• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Only destroyer i carry anymore XG Glow champ

Attachments

• 20190610_130325.jpg
    20190610_130325.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190610_130313.jpg
    20190610_130313.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 53
For whatever reason I bought a couple. Probably in my head, but the rim feels a tick wider on these than the Rickys I have been throwing. They seem faster too. On the overstable side of the Destroyer spectrum, but they do have some dome and seem to go pretty far despite being overstable. I like the flight and put one in my bag, but it won't be my main destroyer for my arm speed.

I love them, heavy and overstable, and they finally softened up the swirly star, so it is closer to the early Brinsters than the later Brinsters, and that comment will likely boost their sales quite a bit.

Still going to need more time to see how they season, for now they are overstable and used for headwinds, no max D yet, but feel like they have the potential to straighten out.

I am wondering if anybody has thrown any of the new splatter runs ?
The Brinster in splatter was poop, no glide, scuffed up really easily, so wondering if the new splatter Destroyers and Teebirds are better ? Possibly softer/grippier ?

Checking some websites as well as friends with Calvin Destroyers - they are scaling overweight by 2+ grams, so plan for 177+ grams.

Just here to sulk about my perfectly seasoned metal flake destroyer that I left on the course last week. You know, the kind of destroyer that never flipped but hummed straight for days before a reliable fade? So long, old pal.

Haven't thrown them, but the Philo's have some dome to them as well. I have some bubbles in my rims on the two I got. Look pretty similar to the lighter weight Rickys. They have a flatter rim as well.

The Philo's this year are absolute money. They are a little more stable than the straight wing Ricky's but they are bombers. They push forward very well for a destroyer. It might be an optical illusion, but they appear to be a few millimeters larger in diameter than a normal destroyer. Very good straight to hyzer destroyer.

Anyone have any experience with the XXL Stargate Destroyers? I can't seem to find anything on them. Are they similar to current stock stars or something else?

Anyone have any experience with the XXL Stargate Destroyers? I can't seem to find anything on them. Are they similar to current stock stars or something else?

I've been throwing a few XXL Stargates. They are probably a half tick more OS than the Ricky's. The lighter weights have some dome and appear to have a touch more glide than the flatter ones. I would expect the 170-172 slightly domey ones to beat in to a bomber Destroyer.

Star Destroyer question:

Are the new Raptor D's less OS than the McBeth's? Assuming they're both max weight.

2010 Destroyer

I have a destroyer with patent numbers. It's marked *DS. Stamp is from the Texas State Am Doubles Championship in 2010. Any info on what run this was? Was it 2-line era or 3-line or something else? Any info would be great, thanks.

I have a destroyer with patent numbers. It's marked *DS. Stamp is from the Texas State Am Doubles Championship in 2010. Any info on what run this was? Was it 2-line era or 3-line or something else? Any info would be great, thanks.

Patent numbers lead me to believe it would be early 2 Line era, but I could be wrong.

Finally grabbed a Ricky Destroyer. It is a flat wing at 175. It flies sweet. I have a 4x flat wing at 168 that is a hyzer flip machine. The Ricky has more stability and compliments it perfectly.

Sooo 256 pages...

If I wanted to get into destroyers... where do I start?

Which production runs are overstable, understable, and which are true to the numbers?

To give you an idea of my perspective, the first run of Paul McBeth destroyers I bought were very overstable. As stable than the current runs ofPD2 out of the box.

That is a two line avery era. I love old destroyers and have been throwing them since 2009. Let me know if you're interested in getting rid of it. I have lots of old innova plastic or cash

Sooo 256 pages...

If I wanted to get into destroyers... where do I start?

Which production runs are overstable, understable, and which are true to the numbers?

To give you an idea of my perspective, the first run of Paul McBeth destroyers I bought were very overstable. As stable than the current runs ofPD2 out of the box.

Honestly they're all over the place. You just get what you get and make it work.
I have 2 f2's that are absolute meathooks. Others that are kinda flippy.
That's just how it goes in this world.

Latest posts