• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Pretty dumpy/sharp fade. I threw the Brinster basically as hard as I could and it wouldn't even begin to glide on a straight line. I had to muscle it for the distance I DID get. Flew like an XCal for me.

Mine the 170 Champion Destroyer will never fly flat no matter who is throwing the disc have a straight flight. But the Flight will be less with the more power the player has. Still a mostly straight flight unlike the Destroyer you have. Yes it requires full power for my disc to fly well though.

Pretty dumpy/sharp fade. I threw the Brinster basically as hard as I could and it wouldn't even begin to glide on a straight line. I had to muscle it for the distance I DID get. Flew like an XCal for me.

You may have an aberrationally overstable disc on your hands. Then again, from what I read here and elsewhere, Destroyer stability is all over the map...

You may have an aberrationally overstable disc on your hands. Then again, from what I read here and elsewhere, Destroyer stability is all over the map...

Yeah, this one is an absolute overstable pig. I've thrown probably 20 star Destroyers, and this Brinster is among the 2 or 3 most stable I've ever thrown. Its the kind of overstable that beating the disc in won't even fix. On most discs I can get a nice, flat flight for at least part of the disc's flight path. This Destroyer hyzers right out of my hand. I can flex it out by throwing it hard anny, but even then it fights out of it quickly and dump fades hard.

It'd be a good headwind Destroyer, but for calm conditions its way too much for me to handle.

Destroyers really are all over the map for stability.

Last edited:
Yeah, this one is an absolute overstable pig. I've thrown probably 20 star Destroyers, and this Brinster is among the 2 or 3 most stable I've ever thrown. Its the kind of overstable that beating the disc in won't even fix. On most discs I can get a nice, flat flight for at least part of the disc's flight path. This Destroyer hyzers right out of my hand. I can flex it out by throwing it hard anny, but even then it fights out of it quickly and dump fades hard.

It'd be a good headwind Destroyer, but for calm conditions its way too much for me to handle.

Destroyers really are all over the map for stability.

Most of the Players discs are consistent and I have seen else wear on here that the Brinister Destroyers are usually very overstable. Personally the Champion plastic is more predictable then the Star, but most predictable would be DX as that is most predictable plastic usually most predictable for all discs made in that plastic.

However Star is least predictable plastic for most discs anyhow, then R-Pro and stiff Pro about the same, then G Star, then Champion, then XT, then DX. Never having really tested the sameness of XT much I just guessed as it feels more like a DX type plastic. This is going from least predictable to most in my chart.

I do agree that the Destroyer is all over the map in stability due to them having to make so many due to how popular a disc it is. I think that is the reason. Also the Destroyer varies in stability due to every 4 or 5 grams or so you go up in disc weight. I have a 167 gram Champion Destroyer that has a different flight then the 170 gram Champion Destroyer I have. It could be the 167 gram is heavy by a gram in weight measure so that 4 or 5 gram difference is taking affect of the disc.

I also think that in molding process for Innova it needs to be more consistent in the Final molding process, they have temperature change by a degree either way sometimes when the disc is in the finishing process or the humidity has changed by a few either way. Those are things you think Innova would have corrected to keep the discs the same during different runs at least in that part. Having slightly micro differences in plastic in from the company they get it from is something else entirely but usually has no affect on the dome and that of a disc they just need to keep the other parts the same so they have better consistency though I accept it will not be perfect, just more consistent with the disc they had intended to make a bunch of.

Last edited:
Price check?
4726e71daa7933b47dbe666aa422e37f.jpg
5b359b374cafaa4963524c69df367cac.jpg
98fe1efa492cc28dfc3d4a61155158dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Echo Star Destroyers are no longer produced, and are getting rare. Disggolfcenter.com had a few of them on sale recently for $39.99 each. They seem to be gone now, so apparently someone is willing to pay that.

Teebirds and Destroyers were great in Echo*.. kinda used to think I was the only one that enjoyed them. For someone that only plays maybe once a week or so, they didn't beat in too fast and were never too OS. Great grip, but not too floppy like G* and never domey. Now I've got to rely on Pro Destroyers, but starting to give Biofuzion Trespass a try. I think it has a touch too much more turn though. Maybe Fuzion or Lucid is the answer for me

I bag 2 echo destroyers (E*DS), not the really old ones and have 2 back ups..I love the grip and hope they make more in the future. Prices are going up....used to be around $15 now around $30.

So you're telling me I should buy the ones I saw online last night for $11.99 and wait for the inevitable 100%+ increase in value?

I am not aware of anyone selling Echostar Destroyers or Teebirds for $11.99, but Discgolfcenter.com has 8 Echostar Wraiths for that price right now - all in yellow. It is my guess that Innova still has a bunch of those. When Innova's supply of those gets low, they will most likely get expensive also.

I am not aware of anyone selling Echostar Destroyers or Teebirds for $11.99, but Discgolfcenter.com has 8 Echostar Wraiths for that price right now - all in yellow. It is my guess that Innova still has a bunch of those. When Innova's supply of those gets low, they will most likely get expensive also.

I think I got the last 2 Echo stamped patent # E* Wraiths from DGC. I prefer them to the later runs since the plastic is a bit more firm.

Saw somebody on ebay asking $50 for one, sheesh.

I think I got the last 2 Echo stamped patent # E* Wraiths from DGC. I prefer them to the later runs since the plastic is a bit more firm.

Saw somebody on ebay asking $50 for one, sheesh.

Yes, the Echostar Wraiths that I have held were not quite as firm as I would like, but I only have experience (and not much at that) with what I expect are discs from a newer run (2015ish?).

The Echostar Wraiths that I have held seem to have more dome than that mold typically has in other plastics. The only Echostar Destroyer that I own is also domey, and has a good deal of turn, but always comes out of it with a healthy fade. I have wondered if domey Echostar Wraiths might behave that way also.

Yes, the Echostar Wraiths that I have held were not quite as firm as I would like, but I only have experience (and not much at that) with what I expect are discs from a newer run (2015ish?).

The Echostar Wraiths that I have held seem to have more dome than that mold typically has in other plastics. The only Echostar Destroyer that I own is also domey, and has a good deal of turn, but always comes out of it with a healthy fade. I have wondered if domey Echostar Wraiths might behave that way also.

The last run of the Echo Star Destroyer came out with a lot of high speed turn and a lot of fade. Out of the box distance bomber. I am not aware of any previous runs that flew like it. All the pop top echo stars I have are older runs and they are just as domey but without the crazy high speed turn.

Latest posts