• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I agree with you, Danny, sir. For the most part, the G star destroyers fly true to their numbers. I have 4, and so far the parting lines are kinda all over the place. But they are certainly not as understable as my Echos.

I agree with you, Danny, sir. For the most part, the G star destroyers fly true to their numbers. I have 4, and so far the parting lines are kinda all over the place. But they are certainly not as understable as my Echos.

Yep, the echo has alot of turn and alot of fade, i wish it had less of one of them because right now its like a d4 or Katana

I think I would like the gstar destroyers more if they had some dome to them.

Bought one today, flies great, a little turn followed by a good fade, seems to fly 12,5,-1,3. If i want an overstable Destroyer in G star i guess im out of luck, maybe they'll make G star Xcalibers

I've got to say this is not my experience at all. Today was the first time I ever threw a G* Destro & I didn't like it. My friend has one & he let me toss it. It had more turn than my Star Destroyers. The one I threw had only a slight dome. Maybe it was just the disc but I'm most likely going to just stick to my regular Star Destroyers.

Just compared my AM worlds G*D to a DX one and a domey star katana.

It looks identical to the katana and PLH is the same. The DX destroyer has a higher PLH and not so much of a pop top. Little sad about this as I was hoping for a nice OS destroyer that would beat in great' Have a feeling this thing isn't going to love 425' power and hold a nice hyzer.

what about the master's Gstar destroyers?

I've got to say this is not my experience at all. Today was the first time I ever threw a G* Destro & I didn't like it. My friend has one & he let me toss it. It had more turn than my Star Destroyers. The one I threw had only a slight dome. Maybe it was just the disc but I'm most likely going to just stick to my regular Star Destroyers.

Define "regular" Star Destroyer?

Are you talking about *D slight turn and fade?
S/DS overstable??
*Ds tweeners??
Vulcan top ??
Pd2 Top??

The only one of the past Star Destroyers that flew similar to the numbers is the *D's and some *DS's. I feel like mine flies alot closer to a *D than it does to a S/Ds for reference. (this is based off typical flights from Destroyers with these markings)

Played a couple of tournaments this weekend, really happy with my Destroyer setup through out. Especially on Saturday, on a lengthened course with lots of OB. Lots of Destroyer shots. I had in my bag-

- 2007 Pumpkin *D 175g - Worn in just a little, can flip it if I want, but will come back a little if there isn't a headwind. Great for hyzerflips in headwinds and longer drives in tailwinds.

- Avery SDS 175g- Also worn in a little bit. Great for hyzers with a tailwind, flips over nicely into a headwind but will still hyzer near the end. Can throw dead straight on a line for like 400 feet with no wind at all. Easily my most valuable and furthest flying Destroyer. When I'm not sure what to throw on a longer hole, I throw this.

- Pre-Avery SDS 169g - Nice and overstable, big pop top, still pretty new. Great for headwind drives that I want still hyzer, can really crank on it with other winds and it won't flip over.

-2013 Asian Open SDS 175g - Super super overstable, hude dome; easily my most overstable disc. I only throw it in tournaments, and even then it's pretty rare. I can crank over it as hard as I want, release on an anhyzer, and it will still correct at around 200 feet and hyzer hard. Great for headwind shots that I need to hyzer hard, and when I need a big skip. I don't throw it often because I want to keep it being super overstable for a long time.

EDIT: Here they all are, in the order I described-

wR2nAr0.jpg

Last edited:
i throw pro destroyers (1 new and 1 beat) and they saved my @ss yesterday in the tournament i played. the winds were fierce and many of the longer holes played into the wind or down wind.

can anyone tell me how the g* compare to pro? fwiw i throw my destroyers 350 - 370'. thx.

i throw pro destroyers (1 new and 1 beat) and they saved my @ss yesterday in the tournament i played. the winds were fierce and many of the longer holes played into the wind or down wind.

can anyone tell me how the g* compare to pro? fwiw i throw my destroyers 350 - 370'. thx.

Go back to page 52 of this thread. We already discussed the comparison between the pro and GStar Destroyers. I think the TLDR was that the GStars are similar to some of the older pro destroyers, but newer pro destroyers are all over the board in stability so hard to tell how they compare.

Hey y'all check out what I got blessed with yesterday at my local course!
Played behind Paul, his brother John and a female pro Jennifer the whole round
Went to a baseball field past our hole 14 to practice my drives afterwards and found this beauty, I tweeted at him and after trying to work out meeting back there it was uber windy so he didn't go back out to play today so he told me to keep it!
And he signed my ace Roc3! Super cool dude. Thanks Paul!

Hey y'all check out what I got blessed with yesterday at my local course!
Played behind Paul, his brother John and a female pro Jennifer the whole round
Went to a baseball field past our hole 14 to practice my drives afterwards and found this beauty, I tweeted at him and after trying to work out meeting back there it was uber windy so he didn't go back out to play today so he told me to keep it!
And he signed my ace Roc3! Super cool dude. Thanks Paul!

Can you take a profile pic of that one, ive been wondering what the dome looks like on it , seen him throwing that one a bunch

It's from the newer run but the purples had a much lower PLH compared to the other colors. That would make sense since he used this for his flippy Destroyer slot.

eNHQGIx.png

Latest posts