• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I agree with you about the Hurricane and Force. Both of those were more overstable and had less glide and distance for me than star Destroyers. I'm not really sold on the Zeus either. I've tried 4 of them, and they just don't glide that well. I EASILY throw star Destroyers further than ESP Zeuses.

The closest MVP disc to a Destroyer I've tried is the Octane. It's maybe 1 speed faster, but has a very similar flight. A little turn followed by a strong fade.

I've got a Panic and Mayhem for big sidearms and distance drives, but I use them more situationally. I wouldn't want to throw a speed 13 for my all-purpose, comfortable disc, thus the Octane (sadly) not working.

I'm glad someone else had a similar experience with Hurricanes--I was starting to think I was crazy getting all of these more-overstable-than-people-have-experienced discs. Maybe they're all throwing 500' :confused:

I've got a Panic and Mayhem for big sidearms and distance drives, but I use them more situationally. I wouldn't want to throw a speed 13 for my all-purpose, comfortable disc, thus the Octane (sadly) not working.

I'm glad someone else had a similar experience with Hurricanes--I was starting to think I was crazy getting all of these more-overstable-than-people-have-experienced discs. Maybe they're all throwing 500' :confused:

I've thrown maybe 3 Hurricanes. None of them were good for me. They felt clunky, beefy, and slow. Almost like a stubborn Wraith. I'm almost at the same point with the Zeus. Those things just don't have much zip to them.

One other driver you might try if you want a Destroyer feel/flight is the Enigma. It turns a little easier and doesn't fade quite as hard as a Destroyer, but is still very similar.

Has anyone ordered F2 Pro Destroyers from Innova ProShop lately? Curious if they have some flatter ones with softer Pro Plastic.

How do the flatter Pro Destroyers fly vs huge dome ones?

I have limited experience with a domey one that was already beaten to oblivion an thus really flippy.

Playing with the idea of cycling Pro plastic drivers to minimize my molds.

Has anyone ordered F2 Pro Destroyers from Innova ProShop lately? Curious if they have some flatter ones with softer Pro Plastic.

How do the flatter Pro Destroyers fly vs huge dome ones?

I have limited experience with a domey one that was already beaten to oblivion an thus really flippy.

Playing with the idea of cycling Pro plastic drivers to minimize my molds.

You don't want flat Destroyers. They will be more finicky (more apt to turn and burn), lower glide, etc. Not reliable basically.

I bought one a couple months ago and it was shallower - almost flat. Not great. Mediocre flier.

You don't want flat Destroyers. They will be more finicky (more apt to turn and burn), lower glide, etc. Not reliable basically.

I bought one a couple months ago and it was shallower - almost flat. Not great. Mediocre flier.
Thanks for the info. I did have a hunch that it might be a problem. I like my disc's in the flatter side for faster drivers so this might not be my cup of tea.

Thanks for the info. I did have a hunch that it might be a problem. I like my disc's in the flatter side for faster drivers so this might not be my cup of tea.

I can't comment on recent runs, but of the 3 pop-top Pro Destroyers I've had, every one was a total bomber. Started slightly less stable than star, and within the season became flip machines.

I've thrown a 173-5 Wysocki 2X. Plastic was pretty good. Very slight blizzardy look in the rim, but overall it's nice.

Good dome, and it flies pretty overstable.

As far as star Destroyers go, it's right in the middle of the stability spectrum. IMO it glided better than most McBeths.

^ this is exactly my sentiment too! I bought a pair at the start of this season and they've seasoned much quicker than my flatter McBeth's, which is perfectly fine by me. I'm really happy with their current guide and low speed stability. I bought another pair for insurance simply because I'm a greedy hoarder.

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-destroyer-collab-edition/

Old run found in the factory? or New run with the original mold (so swirly Scorpius...)? Maybe someone who purchased can upload pictures of the profile and bottom side showing the tooling/pen markings to really tell
A local pro who works in our pro shop here in OKC told me they are vintage stock, not newly pressed. That being said, he doesn't work for Innova so who knows.

I hit the pole from 400 out with my Vinny Destroyer today (slightly downhill hole). I've never had an ace over 330 so I was really pumped to be kind of close, couple feet off. hehe

xTCTVd4.jpg

165g Star Destroyer. Huuuuge pop top-- like a whole second layer of dome. L wing as well. These are long bois.

165g Star Destroyer. Huuuuge pop top-- like a whole second layer of dome. L wing as well. These are long bois.

I have found a small handful of those and I can agree to this. They have a bit more overstability than non pop top L wings. They are great.

I just found one of those at Academy. There were two with the dome, blizzardy rim and small Doth gap. I guess i should have bought both.

Any updates on how the Eero *DS Destroyers fly?

For me (380-400 avg, 430 max) they fly like a Destroyer should out of the box: overstable with great glide. Thrown into a headwind on hyzer it flipped to flat, touch of turn with a mild fade. Looking forward to seeing how it flies after the newness is gone.

Are these a different production disc (F2), an accident at the factory, or an intentional, occasional secret run?

These are 2x Ricky stamped. Sometimes Destroyers mold up with concave wings, sometimes flat wings, sometimes even concave wings. Doth Savek did a deep dive into that on one of his vids. My favorite destroyers are flat wings with huge domes.

These are 2x Ricky stamped. Sometimes Destroyers mold up with concave wings, sometimes flat wings, sometimes even concave wings. Doth Savek did a deep dive into that on one of his vids. My favorite destroyers are flat wings with huge domes.

I have watched that entire video. But when 'L Wing' phrase came up, I wondered if it was more than just hot plastic smashed under a a pile of discs.

Latest posts