• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

A guy I play with has a Ricky Destroyer and he is mashing it. He normally has all day 500' distance. I have not thrown it but held it. Plastic felt nice and the dome was perfect. Not popped or flat. A very nice transition throughout. It looks like it flies straighter throughout the flight and less OS than the 4X. I like it.

Are there any other identifiable features on the new mold piece that I could see looking at a disc from a retailer online or am I going to have to contact them?

Are there any other identifiable features on the new mold piece that I could see looking at a disc from a retailer online or am I going to have to contact them?

What exactly are you looking for? The mold piece that creates the 'made in the usa' on the bottom is completely independent from the piece that forms the top, and also independent from the piece that shapes the wing.

What exactly are you looking for? The mold piece that creates the 'made in the usa' on the bottom is completely independent from the piece that forms the top, and also independent from the piece that shapes the wing.

I was hoping to get some with the flatter wing and those are the ones that sound like they have it.

I was hoping to get some with the flatter wing and those are the ones that sound like they have it.

In my experience so far the ones with made in usa do have a flatter wing. I haven't found any max weights with the made in usa markings yet.

I bought a pile of destroyers with the raptor stamp and all the 168-171g i got have a blizzard looking rim, flatter wing and "made in usa". The 175g Raptors I got don't have the blizzard rim, flatter wing or "made in usa".

In my experience so far the ones with made in usa do have a flatter wing. I haven't found any max weights with the made in usa markings yet.

I bought a pile of destroyers with the raptor stamp and all the 168-171g i got have a blizzard looking rim, flatter wing and "made in usa". The 175g Raptors I got don't have the blizzard rim, flatter wing or "made in usa".

Same here. Although, the 175s I have are still far less OS than any 175 McBeth runs I have. The 175 Wysocki's are softer and all had some serious flashing on them. Even they felt like a new piece was used. I'm loving them all so far.

Same here. Although, the 175s I have are still far less OS than any 175 McBeth runs I have. The 175 Wysocki's are softer and all had some serious flashing on them. Even they felt like a new piece was used. I'm loving them all so far.

Had I written your post based on the same findings, my final sentence would have been the exact opposite.

Go disc golf!

I got my raptors today. 2 x 169gr and 1 x 171 gr. All are blizzardy rimmed and straight winged like I asked for. 169 grs have "made in usa" but the 171 gr doesn't. Can't wait to see how these fly. I've been looking this type of destroyers since i lost my go to destroyer last summer. It was 170 grs, blizzardy rimmed and straight winged. Like these! Finally!

I got my raptors today. 2 x 169gr and 1 x 171 gr. All are blizzardy rimmed and straight winged like I asked for. 169 grs have "made in usa" but the 171 gr doesn't. Can't wait to see how these fly. I've been looking this type of destroyers since i lost my go to destroyer last summer. It was 170 grs, blizzardy rimmed and straight winged. Like these! Finally!

Out of sheer curiosity, why would anyone WANT star discs with that blizzardy rim? I've thrown them and feel like they're an inferior product and poorly made.

I don't see star discs with those rims often, but I do see champions. They simply aren't good discs and seem to wear out quickly.

Out of sheer curiosity, why would anyone WANT star discs with that blizzardy rim? I've thrown them and feel like they're an inferior product and poorly made.

I don't see star discs with those rims often, but I do see champions. They simply aren't good discs and seem to wear out quickly.

I see them all the time. A friend of mine has been unable to buy a new star boss for a year because the new ones have all had the blizzard rim. If you look closely enough, you'll probably see some divots in your star plastic no matter what. Something's been up for a while.

Bottom stamp destroyers remain consistent for whatever reason. Don't seem very popular, so might just be old stock or something. Nevertheless, check them out.

I got my brother some that came in late November for Christmas but they seem to be the bubbles deeper in the rim even if bigger ones, unlike the crappy stuff the modern Blizzard plastic. I think an old run of Innova Champion Destroyers came out of the vault to make room for more discs in Champion with a Wysocki signature on the disc. If they keep up with this I might get the slower speed version of the Destroyer, Wraith if that disc is not redone. Orc got redone as it was the modern Wraith shape to rim before Wraith came out. I use the Champion Destroyer and I do not like the true Blizzard rim they had at one point for some the Champion models of high speed discs 12 speed on up.

Last edited:
I have a 171 and it is blizzard and straight winged. There are still some non-blizzard, concave rimmed beefier versions out there as well.

My 171 straight wing is a bomber. Flips a bit and glides far.

To answer one's question, some people would want these to help identify less stable destroyers to fill a slot in a cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me they feel the same in hand but are more understable. I do throw also DD's sheriffs which one might say would be the choice if you are looking for a flippier destroyer but they lack the extra glide and meters that destroyers have.

I have not noticed them to be inferiorly produced and i really don't care if they just fly good for me.

Latest posts