• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Destroyer is destroying me!

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I do not have the skill, speed, form, technique, and proper body to use this disc...It is like akin to driving a lamborghinni or a ferrari..I cannot get the thing out of 3rd gear before I crash it into a wall....anyone else been this frustrated and given up on these new high speed wide rimmed discs?

I don't have the arm speed either to throw this disc STRAIGHT. I do however like this disc for big hyzers, headwind drives, and right turning sidearms.

Oh its the most stable thing I ever threw..definetely a big fat lead zeppelin in the wind I agree with you there....but anyone throw it straight?

Oh its the most stable thing I ever threw..definetely a big fat lead zeppelin in the wind I agree with you there....but anyone throw it straight?

I throw a 169g straight for 275-300 ft before it starts to hook right (throwing sidearm.) Released level it'll even fade left a bit before coming back. I'm getting 325+ out of the destroyers on a good day. My buddy gets about the same results throwing backhand. I love 'em.

i loved my destroyer before i turned it over into a river... i have been working on my form for quite a while and got to where i can throw my putter like 275' so i kinda happy to throw the faster overstable discs....

i love my star destroyer. favorite disc in my bag. throw it straight, anheiser (sp?), and heiser (sp?). overshot a 350' hole with it today. if you've got one and don't want it, pass it along. many others, including myself would be more than willing to trade for it.

try flipping a max weight monster...if not, try a flick, those babies are stable(great for a vicious forehand)...as far as destroyer and xcal, maybe my favs right now...still learning the boss and my go to is still the beast..the problem is everyone wants the new thing because joe long arm says it added distance. try them at lighter weights or the best advice may be to learn less stable discs like a valk or sidewinder?...

I agree with trying a less stable disc. Maybe a Wraith or Valkyerie.

I threw a dx destroyer and could get that thing to turn really well, i lost it bought a star destroyer and have a lot harder time getting it to turn, but I can shoot that thing straight as an arrow, work on keeping the elevation lower and try shooting it with some anhyzer power

I carry two Star-Destroyers for all my max distance needs!!, Yeah that baby flyes straight but definately has greater fade then a wraith.

Those of you having trouble with the destroyer, I would just like to ask if you are overpowering an orc. If you are turning over your orc, then yes, you are ready for the destroyer. It does take some time to get it a little beat in, before it will start to go straight for you. Also, the more worn in it gets the more understable it will start to act. So you can use it for long hyzer shots in the beginning, but keep something like a monster or max around to become you long hyzer disc. In the group of friends that I play with, 3 of us use star destroyers as our main distance driver, and they are so worn in that on good days we can use our destroyers for hyzer flip shots. Thrown with just a hint of hyzer angle, my standard destroyer shot stays under 10 feet and goes super straight, before hooking left at the end of its flight. As my snap has gotten better, it has really turned into my go to driver, for shotting straight gaps.

I would like to warn you that I have heard of people who bought destroyers that were not destroyers. One of my playing buddies is in charge of the disc golf department at our local gander mountain, and he picked up a destroyer that had more high speed turn than a roadrunner. We don't know if it was a misprint or just a bad mold, but be warned that it does happen.

Im digging the star destroyer. I get a late fade but it has added 20-25 ft to my throw. even with that I am still only throwing 300ft

U may want to try a groove. I can throw a huge flex shot with mine and it gets a ton of glide when it comes back. It also glides forever on hyzer lines

Love my Destroyer. Favorite disc in my bag, but the color on my Groove rocks. I just got another Destroyer (both star plastic) with a really sweet Raiders dye. (THANKS VETTE) I just can't bring myself to throw it.