someone was using it for a dog toy.

Never thrown one before but was shocked I could throw it about 300' easily even w/ the broken part flapping in the wind.

Thats b/c Star Destroyers are amazing. IMO they're the best distance driver on the market.

I have loved my star echo wraith and can bomb it but don't always catch hold of it. Everytime I threw this thing w/out a ton of arm it sailed, pretty much exactly like I would expect an OS distance driver to fly. Very interested in purchasing one.

Any tips for someone who throws mostly big long "s curving" sidearms for buying a star destroyer? Like weight? or if I'm looking for something flat or domey?

I have loved my star echo wraith and can bomb it but don't always catch hold of it. Everytime I threw this thing w/out a ton of arm it sailed, pretty much exactly like I would expect an OS distance driver to fly. Very interested in purchasing one.

Any tips for someone who throws mostly big long "s curving" sidearms for buying a star destroyer? Like weight? or if I'm looking for something flat or domey?
The flatter the disc the more OS it will be in general but PLH has a lot to do with it also. What weight to choose is really a person preference. Also how far your throwing can determine if you should even get a certain mold b/c you may not be able to get it up to speed.

Not too concerned w/ getting a disc up to speed. Fast drivers have never given me an issue. I can put my star wraith past 450 on a great throw, but those are seldom, and I really have catch it just right to get it to glide forever. 175g is what I usually look for in a big driver but that's only b/c that is what I am accustom to. My Teerex is 169 and flies pretty far for me. I just don't fully understand what 5-6g difference will mean for my throws?