• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I don't doubt it, but the four I bought in 2013 were all that same profile and plastic. I still haven't had a chance to throw the one on the left.

Also I just wanted to show the difference in profile and plastic between the newer stamps and the older style.

Last edited:
I bought one of the new stamp Echo Destroyers today, all the ones i looked through had an extreme pop top and had a rim that looked right in between a vulcan top and a regular top. The 170 i bought flies like a champ turn, it flips up and carries to the side then fades in a meaty way. I cant throw big anhyzers with it but its definitely less stable than you'd imagine a Destroyer with a big nasty pop top would be

I ordered one of these online after feeling up the new eco terns and teebirds in person and liking the plastic. I ended up with a red 170 that's really domey and looks like the plh is low for a destroyer. The flashing was pretty large on it too, almost looks like it has a bead on the bottom. I haven't thrown it yet, but am guessing it'll crush once I wear the flashing down.

I ordered one of these online after feeling up the new eco terns and teebirds in person and liking the plastic. I ended up with a red 170 that's really domey and looks like the plh is low for a destroyer. The flashing was pretty large on it too, almost looks like it has a bead on the bottom. I haven't thrown it yet, but am guessing it'll crush once I wear the flashing down.

Mine is pretty much identical to what you're explaining and it does crush, you can throw it with anny and it will hold it for a minute then come back strong.

I think the plastic feels cheap but i love the flight, i hope the G star ones fly this nice.

And it definitely has a vulcan like top, not quite like the older ones were but still similar.

Last edited:
I don't doubt it, but the four I bought in 2013 were all that same profile and plastic. I still haven't had a chance to throw the one on the left.

Also I just wanted to show the difference in profile and plastic between the newer stamps and the older style.

The newer ones are more on the overstable side, similar to the older pop top SDS Destroyers.

GStar

12758732614_7905735e06_c.jpg

12758732294_f8a40ef08a_c.jpg

12758691524_473cc4e51f_c.jpg

They seem really domey, especially the red ones. I haven't thrown destroyers in quite a while. I might throw one of these

Yeah first thing I noticed about my Gbirds, they have a nice smooth transition from plate to wing unlike the Estar. Looks like these are similar.

Yeah first thing I noticed about my Gbirds, they have a nice smooth transition from plate to wing unlike the Estar. Looks like these are similar.

It's profile shape is really similar to the new Echostar Destroyer i bought this weekend, and it flies amazing. Flips up from hyzer with ease and glides forever because of the huge dome, then comes back strong. I was even throwing it on an anhyzer release and it would come out of it and fade strong.

These have some turn for a Destroyer. I haven't thrown a Destroyer in a while, but I always remember them having little to no turn and a heavy fade when new. The GStar Destroyer i threw yesterday turned all the way over from a slight hyzer release. I can't imagine how it will fly when the flashing is gone. It did always fade out of the turn, but I don't think it would when thrown with anhyzer unless thrown pretty high.

Pd2 top...or something that looks like it. You know, if they pd2 top is good enough for destroyers it certainly validates my decision to use them. :p

Pd2 top...or something that looks like it. You know, if they pd2 top is good enough for destroyers it certainly validates my decision to use them. :p

Yeah that PD2-topped one makes my C-Line PD2 feel like a Roadrunner :p

WP_000001.jpg

WP_000002.jpg

Ordered from online at the same time. Guess the differences :p

The yellow one is from a run in the winter/spring of 2013. Super overstable. Flat top Firebird style. The white one is older maybe 2012. Flies more like a regular Destroyer.

Current star run has a similar top to the yellow but with a lower wing and a higher dome. Flies like an SDS Destroyer.

That looks to be the same shape as the Echostar Destroyer i recently bought (the one with the new stamp). The echostar flat out BOMBs, it flies closer to the numbers than any other star Destroyer i've ever thrown (Little bit of turn, a nice meaty fade and tons of speed). If these G stars are anything like that it will be awesome, im gonna go pick up a couple this weekend along with some of the G star Teebirds.

I can't tell you about the stock stamp, but I've thrown both the red and orange CFR discs shown above. The red is definitely domier (as pictured) and flies a little less stable than the orange from the few throws I've had with them. Both times I was throwing them it was windy and a bit gusty, so hard to tell exactly how much difference there is and what is due to wind gusts so take this review with a grain of salt.

They are definitely both less stable than the beefy F2 star Destroyer I got off the factory store last year for sure. They might be similar to the pro destroyer I have, stability-wise, although I'd have to dig that out and throw them together to know for sure. I actually do like the orange one quite a bit. I can rip it hard and flat and it will turn a little before taking a nice consistent fade at the end. The red one I throw with a bit of hyzer to get a similar flight path or throw it flat and higher to get a sweeping anhyzer. I actually kind of like having these be a little different; they both get spots in my bag for now.

I picked up some of the Am Worlds Doubles Destroyers. Definitely have a little less HSS than my other destroyers, which seems typical from G*. They look pretty similar to my Patent# E*DS, and have almost the same flight other than being a little easier to flip. I've found they're a little easier to throw because of the glide and lower HSS.. Gotta be a little more careful to make sure you don't flip it, but they throw nice.

Latest posts